Diner Fight

Raiders90

Question
During the Diner fight, I've noticed Indy puts his fedora on one of the Jock types. Why would he do this?

muttjones

Raiders112390 said:
Question
During the Diner fight, I've noticed Indy puts his fedora on one of the Jock types. Why would he do this?

So that the russians think that the jock is indy and so follow him instead.

TheMutt92

Roy_Chiao said:
So that the russians think that the jock is indy and so follow him instead.

Couldn't agree more. And before the question gets asked again: thats not Indy's adventure fedora (the one he takes w/ him everywhere), just his everyday Indy fedora.

Raiders90

TheMutt92 said:
Couldn't agree more. And before the question gets asked again: thats not Indy's adventure fedora (the one he takes w/ him everywhere), just his everyday Indy fedora.

I know, it's his gray travel fedora (like seen in Raiders)

Raiders90

LostArk said:
I hadn't caught this before (in any of the 4 viewings). Nice catch, guys.

Yup, right after Mutt's gotten punched by the girl and falls with the other greasers, Indy quickly places his hat on a jock's head.

Benraianajones

LostArk said:
I hadn't caught this before (in any of the 4 viewings). Nice catch, guys.

Haha exactly the same! With 4 viewings! I never even noticed the supposed photo of Willie in Indys house on the shelf above his fireplace. Is that photo really there?

|ZiR|

Benraianajones said:
Haha exactly the same! With 4 viewings! I never even noticed the supposed photo of Willie in Indys house on the shelf above his fireplace. Is that photo really there?

It's there, but it's not above the fireplace. It's sitting on a bureau which is visible past Indy's shoulder, over to the right, when he's sitting on the couch in the scene at his house where he translates Ox's letter. It's a photo of Willie in that gorgeous red sequined dress she wears in the opening of TOD.

That's the only one I saw. Maybe there IS another one above the fireplace that I didn't catch.

Benraianajones

Interesting they had a photo of Willie, but not Short Round, since they were friends also!

I'll look out for the photo next time I see the movie. Thanks!

Willie in Crystal Skull as a photo..makes you wonder how she'd react if she had met Spalko and knew alien life existed! I bet she'd be all "Oh my God!" like when she is on the rope bridge when Mola Ram tries to get Indy's heart. :p

The Man

Odd that the great, heroic Indiana Jones would set an innocent young man up for a Commie-pounding. Oh, David Koepp, you are a cancer...

The Man

Benraianajones said:
And to think he shot the Cairo swordsman right in the gut, when he probably could have just evaded him.

Why would he? After all, Raiders was competently written...;)

Benraianajones

And why wouldn't he set a slight trap to evade being whisked away by gun weilders? Especially since the boy wouldn't have got a good beating from the commies,since they knew what he looked like. And for the record, I think Raiders was greatly written too.