Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

Dyre Straits

Be sure to climb up a bit before trying to leap from one chain to another. How you do this depends on what controls you're using, though.

Steve_in_nepal

Thanks

Thanks

Persistence does indeed pay off. I may be bald now (after tearing out all my hair) but I finally managed to master all that jumping from chain to chain and have now moved on to the game proper. Now I just have to persist with the next tough bit - in the castle (or whatever it is) using the whip at the same time as jumping across a vast drop in the hope of catching that hook and swinging across!

Steve.

Dyre Straits

Yes, running and using the whip took me quite a while to master as well.

If you can remember to run, jump, THEN use the Whip button, it works well.

Yolegoman

Dyre Straits said:
Yes, running and using the whip took me quite a while to master as well.

If you can remember to run, jump, THEN use the Whip button, it works well.

Yah, ya don't hold the fire button UNTIL you are over the endless pit. :)

One reason for them having you practice this is in Von Becks revenge, if you had to stop every whip swing to swing across, Beck would catch up with you in a second. But since you have to jump, you never quit moving. :)

Btw: I hate that level.

Yoleogman

Yanar

the 4 coins locations are shown on the map

It's been awhile since I've played the level (and I don't have access to the game right now.

hmmmmm, there are a few locations I remember:

-one is in the water by the end of the level (in the room where you put the coins)

-2 of them are in the big area where there are bad guys by a fire

*1 is underwater...you have to blow away a wall
*for the other: you must make your way across the tops of all the stone structures (looking like buildings) to a ledge, plant explosives and it will lead you to it

-the other is a little befor in area......there are a bunch of ledges and paths on the water...go across them to find it........

I know, they are vague, but just look on the map to get it

and I think you can find a wallthrough at http://www.theindyexperience.com/

Yolegoman

Oh Crap... I struggled for HOURS to get that one, and the locations were all on the map?!?

Ouch that burns deep... :)

Yolegoman

whipit

yikes! finally got through the gates...now, do yu have to kill all the jellyfish...or is there a way to dodge them?
any help from any1 will be great!(this is for ps2...)

[Edited by whipit on 07-30-2003 at 02:22 pm]

Stefan

In Prague, The Dungeon. I reach somewhere where is one lever, I pulled the lever and a cage fell, remaining only the chain. I can jump, catch and climb the chain, but furthermore is nothing to do. Can't continue. Many thanks for solutions.

Danie

Climb the chain slightly, then turn around until you see a lit up room, swing and jump so that you catch the ledge, pull yourself up and go kill the nazis.
Voila.

Stefan

Danie said:
Climb the chain slightly, then turn around until you see a lit up room, swing and jump so that you catch the ledge, pull yourself up and go kill the nazis.
Voila.

Please tell how to swing being upstairs onto the chain?

nd

I can only tell regarding the pc controls. You have 'W' to move forward and 'S' to move backwards. Once you hang on a chain or rope, these keys let you swing (start with 'S' to swing back, then 'W').

However, as I heard, this does not work if you re-assigned these to the cursor keys, as the cursor keys are used to climb the rope/chain up and down. As this is ambiguous, you should assign the move action to the default keys to avoid problems.

Stefan

nd said:
I can only tell regarding the pc controls. You have 'W' to move forward and 'S' to move backwards. Once you hang on a chain or rope, these keys let you swing (start with 'S' to swing back, then 'W').

However, as I heard, this does not work if you re-assigned these to the cursor keys, as the cursor keys are used to climb the rope/chain up and down. As this is ambiguous, you should assign the move action to the default keys to avoid problems.

I'll try. Thanks.

Stefan

Stefan said:
nd said:

I'll try. Thanks.

Works!

Shazbaz

I'm stuck in the Lab in Prague trying to defeat the monster. I must have tried 50 times.
Are there any special tips anybody can give me, or is it just a matter of keep trying?

00Kevin

Indyfan
on the walls, there are 2 spots of 'acid dispensers' the acid comes in vials

throw them at him

after a while, he goes crazy and a metal stick with that stuff shows up, hit him with it

Shazbaz

Do you only have too throw 2 of the acid dispensers at him.Because when i did this some more appeard,and when i go to get them, i allways end up getting killed.HELP I CANT TAKE NOMORE.

00Kevin

Indyfan
you have to throw several at him.....4 I think

and try to keep an eye on him and dodge him

when he is charging up a fireball, or about to toss a chair at you, be alert, try running around him to dodge things

when he walks away to grab an Item to throw............then grab the acid....make your shots count!

when you hit him with acid he will be stunned for a few seconds...use this time to grab another vial of acid if you can

this quickness is a key to beating this foe