Competition Dioramas

Lance Quazar

A few more shots of the Donovan Wing of the National Museum.

This is primarily the "Egyptian Wing" with one wall dedicated to South America...

Museum2.jpg

Belloq checks out his translations against the Rosetta Stone...

Museum3.jpg

Museum4.jpg

Cool-looking mummy!

Museum5.jpg

More Egyptian goodies...

Museum6.jpg

...and a little bit of South America.

inky_skin

That turned out real nice Lance. Fantastic to see you populating your diorama with so many custom figures too. That wood/glass display case on the back wall is very cool - and the other in-scale artifacts are well chosen. In can almost imagine Marcus getting lost in there somewhere :) Oh - and great little nod in the naming of your museum wing as well...

vf wing

I'm blown away by the quality and diversity of the entries. The construction and custom work on display is phenomenal!!

Even my vocabulary has been expanded. I've been saying "bifurcate" to myself all weekend ;)

A mishap on my end has kept me from getting any more photos in by the deadline, so I guess my entry stands as is. I'll be sure to share the rest via another thread as soon as I can!

indyswk

I might as well show mine. I know it's too late for the entry and really I don't mind that, just to share with you all..

4399258871_1808e9db35_o.jpg

Indy stumbles across a trasure chest guarded by a troll!:gun:

Sorry for crappy photo available space is not much so the lighting is crap until I move it to a brighter location

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:

Cool diorama and custom figures, Lance. I like that use of the long display cabinet - looks like a 1/12 dolls house shop counter, but is perfect for a museum display in this scale.

Lance Quazar

indyswk said:
I might as well show mine. I know it's too late for the entry and really I don't mind that, just to share with you all..

Indy stumbles across a trasure chest guarded by a troll!:gun:

Sorry for crappy photo available space is not much so the lighting is crap until I move it to a brighter location

This looks really cool. Very nice backdrop, excellent props and environment pieces. The pic is a little out of focus, so the troll is a little hard to make out, but it looks pretty spiffy.

Take more pics when you can!!

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Cool diorama and custom figures, Lance. I like that use of the long display cabinet - looks like a 1/12 dolls house shop counter, but is perfect for a museum display in this scale.

Yep, that's exactly right! Usually those cabinets go for about $20 or so on ebay, but this one only set me back about $6. I'm glad I waited.

I briefly considered painting it to match the other pedestals in the room, but decided the existing look with the more realistic staining was better.

Montana Smith

:(
Lance Quazar said:
Yep, that's exactly right! Usually those cabinets go for about $20 or so on ebay, but this one only set me back about $6. I'm glad I waited.

I briefly considered painting it to match the other pedestals in the room, but decided the existing look with the more realistic staining was better.

It looks classy, and it's given me an idea... :hat:

indyswk

Lance Quazar said:
This looks really cool. Very nice backdrop, excellent props and environment pieces. The pic is a little out of focus, so the troll is a little hard to make out, but it looks pretty spiffy.

Take more pics when you can!!

Sorry for the out of focus and badly lit pic.

Here's more that are clearer. (I haven't used a tripod so they aren't that good also, but at least I moved it to brighter location)

Thank you for your comment.

4405997198_066ce4d1f7_o.jpg

4405997258_aa46c46911_o_d.jpg

4405997308_0b8f8b77b4_o_d.jpg

The troll is actually a World of Warcraft figure. They're about the same scale so I improvised :D. Also, he didn't come with a sword, it was added in from a keychain.

4405232569_711f18e91d_o_d.jpg

hemble

Hi All

Guys not long to go now so get your votes in for your favorite dio. And indyswk great little setup mate.

Ron

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
When is the deadline?

hemble said:
...voting will commence on Monday the 1st of March and will end Sunday the 7th of March and the winners will be announced on the 12th of March after I get out of Hospital.

I assume that the final voting deadline is still correct despite extensions to the competition...

hemble

Hi All

Yeah mate the 7th march midnight will be the dealine for voting and I will be announcing the winners on the 9th of March (day before my op) instead of the 12th.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

Have counted up the votes and here are the WINNERS. Congrats not just to the winners but to everyone that entered the comp:hat:

1st PLACE - inky_skin (mine car)
2nd PLACE - Luke SpryWalker (Raven Bar)
3rd PLACE - Lance Quazar (museum)

I am in hospital for a day or two as of tomorrow having minor surgery, I will post everyones prizes to them mid next week.

Could the winners also email their full names and address to hemble@optusnet.com.au please.

Ron

Lance Quazar

Good luck with your surgery, Hemble, and thanks for creating such a cool contest and generously donating your amazing work!

A round of applause for Hemble!

I actually feel terribly guilty, since I absolutely do not deserve to win anything.

I am extremely grateful of all the votes and I am genuinely humbled by the appreciation, but all the other entries in this competition are incredibly gorgeous projects that were made BY HAND by the talent, imagination and hard work of the participants.

Compared to that, I did nothing.