"Last Crusade" Action Figures

tnswman

BenderJones said:
Nothing tonight...

I've spent $30 in gas this week...I think I'm calling it quits!
If I find them at one of my "locale" stores..Great, Wonderful...
I stopped collecting Star Wars because there was too much...It never ends!!! Now, I'm thinking about quiting G.I. Joe and Indy because new stuff is bloody impossible to find...

Hasbro...your killing my joy
]

dude, ebay them.

as far as Gi Joe goes, How can you NOT find the new stuff, My Local Wal-Mart & K-mart have stocked and re-stocked wave 9 already several times.. Each wave hit Wayy heavy here...Heck, they have already re-stocked the DVD sets 3-times and the new Vehicle wave 3 times

RelicHunter

I quit collecting Star Wars for this same reason. I am getting to the point where I don't know if I care to continue looking. :(

FILMKRUSC

tnswman said:
]

dude, ebay them.

as far as Gi Joe goes, How can you NOT find the new stuff, My Local Wal-Mart & K-mart have stocked and re-stocked wave 9 already several times.. Each wave hit Wayy heavy here...Heck, they have already re-stocked the DVD sets 3-times and the new Vehicle wave 3 times

Consider yourself one of the lucky few. I haven't seen a restock in weeks.
Even Target which advertised some new SW items in their flyer last sunday still hasn't stocked the items.

Unfortunately the Indiana Jones toys will take longer as they are still sitting on the shelves before a restock can bring the new wave out.

Jonesy7

Frustration of the Hunt vs. Ebay/online purchase

Greetings fellow Indy fans!

I appreciate all the info passed along here with regard to these figures. I share in your frustration with the LC wave. I thought for sure I could pick up an Elsa and Sr. at Comic-Con last week -- if you can't get it at Comic-Con, it pretty much doesn't exist. Well, after scouring the floor and visiting every single toy seller there -- only one booth out of 1,000 had them at all, and then the Elsa and Sr.'s sold out first night. Un. Believable.

I've dropped into the two local Targets, and Toys R Us' to no avail, and I just CANNOT bring myself to flip though another peg of Mutts and Monkeymen. It's like a bad dream on rerun, and I feel foolish for doing it. Not to mention the gas expense -- spent at least 20 (conservatively) on gas, and still empty handed. And if you were to find ONE, there's still the paint ap question. It's as potluck as an online purchase.

It took at least 10 trips to the same stores to find 1 (!) Crystal Skull Indy in May, and I've only seen 1 more on my recent Elsa/Sr. hunts. So, in closing -- with gas prices, and time spent, I just don't think I can do it anymore. I'll start having bad dreams of shelves of Mutts. All in all, I think you'll spent less via ebay, even at inflated plus shipping. The hunt is half the fun, but I think at some point it stops being fun and becomes diminishing returns -- not to mention no longer having to wait in the distance until the other mid-to-late-30's guy can finish flipping through the pegs:)

Last edited:
Thank you Jonesy7...

I couldn't agree more...The hunt makes it fun. Before this summer began, I would have said that I always, ALWAYS find what I'm looking for...South Florida was a great place to toy hunt. The lay out of the stores always made it possible to hit six or seven stores in a short amount of time. Yeah, there's a lot of scalpers, but for some reason I was still always able to find new stuff.

This is different...

The Hasbro lines are the ones I still "in-store" hunt for and I think that's about to change.

And tnswman...You are lucky...I have been hitting stores all summer and the only Joes my stores have restocked are wave 7...Yeah, wave 7...I kid you not...My 2 locale targets restocked their pegs with these...Vipers anyone?
However, I think your right about ebay!!

Jonesy7

I found the "well of figures"

Well, after posting my frustration this morning, I have to share my joy. I found them all. By all, I mean... ALL.

There's a Walmart that's a bit of a drive, but since we'd never been, myself and my significant thought we'd go browse. I thought since we'd be there, sure I'd look (for the heck of it) but didn't expect to have any luck. But boy did I ever! I only wish some of you other guys could have as good fortune, because I was only LOOKING for Elsa and Sr. -- they had 1 Elsa, 3 Sr's, A Vogel, 3 Spalko, 2 Grail Knights, 3 Tie Indy's, and 2 Young Indy's. In addition, they had all the vehicles, the playsets, deluxe figures and all the other single figs released so far. They really had it all. I started to go nuts, but I didn't want to be a hoarder -- just got the ones I was looking for :)

Had I not found these today, it would have definitely been ebayed.

So now Elsa will have to choose between two gray haired Jones Boys. Sr. or Crystal Skull Indy? She can decide as I enjoy my Jones branded peanut M+M's.

WillKill4Food

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!
YOU WILL TELL US NOW IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!
:dead::dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Just kidding.
But seriously, I don't want to have to use the Staff of Ra to find this. Where is this figure hoard?

HovitosKing

WillKill4Food said:
WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!
YOU WILL TELL US NOW IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!
:dead::dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Just kidding.
But seriously, I don't want to have to use the Staff of Ra to find this. Where is this figure hoard?

Nominated for best post I've seen in a long time. Congrats.

Nurhachi1991

Jonesy7 said:
Well, after posting my frustration this morning, I have to share my joy. I found them all. By all, I mean... ALL.

