Favorite Cartoons

fedoraboy

ClintonHammond said:
"how can you not say Toy Story 1 and 2"
Easy... cause The Iron Giant blew them BOTH outa the water by itself

No way,the Toy Story movies are the finest animated movies in decades, if not ever. With The Incredibles probably a not so close second.

"Toy Story movies are the finest animated movies in decades"
Yer allowed to think that.... I think they were fnneah...

I enjoyed Titan AE better than either of the Toy Story movies

Katarn07

I enjoyed Titan AE very much, though remember disliking the soundtrack. I haven't seen Iron Giant, but I believe that's the guy that did The Incredibles so I would like to eventually see it.

How about Japanese cartoons? I've tried very hard to like them, but there are very few that I can honestly say were halfway decent. Most of the time the artwork appalls me, and even when I do find it attractive, the stories/dubbing usually suck. I have yet to see Akira, but the guy that did that also did Steamboy. That's a great movie.

Then there's the guy that did Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. I saw both of those and I enjoyed the artwork in both, but overall I disliked both films. They didn't have enough substance for me.

And finally there's Ghost in the Shell, one of the many animes that inspired the Matrix. The artwork wasn't as good as it should have been and the story/characters were certainly lacking. The concept was good, and there happens to be a TV show which I would hope is better and takes the time to characterize everyone and flesh out the story.

And speaking of adult cartoons, HBO's Spawn was pretty good. I'm not too fond of the artwork, but the stories were good (though some a departure from the comic) and acting were amazing. It's a shame it was canceled after only three seasons. Todd McFarlane is working on another animated Spawn (a movie/potential pilot episode) which I'm eager to see.

"How about Japanese cartoons?"

I very much dug Princess Mononoke... but Spirited Away bored me to tears...

Oh ya... I might be one of the only people in the world who really dug "The Animatrix"

San Holo

What thread about cartoons cannot mention the Simpsons. They have been on forever, and still make me laugh-can't wait for the movie. Growing up, I used to love Speed Racer, Chip & Dale, Scooby, and He-Man(yeah, I said it). In the past few years. the best toons on tv would be the animated Clone Wars, the Batman/Superman hour, and Batman Beyond. Great stuff:D

JK_Antwon

Ohh man this thread has been waiting for me! well as I've stated before I love cartoons! I love almost all kinds! lets list them:
Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I even like the new ones they were playing), GI Joe, Batman the animated series, and all ?spin-offs? by Bruce Timm(JLA, Unlimited, Superman, Batman Beyond) The new batman is cool too. Clone wars, Samurai Jack, Fosters home for imaginary friends(man that?s funny), Avatar, Tom and Jerry (it?s still on Cartoon Network!) veggie tales, I?m sure there?s more?

I even remember likeing pound puppies, care bears, smurfs, hethcliff, Popeye man I can?t remember all the oldies.. oh Goof troop, Darkwing duck, Rescue Rangers, Tale spin, Gargoyles, Looney tunes, Flintstones, yogie bear, the Jetsons, Jonny Quest, swat cats? man I could go on forever!

Ohh I forgot movies? I loved Titan AE (some of my teachers in college worked on it too!) but the favs are Batman the mask of the Phantasm, the Incredibles, Treasure planet, Aladdin, Robin hood, Tarzan, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Ohh and Finding Nemo, Monster Inc., and Over the Hedge were all pretty funny too..

Now as far as anime (Japanese cartoons) I?ve seen a bunch, but really only enjoy Robotech.
I?m a pretty big batman, and pixar fan!

Doc Savage

Batman the Animated Series is awesome...I've wanted to check out The Batman but haven't had the opportunity. I hear they monkey around with the characters too much (not that B:TAS didn't); I'm a purist in such matters.

Chris Jones

As a kid i enjoyed all the Bruce Timm series'. Batman AS, Superman, Justice League, JL Unlimited. I also enjoyed Drangonball Z. There are many others too.

- Replying to the post above. The Batman sucks compared to what Bruce Timm did. Not worth watching imo.

Benudo

Late 80's, early 90's.

Gummi Bears
Smurfs
TMNT
Bugs Bunney & Tweety Show
Garfield & Friends
Ghostbusters
Winnie the Pooh
Popeye

Dr.Sartorius

I used to watch:

Batman : TAS
Superman: TAS
Spiderman (90s animated series)
X-Men (90s animated series)
Animaniacs
Tiny Toon Adventures
Loony Tunes

Gustav

Doc Savage said:
**immediately followed by the sound of a thousand Webley's being cocked and thousand whips being drawn** Absolutely not.

Uh, right on. Just making sure. Stupid Pokemon.