FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

roundshort

westford said:
Oh, it was an abstract... Now I get it... ;)

I think ToJ might have been talking about this:

Yes, obviously a glorified game of rounders (sorry, baseball) or wimp's rugby (sorry, American 'Football') represents the meaning of life... :p

Ah the ignorace of youth . . .if you want to play a real sport try Lacrosse, Aussie Rules Football is a close second. Sorry Rugy is a little too nice to EVER be compared to real FOOTBALL, STEELER Style! Hell our QB just smaked into a car, head first and will be playing FB in the fall, thats a real tough guy!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
roundshort said:
Ah the ignorace of youth . . .if you want to play a real sport try Lacrosse, Aussie Rules Football is a close second. Sorry Rugy is a little too nice to EVER be compared to real FOOTBALL, STEELER Style! Hell our QB just smaked into a car, head first and will be playing FB in the fall, thats a real tough guy!

Aussie Rules rules over all, dude! They do over a hour with four 10 min breaks, and wear less than than NFL wear. And are tougher... and yeah, more enticing to the female eye. :p

VP said:
What's wrong with vanilla? :p

Nothing. I was just showing off for Doctor Jones'89. :p

The world cup rocks so far. The athmosphere in my country is just awesome. Like a big giant party!

Btw, who's gonna comfort me when we lose against Argentina this friday? *is scared* :eek:

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
It won't be that easy, we're in pretty good shape according to what happend yesterday. This will be Brazil's revenge for France 98 (3-0).

roundshort

Violet Indy said:
Aussie Rules rules over all, dude! They do over a hour with four 10 min breaks, and wear less than than NFL wear. And are tougher... and yeah, more enticing to the female eye. :p

Nothing. I was just showing off for Doctor Jones'89. :p

LaCrosse, the fast sport played on two feet and damn near everything is legal, and you get to hit people with a 6-foot stick!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
The closest thing I've ever seen to LaCrosse was on the first American Pie movie. I've never been to or seen a real life La Crosse game. Is it true that American television has a broadcast of the AFL at 4am in the morning?

roundshort

Violet Indy said:
The closest thing I've ever seen to LaCrosse was on the first American Pie movie. I've never been to or seen a real life La Crosse game. Is it true that American television has a broadcast of the AFL at 4am in the morning?

How knows, but if you get a chance watch soem lacrosse, and if you really want to see a otugh game go to a Duke Lacrosse team party!

Joe Brody

Gotta give props to the French. Brazil rocks. There's a rowdy Brazilian community in New York and my employer is building up down there big time, so I was leaning towards them or the English or the Italians. Now I've got to find a way to root for the French.

westford

Brazil were rubbish this year - Ronaldo has got fat and slow, and Ronaldinho did nothing. France were by far the better team in that match and deserved to go through to the semis.

Unlike Portugal... I thought I was watching their Olympic swimming team with all the diving going on. England played very well with 10 men, but the result goes to show that Sven was a rubbish manager by not taking another established striker. Also, don't be surprised if Cristiano Ronaldo is not at Manchester United next season (or anywhere else in the English Premiership)!

I predict Germany vs France in the final, and reckon France have got a decent chance of scoring a couple past a dodgy German defence. (Although from my predictions so far, that probably means Germany will win 6-0! ;) )

ElodieJones

I hope France will lose
But more of all, I hope that Italy will win...
CopiedeItalia.jpg