Sallah returns according to ABC News!

1ord3vil

commontone said:
But for Sallah to pop up for just a single scene (what else could it be?) would reek of "obligatory sequel cameo."

Guess who'll be showing up for the wedding scene.

I can hardly believe how well almost every single detail we get to know about this movie fits in with my "fluffy forgettable action comedy" theory.

All I can say is that I really hope I'm wrong and as usual I reserve judgement until I've seen the actual movie.

No Ticket

I like Sallah. Really, I do. But if he is back, it's just what I feared. Perhaps Indy, Sallah and Marion will get out a big photobook and rummage through stills from Raiders.

Indy: "Ahh, Remember this one?!"
Sallah:" Ahahaha my friend! Of course, of course! That is when you almost died but I caught that date!"
Indy: "bad dates! Hahaha. It sounds like you've got yourself a writer or something!"
Marion: "Remember this one?"
Sallah: "OH the kiss! I always really liked that kiss!"
Marion: "Yeah I could tell!"
Indy: (serious face) "What's that supposed to mean?"
Marion: "Well he was singing afterwards!"
Indy: "Oh. ... Right."
Marion: "Say, who was taking these pictures anyway?"
(all look blankly at each other)
Sallah: "Don't you two have another adventure to get back to?"
Indy: "Yeah, we just thought we'd stop in for some good ol nostalgia and catch up!"
Sallah: "Well I am glad you did! Be on your way now!"

trippweeder

AHegele said:
Stations with exclusives should have the correct info, but this wouldn't be the first time ABC screwed up.

about a month ago they had a behind the scenes look on the set of The Dark Knight, they starting naming off the characters appearing in the sequel along with images of their characters starting off with Batman and a picture of Bale as Wayne, Eckhart followed by a picture of him as Harvey Dent and finally Heath Ledger followed by a picture of.... Conrad Veidt???!
449_large.jpg

ABC aint right all the time. I am curious about this though.

I could never figure out who's in that picture. I thought, "Well it MUST be Ledger, right?"

oki9Sedo

metalinvader said:
Puts a new twist on the quote..
"It's a date..You eat them".

Well the monkey put his dates in its mouth and it didn't do tell well out of that. "Bad dates!"

I can just imagine Sallah trying to persuade Indy to do something different: "NO CAMELS!"

Last edited:

No Ticket

oki9Sedo said:
Well the monkey put his dates in its mouth and it didn't do tell well out of that.

"Bad dates!"

I think the inevitable will indeed occur once a moderator happens upon this conversation!

I think you guys are TRYING to get it closed. lol.

Kingsley

Poor Sallah...
The only way I can see him in the movie is if the Morocco rumour is true. And that could be in the intro several years before 1957... he could die there... and Indy could decide to retire... :rolleyes:

ok, ok... My mind runs fast.

Avilos

You all make me laugh! If he does have a surprise cameo...we would not know about it right now! SO all these assertions of it being impossible are just foolish. We have no way of knowing what the surprises are going to be in the movie!

Finn

Staff member
It's weird how people think this is going to get closed, even though what's being discussed is simply modern Hollywood.

The kiss would cap Ford an Oscar for sure.

Niteshade007

I don't know about Sallah's return. Like others have voiced, putting him in there for the sake of him being there would be foolish. Also, I find it hard to believe that EVERYONE from the past films (Sallah, Willie, Henry Jones Sr.) would make cameo appearances with no one having found out beforehand. An extra or someone would have spilled the beans. I can maybe see being able to hide a cameo appearance by Willie, since Capshaw is the director's wife and might be on set anyway, but stars like Connery or someone like Davies would be difficult to get on set without others noticing and reporting on it.

CB27

I seem to remember a rumor at one point that some of the New Mexico shoot was doubling for Morocco. Maybe that's the opening scene of the movie and Sallah is only featured for that segment. I don't think his role would seem to forced if that was the case.

Indy Smith

Whatto do is they work on a closed set with a skeleton crew who all sign confidenital forms stating that if they spill he beans then they will reek some kind of punishment for it.

SterankoII

Maybe's in the opening sequence? He's not just the "Comedy Arab" as some poster said. He is as Indy referred to "The best digger in Egypt". Now what he's doing in South America, I don't know. I think he's involved in the beginning action scene but not the rest I don't know.

DaveTheHutt

Maybe Sallah gets killed in the opening mini adventure, which leads to Indy hanging up his whip for good... until Marion wanders into his life again, in need of help...

Personally I hope Sallah's not in it - great in Raiders, but a comic buffoon in LC who over-stayed his welcome. To see him turn up again would make me groan inside.

LaoCheRules!

I can see it now.....

Indy and Sallah are racing through the desert, having just escaped some evil villain.

Indy: "Sallah, hurry up will ya!"

Sallah: "I'm coming Indy!"

The camera cuts back to the desert, and a pistol enters the frame. It fires! Letting off a loud POW!

Sallah clutches his chest and falls forward into the sand.

Sallah: (weakly) "Indy...."

Indy: "Sallah!" He reaches out his hand.

Sallah head falls into the sand, he is dead.

Indy: (long drawn out) "Nooooooooooooooooooo......"

Cue music from Lord of the Rings where Gandalf dies in Moria.

Marion picks up Indy and carries him away.

Vendetta08

Hell yes, I love Sallah! At least, it may be a small scene or two. At most he may serve the story some kind of way like in Raiders.