Crystal Skull Japan Premiere

psion

Dont know if this deserve a thread.

But I am going to the Japan Premiere in about 1 hour.

Seems like Paramount Japan had spend ALOT of money, rumor to million to constructing a Aztec Temple Facade over the Yoyogi Stadium, and not just the outside, but inside as well, themed to temple ruins with a replica Crystal Skull, which will be a present for a contest drawing after the premiere.
Damn, I want one..... and there is only one replica here.

Not sure, if they will take my camera or not. And maybe some others will take photos. If I can take some pics of the temple facade, I will post it here afterwards.

I know it has been almost a month after it opened worldwide. Finally Japan is opening. The excitement maybe gone, but I am still pumped (after watching 7 times).

Ford and Lucas, Karen Allen, Frank Marshall, and KKennedy will be showing up.
with some kind of 10 min opening show.

It was suppose to be only SS, Lucas, and Ford. But SS had to attend his daughter graduation, so he bowed out and got the producers to come.

Japan, already broke records, as the advance pre=tickets sold since Jan, this year, sold over 10,000. So, they already made money before the movie even came out. Ticket price is crazy here, like 20 bucks a head. I guess, that money went into the temple facade.

It will have real fires and stuff. I think it is going to be nuts.
Free presents for fans who dress up as Indy (too bad, i left my wear in the States)

off me go~

Goonie

psion said:
Dont know if this deserve a thread.

But I am going to the Japan Premiere in about 1 hour.

Seems like Paramount Japan had spend ALOT of money, rumor to million to constructing a Aztec Temple Facade over the Yoyogi Stadium, and not just the outside, but inside as well, themed to temple ruins with a replica Crystal Skull, which will be a present for a contest drawing after the premiere.
Damn, I want one..... and there is only one replica here.

Wow! They could have just held the premier at DisneySea and everyone in attendance could have gone on the ride afterwards. :hat:

psion

OK guys, I just got back. it is over midnight here, so I cant type up the full report and up the photos.

So small preview.

IT IS BADASSSSSS.

wow, the opening show I said, involved a mini- Indy Stunt show, much like the one in Disney in Florida. I didnt expect that It was soooooo cool.

I have some photos, I took many as I can, snapping away as I was entering the stadium. It was packed, like 20,000 people. Even Ford and Lucas was like in awe.

And of course the photo is prohibited, BUT, of course you know, we still take it. Because I was moving, and sneaking shots. Most of is blurry, sorry about that. But atleast it will give you a sense of this giant premiere.

I will do a full detail report of the event. The opening stunt show to the guests coming up on stage to talk and the movie itself in Japan, and its sucky subtitle. I speak Japanese, and the translation was a little NOT GOOD.

anyways, please wait for the photos and the report. Will post it up weekend time. I snaped atleast 150 pics. I got to sort it out. So wait up!

Very very nice event. ONLY can happen in Japan. Stunt show, Temple facade.
Smoke and explosions. 20,000 people and a loads of Japanese celebrities.
this just tells you how rich Japan is. Seriously, you dont pull this kind of event anywhere else.

I been to Transformers Premiere here. It was big, it had a magic show where Bumblebee transform with the pulling the cover trick. BUT
all of the events I been to. INDY was the biggest one and most expensive.
Not even Potter or Narnia (both crazy popular here) has this level of opening.
I cant imagine what movie would be next that has this kind of level of biggness.
MAYBE THE HOBBIT in 2012.

ok, laterz

psion

ok, before I start.

I am a little embrassed.

Can anyone teach me how to upload the photos here?!?

I just joined a month ago, dont know how it works here.

Teach me and I will up it!

psion

ok I got a little window of time from work.

I will first post the report, then once you guys tell me how to up the pics. I will up it. I sorted out already.

It was cool. The facade set is where the red carpet is at.
The red carpet is only for the celebs. they had a crane camera ste up, suppsely filming the new commercial for the movie here.

Sad part it was raining the whole week here. But actually stopped for the exact time when the stars arrived. And once they got in, it start raining again.

The Yoyogi stadium is huge. They have major concerts here. I have been here a few time. Very rare it is used for a Premiere. Most premieres are held in Roppongi Hills, where is like Arc Light in the states.

Loads of people, 20,000. Is like a mob at WWE event. People rushing to their seats. Luckily I had a assigned VIP seat number. The normal premiere winners, from postcard drawing, sits in the 2 floor of the stadium in the very back. The second lucky ones, sits in the floor standing area, in front of the stage. The VIP and Celebs sits in between on the normal staidum seats, which has the best view.

I rushed in. The temp theater system, is set up like a concert stage. Lights and speakers and all. Problem is that, the stadium is soooo big, even the biggest screen, only looks so small.

The first run the Red Carpet video LIVE on the screen, to watch the stars getting in. People going crazy for Ford, and even more Lucas. Japanese people worship him here. I met him, one time at the King Kong Premiere.
I love him, but he is an ass. I dont blame him. I mean, i ask for a signature, he just wont get it to me, until I bugged him, because I had to go home, then he sign it. Man! I paid so much money to your Indy and Star Wars. You can get a 1 second signature. Anyways, he actually gave signatures out during the red carpet. Coolest thing, they have a famous High school Orchestra playing the Raiders March LIVE.

There was alot of Japanses celebs and singers and artist. Like atleast 5 of then, sitting right next to me. Made me feel uncomfortable watching the movie. Because they are you know! Artists! I try to keep my cool, because it is a VIP seat, I dont want to like burst into a stalker fan or something.

