Sallah returns according to ABC News!

Don't believe the Sallah factor at all. Anyway, Rhys Davies looks pipe thin nowadays, I don't think Indy would recognise his lovable, rotund middle eastern accomplice even if he was wearing the Tommy Cooper hat.

Deckard

herr gruber said:
Don't believe the Sallah factor at all. Anyway, Rhys Davies looks pipe thin nowadays, I don't think Indy would recognise his lovable, rotund middle eastern accomplice even if he was wearing the Tommy Cooper hat.

I think he would read as Sallah but still it just would feel out of place. There in the New Mexico Desert, not Cairo.

Professor Jones

I don't know what to believe... maybe he could really appear in a flashback. Not necessarily set in the 30s (so no youthing operations would be needed), but, who knows, some years before the 1957 (1952?1950? So that his aging would be justified).

I can say that I'm not disturbed from a possible return of Sallah. The only thing I would firmly avoid would be:
- a quick cameo and useless just to please the fans;
- a wedding scene, unless really strongly built on the point of view of the plot.

Major West

Professor Jones said:
The only thing I would firmly avoid would be:

- a wedding scene, unless really strongly built on the point of view of the plot.

Agreed. I don't think Sallah should marry Indy unless it's integral to the story.

Professor Jones

Major West said:
Agreed. I don't think Sallah should marry Indy unless it's integral to the story.

ehehehe :D

Maybe he MUST marry him to save the face in front of the public opinion, when he discovers that Mutt is... THEIR SON!

oki9Sedo

Professor Jones said:
ehehehe :D

Maybe he MUST marry him to save the face in front of the public opinion, when he discovers that Mutt is... THEIR SON!

You know when they meet up in that tent after the airplane fight in Raiders? The didn't show what they did in the tent afterwards.

"Truck? What truck!"
"Indy, you look exhausted, you must rest."
"Are you serious we don't have time to rest, the Arks gonna be driven out of here any minute and this is our last......oooooohhhhhh! (Sallah goes down on him)

Ska

Now we all know that Sallah appears in KOTCS...www.indianajones.com has already shown us a glimpse in one of the videos...at Indy's home in a picture!

...here's hoping that's the only cameo he makes.

Professor Jones

oki9Sedo said:
You know when they meet up in that tent after the airplane fight in Raiders? The didn't show what they did in the tent afterwards.

"Truck? What truck!"
"Indy, you look exhausted, you must rest."
"Are you serious we don't have time to rest, the Arks gonna be driven out of here any minute and this is our last......oooooohhhhhh! (Sallah goes down on him)

Ahahahah! :D That I would call "strongly built on the point of view of the plot". :D

oki9Sedo

Professor Jones said:
Ahahahah! :D That I would call "strongly built on the point of view of the plot". :D

What about when Sallah sings after Marion kisses him? He wasn't singing because Marion kissed him, he was singing because Indy fondled his crotch when they hugged.

deckard24

oki9Sedo said:
What about when Sallah sings after Marion kisses him? He wasn't singing because Marion kissed him, he was singing because Indy fondled his crotch when they hugged.
LMAO

Indy cupped his dates!

AHegele

Stations with exclusives should have the correct info, but this wouldn't be the first time ABC screwed up.

about a month ago they had a behind the scenes look on the set of The Dark Knight, they starting naming off the characters appearing in the sequel along with images of their characters starting off with Batman and a picture of Bale as Wayne, Eckhart followed by a picture of him as Harvey Dent and finally Heath Ledger followed by a picture of.... Conrad Veidt???!
449_large.jpg

ABC aint right all the time. I am curious about this though.