Don't get clever Boris you don't know him! You don't know him!!!!!!!

Nurhachi1991

anyways in the warhouse scene where Indy is in the jeep going head on with Mac and the two cars crash was Mac in the car because that looked like a nasty crash that looks like it would of killed him. Did he jump out did I miss something?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Presumably, as it's a jeep, death isn't necessarily a given in such a situation. But, I don't know. It gave us a line that I absolutely adore, and so I'm willing to be selfish and not care much.

sandiegojones

How fast do you really think they were going inside the warehouse? I didn't think it was a big deal. I mean, if you can survive an A bomb in a fridge...

muttjones

sandiegojones said:
How fast do you really think they were going inside the warehouse? I didn't think it was a big deal. I mean, if you can survive an A bomb in a fridge...

im sik of everyone bagging the sh!t out of the fridge scene.

I loved it tremendously.

everyone has been saying how it is impossible to survive an A-bomb in a fridge and that it is totally unrealistic and such.

but thats its whole thing.

its meant to not be realistic.
Of course you cant survive a nuclear blast in a fridge but its indiana jones so why does everyone go off at this when all the moments from other indy films are impossible as well.

im just tired of people who dont open their eyes and see through what happens at first glance.

AlivePoet

I can't say I really cared for the line. I understand that it works with the 1950s dialogue from the serials, but the line was somewhat overused in that sequence, and to me it seemed like a pretty cliche line. Loved the sequence, not the line.

How did the fridge door stay closed through the A.) Blast B.) Shockwave C.) Tumble? The door should have been blasted off its hinges (among other things). And that's just the fridge I'm talking about, not the "leftovers" inside. :p

eroc

Attila the Professor said:
Presumably, as it's a jeep, death isn't necessarily a given in such a situation. But, I don't know. It gave us a line that I absolutely adore, and so I'm willing to be selfish and not care much.

It's a great line. So true. And well delivered. You can hear the urgency that turns to absolute terror in Mac's voice.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah that line made my like Mac as a character also when the warriors capture him and he goes JJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNSSSSSEEEEYYYYYY!!!!

muttjones

Agent Spalko said:
How did the fridge door stay closed through the A.) Blast B.) Shockwave C.) Tumble? The door should have been blasted off its hinges (among other things). And that's just the fridge I'm talking about, not the "leftovers" inside. :p

IT DIDNT BECAUSE ITS AN INDIANA JONES FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK?!?!?!?!?

Nurhachi1991

Roy_Chiao said:

Herman there has always been something I wanted to ask you........ When Indy told you to run back and get the Sheriff how the hell did you beat him there? He was on a hoarse and a trian you were just on foot? How did you do it......

muttjones

Nurhachi1991 said:
Herman there has always been something I wanted to ask you........ When Indy told you to run back and get the Sheriff how the hell did you beat him there? He was on a hoarse and a trian you were just on foot? How did you do it......

i did it cos i was in an indiana jones film and GL loves his fat kids

Niteshade007

Roy_Chiao said:

Calm down there, no need to burst a blood vessel over a film someone else made...

Yes, I like the line, and I think it set up he and Indy's past relationship far better than the exchange they had at the beginning of the film. The beginning was too specific, trying to hard to establish a relationship, but this was a better way of doing it. It showed that Mac knew that Jones was wiley, someone not to be messed with. That's not something he and Indy would have discussed, rather something Mac would have observed during his friendship with him.

muttjones

no my face was red then and is now because im angry at all the people who refuse to believe that in a film series that is based on popcorn 1930s serials, that all the things that happen that are physically impossible therefore make the film tasteless and bad.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Nurhachi1991

I do not think that........ KOTCS was a great movie and yes the fridge scene was over the top but who cares it was awsome!!!!! I mean the Truck chase in Raiders was over the top as the mine cart chase in TOD and the Tank chase but like I said who cares there still the 4 best films ever made.

muttjones

Nurhachi1991 said:
I do not think that........ KOTCS was a great movie and yes the fridge scene was over the top but who cares it was awsome!!!!! I mean the Truck chase in Raiders was over the top as the mine cart chase in TOD and the Tank chase but like I said who cares there still the 4 best films ever made.

i didnt mean specifically u. i meant alot of people on this forum think that it was bad compared the other indy films because it was unrealistic.
But climbing under a moving car and coming out find on the other side is impossible as well so u know.....

There's over-the-top and then there is...

Nuke The Fridge.

top.jpg