Don't get clever Boris you don't know him! You don't know him!!!!!!!

Sankara

I guess it's one of the best lines in the movie. (Okay, it's not very difficult in a movie with many louys lines) I really like it! :)

@Roy Chiao
"Skull" is much more OVER THE TOP than "Raiders", "Temple" or "Crusade"

GL talks about the great and believeable Action in the Bourne-Movies...

"... but when you get to the next level, whether it's Tomb Raider or the Die Hard series, where you've got one guy with one pistol up against 50 guys with machine guns, or he jumps in a jet and starts chasing down a freeway, you say, I'm not sure I can really buy this. Mission Impossible's like that. They do things where you could not survive in the real world. In Indiana Jones, we stay just this side of it."

In my opinon: This is true for only Indy 1,2 and 3...

Agent Z

Nurhachi1991 said:
anyways in the warhouse scene where Indy is in the jeep going head on with Mac and the two cars crash was Mac in the car because that looked like a nasty crash that looks like it would of killed him. Did he jump out did I miss something?

The initial impact isn't so bad, but when Indy's vehicle is rear-ended..and then it all pushes forward into Mac's ride...man, I don't see how anyone could survive that. It looks like the whole front cabin is smashed in! :eek:

graz

Agent Spalko said:
How did the fridge door stay closed through the A.) Blast B.) Shockwave C.) Tumble? The door should have been blasted off its hinges (among other things). And that's just the fridge I'm talking about, not the "leftovers" inside. :p

Probably the same way he survived the...oh I can't be bothered! You should enjoy fantasy a bit more Spalko - its nice to escape the tedium of real life occasionally!

Tell you what though, if they ever drop the big one I'm going to be climbing over my family to get in the fridge.... :hat:

The Man

Any tension that scene might have had was nuked:)rolleyes: ) when Spielberg cut to a wide-shot - showing both vehicles positively crawling into each other. Laaaazy...

graz said:
Probably the same way he survived the...oh I can't be bothered! You should enjoy fantasy a bit more Spalko - its nice to escape the tedium of real life occasionally!

Tell you what though, if they ever drop the big one I'm going to be climbing over my family to get in the fridge.... :hat:

The fridge will be your coffin.:dead:

The problem with fantasy is that it becomes so irrationally absurd that imagination gets carried away by such delusions. If Superman can fly circles around the Earth and reverse it's axial rotation and cause time to run backwards like a vinyl record, that means Indy is impervious to extreme atomic temperatures and lethal exposure to radiation because we can "pretend" as much. Sorry but there is only so far you can go with suspension of disbelief before it becomes ridiculously implausible. There needs to be some practical discipline and restraint of the imagination to ground it into a believable and plausible reality. Indy is not Superman nor does he have indestructible super powers. Lucas said Indy was flawed and never could quite live up to what he was supposed to be. He was supposed to be the everyman. We see that in the first film for sure but suddenly he has become this indestructible superhero who can withstand a nuclear blast unharmed. That's a pretty big flaw alright.

Benraianajones

The Man said:
Any tension that scene might have had was nuked:)rolleyes: ) when Spielberg cut to a wide-shot - showing both vehicles positively crawling into each other. Laaaazy...

I hate to drag the originals in to arguments, and TOD is my fave like yours is (I think), but to be fair, tension was somewhat ruined when Indy's distance from the roller kept switching..you knew he was never going in it. I admit, there was more tension to the scene, but the trick part on KOTCS in question, was never intended to be as intense or "on the edge of your seat", like the crusher portion in TOD.

I also read Indy was more of a "everyman" years ago too, and I do agree, the fridge part..easily could have been skipped. As it stands though, I can get over it, it was just a stupid "big bang" to close to opening section of the film. However, if the fridge had done circles in the air, and blasted in to the clouds/atmosphere, I'd be pretty angered.

KOTCS is a cartoon. Indy is like Wile E. Coyote. When the Acme fridge door opens you can hear the "wah wah wah waaaaah" and then the gopher pops up like Road Runner and makes the "Beep! Beep!"

The Man

What really bugs me about the fridge business is that shot of it hurtling over and past the Commie car. Where's all the other debris that should have blown that way? Why is the fridge the only thing? It's balls.

The Man said:
What really bugs me about the fridge business is that shot of it hurtling over and past the Commie car. Where's all the other debris that should have blown that way? Why is the fridge the only thing? It's balls.

I was waiting for the cow from Twister. "We have cow."

OmegaSeamaster

Roy_Chiao said:
im sik of everyone bagging the sh!t out of the fridge scene.

I loved it tremendously.

everyone has been saying how it is impossible to survive an A-bomb in a fridge and that it is totally unrealistic and such.

but thats its whole thing.

its meant to not be realistic.
Of course you cant survive a nuclear blast in a fridge but its indiana jones so why does everyone go off at this when all the moments from other indy films are impossible as well.

im just tired of people who dont open their eyes and see through what happens at first glance.

"Don't get clever Boris, you don't know him! You don't know him!!! He survived a nuclear explosion in a fridgidaire Boris, you hear me?!?!"