And the show starts.

First the host comes out and opens the show. Like welcome, blah blah.
Then, the theater starts to give out this low bass sound. The the lights dim.
The lighting becomes Indy style, in yellow orange-ish colors.
The host ask, the whole audience to yeah out INDY!!! INDY!!!
then the place goes dark. Like waterworld stunt show. Indy (stunt man) appears on the top of the stadium (cool, but I could tell it is a Asian Indy, but hey, we are in Japan) he SWINGS down thru the whole stadium above the guests. From the back to the front of the stage.
He drops down, and lands in a black box (obviously here is the switch) and seconds later, a Caucasian Indy is BACK!! He runs thru the temple theme stage, which is giving off smoke and stuff. There is classic werid jungle creature sounds everywhere. And the William Score is played with huge blast of sound. The level here is on par with the show in Disney Orlando. (i do show designs for job, I can really tell alot of money was spent)

Indy then, runs around looking for something. Then he see a small altar.
He then, pulls out a Crystal Skull (my mistake previously, it is regular Crystal Skull, and not the Alien one) and place it on the altar. Then, strobe starts to shoot out and lazer beams (like in a concert) shoots out everywhere, with music for the end of Raiders playing. Smoke starts to come out. Then
on the other side of the screen, a huge explosion. Then the ruin walls opens,
with smoke and lights behind. WALKS OUT, Harrision FORD...and the rest of Indy team.

WOWWWWWWWWW What a opener! People scream crazy!

Then, it is on to normal interview. And Frank Marshall spoke first. He was like oh my god, this is not a movie, but a rock concert. (it is) And everyone agree with him. Just over whelmed by the whole thing. Karen Allen, for it was the first time ever in Japan. She just look so shocked and excited, like what is this?!? look on her face. Fans yelling Marion! Marion! the whole time.

Then, onto Kathleen Kennedy, who thanked everyone in attending.
Frank answered the question of, what is the hardest part of the WHOLE movie for him. He said, finding the hat maker after 19 years, because he couldnt find anyone that can make it. Then, Lucas went on. fans goes crazy. reports begged for Indy 5. Please make it, please make it. Lucas was like...ehhhh, I am tired, no ideas now. Maybe, I will think about it.
Then Ford, suddenly got on his knees, like in a marriage proposal to Lucas, PLEASE?!?! begging him for Indy 5. That was funny.

Then, Lucas answers another question, what is the coolest thing in Indy 4. He then say, Harrison Ford, only then, Ford, reach into his pocket and gave him 400 bucks, which Lucas took it and put it into his pocket.

Lucas then, say OK OK, Indy 5, will be Indiana Jones and the Lost old man's glasses. Making jokes and stuff, and then Fords starts to act like a old man, looking on the floor for his glasses. It was really funny, sad part. No Japanese person got the jokes. Because the translation came like after the whole thing.

Ford then, thanks the audiences and apologize for Spielberg not showing up because he has to attend his daugthers graduation.

And then that was it. The movie starts.

Big applause at the Lucasfilm logo and Paramount Logo. big laughs at all the funny points. Especially on the father and son stuff. Japanese ate that up. Because the subtitle were sucky done. The jokes between Indy and Marion didnt translate well. No One got the joke.

Alot of ooohs ahhhs at the bugs and especially the snkae gag. They love it!
They even loved the tarzan!!!! Japanese taste, different yo!
Alot of gasp at the ARK cameo, alot of whispers during the Connery photo cameo.

They ate the gag with the hat ending with Shia. and love it.
HUGE cheers when the credits roll. It is a tradition for Japanese stay for the whole credits and cheer after the lights turns on.
But, I think the event ran a little over time and long. Everyone just rush out of the seats, why? TO THE BATHROOM..... I was holding it like crazy too.
It lasted from entrance to end of the movie, 4 plus hours sitting down.

Anyways, what a experience. I have never experience Indy Premiere in my life. I am sooooo happy I got attend this one. I will never forget. I hope I could have seen SS to be there. But, Frank Marshall? I love him too. Bad ass!!!!! A memory to treasure for life.

funny thing is I snapped away, I got warned like 5 times, telling me to put my camera away or I will get kicked out. Still I snapped away like crazy..

PS. I also wonder why they didnt do any events at DisneySea where the Crytal Skull ride is at. First, Tokyo Disney is not related to Disney. It is run by OLC, who rents Disney License and pay royalties. So, there is no directe relation where Disney or Paramount can be in control, lets say, shut down that part of the park just for a premiere. OLC dont get any Merit for that. Would have been cool with Disney and Lucasfilm. But, I guess it just didnt work out. So too bad. Would have been cool.

pics sooonnnnnn

Avilos

HarrisonFordWeb.com has got some great pictures from the Japan Premiere.

Here is my favorite! LOL!

kotcs_tokyo201.jpg

Sharlow

psion said:
funny thing is I snapped away, I got warned like 5 times, telling me to put my camera away or I will get kicked out. Still I snapped away like crazy..

The Japanese are funny like that. I went to tokyo to see Bon Jovi a couple of years ago, and we were told no camera's in the Dome during the concerts. We not only got heaps of pics, but we got cameras up on stage as well. They'd just keep telling us to put them away, but they never actually did anything about it
LOL.

No insult to any japanese people btw, just commenting on their beauracracy. The japanese are lovely people and I loved my time in Tokyo and would go back again if I had the chance.