Sallah returns according to ABC News!

Oh bollocks! Wonder how the comedy arab's gonna explain his appearance in South America?

I can just picture it - Indy and his gang of Mac, Shia, John Hurt, Marion, Willie, Elsa, Short Round, the skeleton of Marcus and his dad in a bathchair will be hacking through the jungle when suddenly they stumble upon a tribal ceremony, where Sallah's being roasted on a spit,and he'll wink at the camera, point behind him and say 'My ass...very dangerous!'

Cue audience cheers and high fives.

commontone

I hope that's not true. Marion coming back is one thing; she's a major part of the plot. But for Sallah to pop up for just a single scene (what else could it be?) would reek of "obligatory sequel cameo."

Dr. Indy Jones

I don't know, I mean for as much as I do want Sallah back; I don't want it messing up the movie. I mean unless there is a
"wedding scene"
. I just don't know. I do hope hes in it though! That would be cool.

jasperjones

I wonder if he could be in the opening sequence with Indy. You know they could use teh same technology in X3 to youthify the guys perhaps. Who knows?

Indy Smith

Those images don't seem to say much they do have Sean Connery and Kate Capshaw in it.

I'd love to see a parody scene like at the end of Kiss,Kiss, Bang, bang. Everyone comes back at the end beofre being ushered out of the room. You get a scene with Indy falling into a Tomb and his dad steps out and then it's Sallah, and short Round, he then says "We may as well bring everyone back" and subsequently an entourage of characters fall through the roof in the form of beloch, Mola Ram, Donavan, Marion, Dr Schnieder, Marcus Brody, Willie Scott, Lopan or whatever it was David Yip played. Then to cap it all off we have Robert Downey Jr step in and tells everyone to get back into their respective DVD tribute packages. lol, this is kinda the kinda sketch you would see at the MTV Movie awards :-D

MattJones

QBComics said:
I honesty do not belive that Sallah, Willie, or Hery Jones Sr. are returning.

The only one that the article says is returning is Sallah, while Kate Capshaw's relationship with Steven was talked about and they referred to how Connery turned down the role because of retirement.

Still, I am kinda hesitant on believing that Sallah makes it into the film.

UltimateManGod

replican't said:
where Sallah's being roasted on a spit,and he'll wink at the camera, point behind him and say 'My ass...very dangerous!'

(y) I can totally hear him saying that in my head. That's really made my day. It may just be that ABC is misinformed about John's participation in the film. Somehow I think that sort of thing would have been discovered by now. I don't really want to see Sallah shoe-horned in at all, because it would feel contrived. I was hoping that when Connery came out and said he wasn't in the film he was throwing everyone off his path, but in secret, he filmed a part. Now, knowing that Lucas said it was a rather small part and essentially a cameo, I don't mind him being gone. I don't want Henry Sr. killed off though. He should be alive, just not in the film itself.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here are his Saucer Men lines, about as unnecessary as his appearance...

MARION: I can't believe he actually found someone who would say "yes."
WILLIE: I know.
SALLAH: You mean other than yourselves?
----------
SALLAH: Indy... It is a terrible thing when a woman deserts the man who loves her... If there is anything I can do...
INDY: Thanks, Sallah...

metalinvader

I don't know,I'm thinking that Good Morning America just messed up,Read an early rumor and jumped the gun a little bit.

As much as I liked the character,There is no need for him to return.

Hawkeye

I don't mind Sallah returning, if it's done right. None of that, "Let's put him in for a one-liner because fans like him" crap.

Zorg

Why are there comparison pics of Shia and Cate too? Neither of them were anywhere near an Indy movie in the 1980s. Ridiculous.

As for Sallah... don't believe it.

Deckard

Yes i think perhaps its a mistake. I can see George Lucas trying to sneek Johnathan on set w/ Spielberg screaming "I said No Sallah, thats one Sallah, Can't you count?"

deckard24

Zorg said:
Why are there comparison pics of Shia and Cate too? Neither of them were anywhere near an Indy movie in the 1980s. Ridiculous.

As for Sallah... don't believe it.
Yeah, what's up with that? Bizarre? LOL

BTW, couldn't they have found a better pic of Ford for his recent picture? Not a great comparison from the Indy of Temple to now!(n)

I'm still counting on a Henry Sr. surprise cameo. As for a wedding scene with everyone in it including Sallah, all I can think of is the ending of Armageddon! LOL

Finn

Staff member
This one sure does feel like a misunderstanding on ABC's part. However, if Sallah is due to come back, I'm sure it's just for a short scene, p'haps the one where Sir Sean was also bound to appear.