General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Lon

Of course the fourth one was in the script stages for almost 20 years. These vague announcements don't mean anything until the script writing officially starts and is accepted by all parties.

tnswman

Lon said:
Of course the fourth one was in the script stages for almost 20 years. These vague announcements don't mean anything until the script writing officially starts and is accepted by all parties.

The current story was already being written from ideas that came out of the KOTCS production.

The insiders say the story has been there all along. That's why we will NOT be waiting long at all ( compared to the past )

The Man

fixer79 said:
I could really see Rachel as the daughter of Indiana and Willie.

Perhaps it could be a son...

carrot_top_3.jpg

"I burned my fingers and I cracked a nail!"

bennihana123

Well, ever since George had the idea for Crystal Skulls and Aliens, he had what, three different people write drafts? I think that was definitely a factor in the 20 year delay.

HJJNR

Perhilion said:
Am I the only one who didn't think Harrison looked or moved old at all in KotCS?

I agree... to an extent. I think the main reason we would assume Harrison looking too old is simple. Lets face it, we are used to seeing Indy with brown hair, facial hair and quite tanned... In KOTCS he was none of those things HOWEVER his actual face didn't look too different from LC which is why I keep mentioning THAT>> Premium Format. SideShow collectable KOTCS figure of Indy advertised here>> It really Pi..gets me angry each time I see it.

Lets now look at the way he moved and I have to say I bet even today Harrison could outrun most teenagers and I am sure he could bench press more than lots of us here. I am 33 (just turned 33 on 16th) and i struggle to keep in shape compared to how easy it was ten years ago so I tip my hat to the man. Check out his physique when he is getting scrubbed down in KOTCS... that was a 65 year old. The critics will always look for faults and bad points; I say let them get on with it but take a close look at themselves before they.

Take Harrison Fords filmography, from Starwars to Patriot Games and of course Indy and Blade Runner (long list) and we see a very physical action hero who STILL does a lot of his own stunts obviously he cant do all the stuff he did in Raiders but how many 65 year old men do you know who can run over a bunch of crates, run down steep staircase, fight strenuous choreographed fight scenes and still pull the crooked grin we all love.

Harrison Ford is and always will be a screen legend and we should stop knocking the movies and thank the man for bringing our beloved Indy back again and again...

Thank you Harrison! :whip:

deckard24

HJJNR said:
I agree... to an extent. I think the main reason we would assume Harrison looking too old is simple. Lets face it, we are used to seeing Indy with brown hair, facial hair and quite tanned... In KOTCS he was none of those things HOWEVER his actual face didn't look too different from LC which is why I keep mentioning THAT>> Premium Format. SideShow collectable KOTCS figure of Indy advertised here>> It really Pi..gets me angry each time I see it.

Lets now look at the way he moved and I have to say I bet even today Harrison could outrun most teenagers and I am sure he could bench press more than lots of us here. I am 33 (just turned 33 on 16th) and i struggle to keep in shape compared to how easy it was ten years ago so I tip my hat to the man. Check out his physique when he is getting scrubbed down in KOTCS... that was a 65 year old. The critics will always look for faults and bad points; I say let them get on with it but take a close look at themselves before they.

Take Harrison Fords filmography, from Starwars to Patriot Games and of course Indy and Blade Runner (long list) and we see a very physical action hero who STILL does a lot of his own stunts obviously he cant do all the stuff he did in Raiders but how many 65 year old men do you know who can run over a bunch of crates, run down steep staircase, fight strenuous choreographed fight scenes and still pull the crooked grin we all love.

Harrison Ford is and always will be a screen legend and we should stop knocking the movies and thank the man for bringing our beloved Indy back again and again...

Thank you Harrison! :whip:

I'm with you completely on how impressive Ford was physically for Skull, and in general as a near 67 year old man, but that shouldn't excuse the fact that he's made a bunch of crappy movies in the last decade, and in my opinion Skull was one of them. Sabrina, Random Hearts, K-19, Hollywood Homicide, Firewall, need I say more.

HJJNR

deckard24 said:
I'm with you completely on how impressive Ford was physically for Skull, and in general as a near 67 year old man, but that shouldn't excuse the fact that he's made a bunch of crappy movies in the last decade, and in my opinion Skull was one of them. Sabrina, Random Hearts, K-19, Hollywood Homicide, Firewall, need I say more.

