Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

Chris

How come when I turn on the emperors tomb it says my graphics card does not support d3d. I have a matrox G450 and it should be able to take it. at the very least does anyone know how to rectify the problem?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
You have to press the "A" and "D" keys, while alltime pressing the "W" key. The game has an automatical controller here, and you have to control it by yourself sometimes.

omega5ooo

I just spent about 65 ? on a GeForce 4 MX 440. Installed the drivers and stuff. Computer recognized the card.

I don't see any improvement though. The game is still not running as smoothly as I thought it would do now.

What can I do? Is there some option in the game to make it run better now that I have a better card? Or... How can I get my money worth and get the crap out of the card?

Please answer.

Patrick

Have you checked the gigabytes? (I'm just kidding) Geez I don't know. Have you checked the other requirements of like the MHz and Pentium? I was planning on buying it but I probably would need to spend about $200 on a new video card Cdn. I tried downloading the demo and it took too long. Then I downloaded it at my Dad's work but they didn't have a burner. Does your video card thingy support the Transoform and lighting system. This probably won't help you but if you can recognize the problem whether it is a new computer and could you post your computer cotents? I'd like to see if you have it higher or about the same. I have a 556 MHz and I don't know what pentium.

Patrick

Does it stop at each frame or just slows down once and a while and locks up for a second. I don't know what I'm doing but it could be the amount of free space in your computer. It's about time someone has given you the real reason...I could be right just check. If you do and everything's fine you can yell at me because you already did or something.

omega5ooo

I have a Pentium 4 with 2.something Ghz, 256 MB RAM, and 17.something Gigabyte on C (hardrive with the game installed on) Maybe not enough RAM? Or maybe just the game? I already put up the framelimit a little bit... But doesn't really seem to make a difference; mostly just in 1st person view... hm....

Indy87

uhhh first of all the MX series isnt good

its like you bought a GeForce 4 but your really getting a low GeForce 3 or a high GeForce 2. Didnt you think why you played less then the Pro series.

Exchange your card.

Dont buy MX.

Get yourself an ATI card.

ATI 9600 to 9800

PS:I have the 9700 PRO and it works like a gem. My card acts runs games like they should run.

[Edited by Indy87 on 07-19-2003 at 07:52 am]

omega5ooo

I don't have the money dude.

Even if I could sell this ****ty card and my old one. I don't think I'd get more than 90 - 100 ? And those things aren't that cheap.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I have a GeForce2 64MB VRAM, and it works just fine. Try adjusting your framerate to the lowest setting and working your way back up until it becomes choppy again.
Also you might want to close any "background" programs that might be running, but aren't needed to run the game.
My system has 512MB RAM, and sometimes when I have either bad video or sound I close all running programs and the program works smoothly.

omega5ooo

It's not that I couldn't really play it cuz of heavy slowdowns and low framerrate. It always worked fine, just in some locations the game was running so awesome smoothly (in locations where there weren't much effects or background objects) - I loved it! And I thought, maybe if I buy a better card it will run the same always - in the fights for example!!

However I will build the old (and better) card back in again and try what you told me (framerate) - btw I never have other programs running while I play usually - except internet (not a browser just the little icon in the right part of the taskbar)

Thank you very much at you all for posting and helping me. I appreciate it.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I have the GeForce 4 Ti4200, and it works pretty well. It only slows down a bit on Von Beck's Revenge -level. I payed about 120 ? for it.

Steve_in_nepal

I'm still at the start - where Indy has trapped the giant croc then has to jump across some cages to a chain, then from that chain to another chain. Unfortunately I have spent hours failing at this! Is there some knack to this, a particular position that Indy must swing from, must the two chains line up from Indy's POV? It is driving me mad! I can handle guys with guns, guys with machetes, crocodiles normal and giant...but this chain jumping is really annoying me!

HELP!