Key chain--

keychain.jpg

Some books --

indybooks.jpg

Some DVDs for my summer viewing pleasure --

youngindy.jpg

indyclone25

new fathers day hallmark cards

i found two new fathers day hallmark cards yesterday at the local hallmark store, at least it's something new --lol:D
scan0001.jpg
scan0002-1.jpg

scan0003.jpg
scan0004.jpg

Jack Panix

Taking advantage of this lull in toy collecting to fill in the holes in my comic collection. Got the last Indy Omnibus I needed, The Further Adventures Vol. 3, among others:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2djcg11.jpg

I've never read any of the comics in the omnibus collections shown in the picture! Should be fun.

Hopefully Dark Horse will put a trade out collecting the KotCS adaptation and Tomb of the Gods. Haven't read those either.

Stoo

ROB98374 said:
Got my "In the Lost City..." on Canvas Print today. It is limited to 50 prints. Now I need to get it framed.
Also received the "Greatest Adventures Of Indiana Jones" book. My daughter and I looked at it today. It is a nice book.
Congrats on the "Greatest Adventures", Rob. I love that book! What is this "Lost City" thing?:confused:
Heavy-Sixer said:
Some DVDs for my summer viewing pleasure --

youngindy.jpg
indyclone25 said:
great stuff you will enjoy the dvds alot.(y)
Heavy-Sixer said:
I hope so. I've never seen an episode of Young Indiana Jones, but when I saw that BN.com had them on sale for $29.99 each, I bit the bullet.
Heavy-Sixer, 'I'm sure in there you'll find, the sanctuary'.;) Glad to see so many people are now picking these up! Awesome.(y) (They may not be your cup o' tea but I hope you enjoy them, regardless of their Indy connection.)

ROB98374

Stoo said:
Congrats on the "Greatest Adventures", Rob. I love that book! What is this "Lost City" thing?:confused:

The book is fun, and pretty good priced too.

I bought the last Canvas one from StarWarsShop, but other places still have some I would imagine.
I don't know too much about it, I just liked how it looked. Here is some info from the website.

In the Lost City of the Golden Legion - Indiana Jones
50 piece canvas giclee edition.
Each piece measures 18 inches by 24 inches.
Signed by the Artists
Created by artists Frank Nissen & Fred Warter

Rhys135

I won this Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones statue on eBay UK last month for only 99 pence!! Why so cheap you ask? Well it was damaged, with the 'Idol holding' arm and a part of the whip not attatched to the piece anymore. Anywhoo, I got some superglue the other day and I've fixed him good. Bargain!

l_707309c4b1ee472ea6e33bc69d8cfe15.jpg

l_df252a858011418fae838ae95330080a.jpg

Rhys135 said:
I won this Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones statue on eBay UK last month for only 99 pence!! Why so cheap you ask? Well it was damaged, with the 'Idol holding' arm and a part of the whip not attatched to the piece anymore. Anywhoo, I got some superglue the other day and I've fixed him good. Bargain!

Well done - a fantastic deal!!

Montana Smith

Picked this VHS set up this morning at a charity shop for 99 pence. It was a 2000 release and the tapes and boxes are in perfect condition.

DSCN3772.jpg

The boxes are numbered as "Chapter 23..." "Chapter 24..." and "Chapter 25 in the Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones", so must have been the last in a series beginning with Young Indy.

Exulted Unicron

That set came with a free tape of Chapter 10 - The Phantom Train of Doom. The so called "Complete" Adventures of Indiana Jones ended up being:

Chapter 6 - Spring Break Adventure
Chapter 8 - Trenches of Hell
Chapter 10 - Phantom Train of Doom
Chapter 11 - Oganga, Giver and Taker of Life
Chapter 12 - Attack of the Hawkmen
Chapter 13 - Adventures in the Secret Service
Chapter 15 - Daredevils of the Desert
Chapter 16 - Tales of Innocence
Chapter 17 - Masks of Evil
Chapter 18 - Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Chapter 20 - Mystery of the Blues
Chapter 22 - Hollywood Follies
Chapter 23 - Temple of Doom
Chapter 24 - Raiders
Chapter 25 - Last Crusade

Nice of em to miss out half of Young Indy. Probably had plans to release the entire of YIJC as well, but couldn;'t be bothered as VHS was about dead by then

XanaduEli

Montana Smith said:
Picked this VHS set up this morning at a charity shop for 99 pence. It was a 2000 release and the tapes and boxes are in perfect condition.

DSCN3772.jpg

The boxes are numbered as "Chapter 23..." "Chapter 24..." and "Chapter 25 in the Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones", so must have been the last in a series beginning with Young Indy.

i have that box set, My father bought it for me about two years ago before he moved away. It was from a pre-owned video shop and it cost about 1 pound fifty.

Montana Smith

Exulted Unicron said:
That set came with a free tape of Chapter 10 - The Phantom Train of Doom. The so called "Complete" Adventures of Indiana Jones ended up being:

Chapter 6 - Spring Break Adventure
Chapter 8 - Trenches of Hell
Chapter 10 - Phantom Train of Doom
Chapter 11 - Oganga, Giver and Taker of Life
Chapter 12 - Attack of the Hawkmen
Chapter 13 - Adventures in the Secret Service
Chapter 15 - Daredevils of the Desert
Chapter 16 - Tales of Innocence
Chapter 17 - Masks of Evil
Chapter 18 - Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Chapter 20 - Mystery of the Blues
Chapter 22 - Hollywood Follies
Chapter 23 - Temple of Doom
Chapter 24 - Raiders
Chapter 25 - Last Crusade

Nice of em to miss out half of Young Indy. Probably had plans to release the entire of YIJC as well, but couldn;'t be bothered as VHS was about dead by then

Thanks for the info, Exalted. It was an odd collection by the looks of it. They didn't even put the movies in the correct order! :hat:

DocWhiskey said:
I picked up a VHS collection of Indy also for just $1. They're in great condition.

XanaduMel said:
i have that box set, My father bought it for me about two years ago before he moved away. It was from a pre-owned video shop and it cost about 1 pound fifty.

It's amazing how cheap these became, considering the original retail prices of VHS movies back in the 1980s. The set I got was originally a Blockbuster pre-used one priced at £2.99 (as it still had the label underneath). Then the charity shop stuck a 99p label on it. Yet throughout their history they look like they've barely been used. I probably won't play them either!

Last edited:

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
Congrats. Just to let you know, these came out in the U.S. & Canada during late 1999. The world-wide release started in 2000.
Montana Smith said:
I hope the cave you were living in was a comfortable one!:p
Exulted Unicorn said:
That set came with a free tape of Chapter 10 - The Phantom Train of Doom.
Really? The U.S./Canadian set came packaged with "Treasure of the Peacock's Eye".
Exulted Unicorn said:
They were marketed this way to see if they'd sell or not. Action stories first...but, yes, it was near the end of VHS.:dead:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Congrats. Just to let you know, these came out in the U.S. & Canada during late 1999. The world-wide release started in 2000.

I hope the cave you were living in was a comfortable one!:p

Osama Bin Laden was a dull cave-companion, and neither of us took much notice of VHS since upgrading to DVD!

Osama says I should look into Bluray, but I'm not sure about all this newfangled technology!

EDIT: my McFarlane Prince of Persia Alamut Gate just arrived. Not specifically Indy, but a really nice looking diorama piece for the Hasbro's figures.