Oh hey I agree. i was simply defending a 66 year old man who can still thrill audiences. KOTCS wasn't BRILLIANT I admit but Harrison can still cut the mustard with the best of em. There are very few people like him still doing what they do best... Ford and Stallone. OK Stallone has pretty much bombed lately BUT he is still in AMAZING shape (for 63) and making movies now thats old school baby lol.
stallone-shoulder-tattoos.jpg

And your right there have been a few BAD movies from Harrison but hey, he's done many great films to counter the bad ones. Count them!

deckard24

HJJNR said:
Oh hey I agree. i was simply defending a 66 year old man who can still thrill audiences. KOTCS wasn't BRILLIANT I admit but Harrison can still cut the mustard with the best of em. There are very few people like him still doing what they do best... Ford and Stallone. OK Stallone has pretty much bombed lately BUT he is still in AMAZING shape (for 63) and making movies now thats old school baby lol.
stallone-shoulder-tattoos.jpg

And your right there have been a few BAD movies from Harrison but hey, he's done many great films to counter the bad ones. Count them!
Jesus, Stallone almost looks better now then in his Rambo days! That's nuts!

Look man I'm with you, Ford physically would put most 30 year old guys to shame, but what disappoints me most is that he's phoned it in for the last few years, when he's capable of so much more.

sandiegojones

deckard24 said:
Look man I'm with you, Ford physically would put most 30 year old guys to shame, but what disappoints me most is that he's phoned it in for the last few years, when he's capable of so much more.
He needs roles that suit his age. He's too old for some of the characters he's played in his latest films (other than Indy which used his age for plot). He should give Eastwood a call to for a role since Clint is capable of working with elderly actors and making them cool.

deckard24

sandiegojones said:
He needs roles that suit his age. He's too old for some of the characters he's played in his latest films (other than Indy which used his age for plot). He should give Eastwood a call to for a role since Clint is capable of working with elderly actors and making them cool.
Exactly, and guys like Eastwood, the Coen Bros., or Michael Mann could even possibly get him that long elusive Oscar.

fixer79

The Man said:
Perhaps it could be a son...

carrot_top_3.jpg

"I burned my fingers and I cracked a nail!"

:eek:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA -gasp- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA -gasp- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

arkfinder

I feel good knowing Spielberg is helping with the script. He helped with "Last Crusade" and that's my favorite Indy film so far.

Now then do they go for another Bible relic or something eles?

Hanselation

Indy the Ex-Spy!

Somewhere I've read, the story of the last movie (KOTCS) was so constructed, that it has been a preparation for the story of the nextone.
Maybe it is only related to the "Indy now has a son"-plot, but also it maybe that Indy will be caught up by his past career as a spy in WWII? :cool:

HJJNR

arkfinder said:
I feel good knowing Spielberg is helping with the script. He helped with "Last Crusade" and that's my favorite Indy film so far.

Now then do they go for another Bible relic or something eles?

I also loved Crusade, I wish there had been more Ford Connery movies perhaps during early 90's. I loved the banter between them. OH PLEASE let the script have Indy chasing a REAL religious artefact (yes I know cyrstal skulls exist but not like that one, lol).
I just need to see Indy go back to original ingredients for 5. We could see a few flashback sequences where Indy is younger in WW2 with Mac (just like in berlin). They can do what they did in Xmen3 with the young Magneto and Xavier to make it convincing. Steven Spielberg has always been one of my fave movie makers so give him total control and we will have the Indy movie we all love.
If they screw this one up, the younger generation will have to be content with Nic Cage and his National Treasure which is a shame as my son is crazy about Indy and he has been for a couple of years... he 6 lol. I have painted his room Indy theme, he has pictures everywhere, toys games you name it. Let my son have his onscreen hero wow him again.

HJJNR

deckard24 said:
Jesus, Stallone almost looks better now then in his Rambo days! That's nuts!

I hear ya friend. I think he just needs the right movie as his vehicle. Like Heat was perfect for Pacino/Deniro and I think Ford should have been given an oscar for Regarding Henry. The 80's had a lot of Ford vehicles because he was The man then and he could pick and choose the scripts as he felt like it. The 90's brought a different film genre and we looked towards tom cruise, mel gibson and tommy lee jones. Ford would then have noticed the scripts reducing and going to other artists so he would need to take some bad roles... we all gotta pay the bills. I might be alone here but I really enjoyed Hollywood Homicide... KOTCS could have been much better and I might be unpopular here but the plastic acting in the opening sequence ( Sinking your teeth into those wubbleyous I would say..east ukraine) makes me cringe. But I enjoyed the movie as a whole.

EddyW

I've never seen X3, but was the effect really convincing? Would it work for a full movie? I wouldn't mind such effects as long as they don't distract too much, otherwise I think Crystal Skull Indy was still more than convincing. Nice work anyway.