Eyes Wide Shut

Pale Horse

Staff member
I like my women down under, if you know what I mean. Always had a thing for an accented tongue.

Like the time I was at disney and met a....well. Never mind.

Back to the Illuminati Story and Kubrick.

The Man

roundshort said:
Katie of Nicole, NO BRAINER!

Let's not forget Miss Penelope Cruz in between, if you pardon the expression...

penelope_cruz.jpg

*drools*

The Man

Pale Horse said:
I like my women down under, if you know what I mean. Always had a thing for an accented tongue.

Like the time I was at disney and met a....well. Never mind.

Back to the Illuminati Story and Kubrick.

Are you referring to 'The Free'?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Lanning said:
I'm sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Whoops, wrong thread. :p

Am not familiar with 'the free'...especially in the context of a dual quote. I will need more info.

roundshort

The Man said:
Let's not forget Miss Penelope Cruz in between, if you pardon the expression...

penelope_cruz.jpg

*drools*

Trust me I will never forget her. One of the few times I was actually at a loss for words when I met someone.

She was too much woman for Tom. (her younger sister is actually hotter)

The Man

Pale Horse said:
Whoops, wrong thread. :p

Am not familiar with 'the free'...especially in the context of a dual quote. I will need more info.

I won't go into specifics, because I think we're dealing with separate conspiracies, but Frederic Raphael wrote a backstory for the orgy sequence and it's privileged participants ('The Free'), like, say, the Kennedys, that Kubrick found so plausible he believed it had been lifted from classified governments files, either CIA or FBI.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Ah yes. I know know what you mean. And yes, to some extent, I am referring to that, but more so the symbolic nature of so many techniques used in the Proletariat subservient programming, and how society is blinded by the events they see around them all the time. Kubrick mastered that vision so well, with the blurring of the lines between what we see, and what really is. I think the crux of this can be pinpointed on Sydney Pollack?s interaction with Cruise through out the movie.

The Man

Pale Horse said:
Ah yes. I know know what you mean. And yes, to some extent, I am referring to that, but more so the symbolic nature of so many techniques used in the Proletariat subservient programming, and how society is blinded by the events they see around them all the time. Kubrick mastered that vision so well, with the blurring of the lines between what we see, and what really is. I think the crux of this can be pinpointed on Sydney Pollack?s interaction with Cruise through out the movie.

Victor Ziegler and Haywood Floyd have always struck me as distant cousins.

The Man

Pale Horse said:
Maybe symboliclly, but to me, they are two different type of men, as characterized by Kubrick.

To me, they're both affable, cordial, polite, yet there's a limit to such niceties, as Leonard Rossiter learns when pressing Floyd, and Bill when Ziegler gets a tad heated around the pool table. They're also both on hand to eventually explain the situations in which younger men have found themselves in. Ziegler has a less wholesome core to him, of course.

Hell, maybe Delbert Grady is a relation, too...;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
I guess without the autopsy report, we'll never know if it was an acute myocardial infarction, or an inducible arrhythmia.

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
I guess without the autopsy report, we'll never know if it was an acute myocardial infarction, or an inducible arrhythmia.

Well when you like the sausage as much as he did . . .