There's a Walmart that's a bit of a drive, but since we'd never been, myself and my significant thought we'd go browse. I thought since we'd be there, sure I'd look (for the heck of it) but didn't expect to have any luck. But boy did I ever! I only wish some of you other guys could have as good fortune, because I was only LOOKING for Elsa and Sr. -- they had 1 Elsa, 3 Sr's, A Vogel, 3 Spalko, 2 Grail Knights, 3 Tie Indy's, and 2 Young Indy's. In addition, they had all the vehicles, the playsets, deluxe figures and all the other single figs released so far. They really had it all. I started to go nuts, but I didn't want to be a hoarder -- just got the ones I was looking for :)

Had I not found these today, it would have definitely been ebayed.

So now Elsa will have to choose between two gray haired Jones Boys. Sr. or Crystal Skull Indy? She can decide as I enjoy my Jones branded peanut

M+M's.

LUCKY! Man I wish a midget would of punched you right between the legs as soon as you found these.

HovitosKing

Maybe the damned LC wave is finally filtering down into retail stores. Still nothing around here, though. Honestly I could live without ever finding another LC figure, but I'll be devastated if the ToD wave is as difficult to find as this one has been. There's no way Assbro could possibly think Indy w/ torn sleeve and machete wouldn't be a huge success with their most valued consumers, the kiddies.

Jonesy7

Nurhachi1991 said:
Man I wish a midget would of punched you right between the legs as soon as you found these.

Wow. Such a nice bunch. Sorry I shared in my excitement. How old are you, just curious? And FYI: the midget would have to finish fellating you before he could punch me. Now go jump off a cliff. If you can't find the one from Last Crusade, any cliff will do...

Nurhachi1991

Jonesy7 said:
Wow. Such a nice bunch. Sorry I shared in my excitement. How old are you, just curious? And FYI: the midget would have to finish fellating you before he could punch me. Now go jump off a cliff. If you can't find the one from Last Crusade, any cliff will do...

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

But really what if the minute you saw the figures WHAM a rouge midget came out of no where and nailed you. Would you still feel happy?

HovitosKing

Jonesy7 said:

I think he was just joking with you because we're all jealous of your good fortune. Hell, now I'd like to see a midget punch you in the balls just for having no "shining" sense of humor. If you can't laugh, you may as well be laughed at.

Jonesy7

HovitosKing said:
I think he was just joking with you because we're all jealous of your good fortune.

And as I said, I wish some of you (the sane, nice ones) could have shared in that good fortune, because I was only looking for two. People have informed me where this line had popped up, so I thought I would pass along the favor.

HovitosKing said:
Hell, now I'd like to see a midget punch you in the balls just for having no "shining" sense of humor. If you can't laugh, you may as well be laughed at.

Dude, do whatever makes you feel better. Laugh till your throat hurts. Or maybe it hurts because the Midget got bored with your friend and switched places? C'mon, have another laugh.

HovitosKing

You're certainly a jaded character for having only 5 posts under your belt. You sure you're not just some banned little weasel using a different IP? We're happy for you, congrats and all. No reason to start a pissing match.

Jonesy7

Not jaded sir, but when it comes to internet negativity I can give as good as I can take but in the end it's just pointless BS.
Grown men bikering over **** that doesn't matter. There's a war going on and some of you wish to argue over ****ing toys.
Bottom line: We share in a love for INDY. I am relating an INDY story some might find helpful. And some asswax wishes I got punched in the balls and you think that's cool/and or funny? If that's so, then both of you are sad. So you go be sad. Hold hands while you're going over that cliff together if it eases the pain.
I'm pretty damn happy, and I'll keep my Indy tales to myself because some infantiles can't be cool about it.

I honestly hope you are more welcoming to others who seek this site out with genuine excitement. If genuine excitement invites these types of responses from you to people who share in a common love-- then have a party. You're exhibit A for people who loathe fandom. You should really be ashamed. But that would require objectivity. And a thought process.

Last edited:

The_Raiders

Jonsey I tihnk its awesom you found your LC figures, I'm really glad to hear more people are finding them becasue that gives me hope in finding mine. (y)

Nurhachi1991

Jonesy7 said:
Not jaded sir, but when it comes to internet negativity I can give as good as I can take but in the end it's just pointless BS.
Grown men bikering over **** that doesn't matter. There's a war going on and some of you wish to argue over ****ing toys.
Bottom line: We share in a love for INDY. I am relating an INDY story. And some asswax wishes I got punched in the balls and you think that's cool/and or funny? If that's so, then both of you are sad. So you go be sad. Hold hands while you're going over that cliff together if it eases the pain.
I'm pretty damn happy, and I'll keep my Indy tales to myself because some infantiles can't be cool about it.

I honestly hope you are more welcoming to others who seek this site out with genuine excitement. If genuine excitement invites these types of responses here from people who all share in a common love-- then have a party. You're exhibit A for people who loathe fandom. You should really be ashamed. But that would require objectivity. And a thought process.

Hey right here buddy

punches.jpg

and look who is getting all bent out of shape because I made a joke........ Hovitos is right I wish I found LC figures I have wasted time,gas ect to find them and you just waltz right in and there all right there life is just a big box of fancy assorted cashews for you.

Thats what we do on these boards we joke with each other and if you can't do that than get the hell out of here.

Jonesy7

Nurhachi1991 said:
and look who is getting all bent out of shape because I made a joke........ Hovitos is right I wish I found LC figures I have wasted time,gas ect to find them and you just waltz right in and there all right there life is just a big box of fancy assorted cashews for you.

Wasn't like that, if you bothered to read before the knee JERK reaction. I have also wasted time, money and gas and was getting frustrated. As I assume have others, which is why I wanted to relate where this line is popping up.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Thats what we do on these boards we joke with each other and if you can't do that than get the hell out of here.

I guess I failed to see the humor. And I'll post or not post at my discretion, not yours.