DK ultimate guide full of spoilers

Avilos

Sankara said:
I hope you don't want that Indy is the father of Mutt.

Well, nothing is official now...we have to wait!:D

What does wanting it to be true change if it is actually true?

Mutt is very likely Indy's son. CLearly you won't like that. But you don't decide these things!

xVendetta17x

tocksic said:
No. The whole context of that text-passage it way to clear. It can't be a translation error. I have the magazine right here.

Only possibility: GL lied. :p

That would be sweet!
If my dream to be a filmmaker holds out then I would totally do that to lead the fans of my movies down the wrong directions

agentsands77

xVendetta17x said:
If my dream to be a filmmaker holds out then I would totally do that to lead the fans of my movies down the wrong directions
Lucas isn't that kind of chap, though. And taken with all the surrounding evidence, the conclusion is clear. Mutt is Indy's son. There's no other valid conclusion.

Chris Jones

agentsands77 said:
Lucas isn't that kind of chap, though. And taken with all the surrounding evidence, the conclusion is clear. Mutt is Indy's son. There's no other valid conclusion.

Well Lucas also said it was just another movie. He down played the movie, he could just be leading us in another direction thinking that Mutt is indy's son.

I personally would rather Indy not have a son.

Whatever happens happens though, we'll probably not find out until May 22nd... I can wait a few more weeks.

mfisher

I dunno... the clues left in the DK book are so friggin obvious.. it is hard not to believe the connection now... I am in the minority though.. the idea has grown on me.. and I am not opposed to more movies.. could be fun

nitzsche

It's really time to start accepting it, people, or you're going to be sitting in the theater distracted and disappointed.

xVendetta17x

I never really cared that Indy had a son
I kind've suspected it when the rumour was floating around, way back, that Natalie was going to play his daughter
Either way i'm not complaining

agentsands77

CMNeir said:
Well Lucas also said it was just another movie. He down played the movie, he could just be leading us in another direction thinking that Mutt is indy's son.
Downplaying a film and then lying about it's content are two entirely different things. I don't see any motivation on Lucas' part to lie, especially since he said he didn't really care if spoilers got out there (they're going to see the movie anyway).

Given the clues in the DK book, Lucas' comments, and all the other reports, the conclusion is unavoidable. Mutt is Indy's son. To believe anything else at this point is downright irrational.

UltimateManGod

Mutt being Indy's on has grown on me to the point that I would now be disappointed if Mutt weren't Indy's son. I didn't like the idea originally, but now I'm excited to see the two interract, and how it works out.

Chris Jones

agentsands77 said:
Downplaying a film and then lying about it's content are two entirely different things. I don't see any motivation on Lucas' part to lie, especially since he said he didn't really care if spoilers got out there (they're going to see the movie anyway).

Given the clues in the DK book, Lucas' comments, and all the other reports, the conclusion is unavoidable. Mutt is Indy's son. To believe anything else at this point is downright irrational.

I see your point. I just never thought Indy would ever have a son, though whatever happens i will be fine with. I've been waiting this long, Indy is Indy. I'll enjoy it either way.

The only thing i was worried about was if Mutt is Indy's son, that they may continue on the series with him and not Harrison... I don't like that idea much...

Sankara

I don't think that Lucas lied. But what about the german magazine "Cinema"? So... nothing is official (No word about mutt is Indy's son in Paramount press release". We have to wait... and we have to pray! (y)

xVendetta17x

"his Archaeology 101 fills up faster than any other course---female students outnumbering males by three to one. "
Hmm seems to me like Indy has a bunch of gerontophile's on his hands

TalonCard

Hmmm. If Indy is to have a son, they couldn've done worse than Shia. I've always been a fan of his--there was even an episode of his old TV show where they had an Indy parody...which may or may not make some of you dislike him more... :p ;)

TC

xVendetta17x

I think we all missed something major there
"Raised in a superstitious Ukranian village, where her psychic abilities led her being branded a 'witch', Irina Spalko was handpicked by Stalin to oversee research into psychic warfare"