Has Uncle George Butchered Your Childhood?

Has Uncle George Ruined you childhood?

• Yes - Lets Lynch him!

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • No - It's Just a Story Kid.

Votes: 104 86.7%

• Total voters

Peacock's-Eye

Wittmann said:
I wouldnt lynch him but punch him in the face for Indy 4 and Phantom Menace.
Sure. Would that be before you embarrassed yourself with drooling worshipful compliments and were pushed back by Lucas's bodyguards, or after?

Flash Dixson

No, I not at all.
I like all six star wars films, and I like all 4 Indians Jones films, but that aside, even If I thought they were terribel It would not affect the way I fell about the others, I like movies for how good they are, and how entertaining and there is nothing out side of that specific film that could change that. Thats how I feel about all the indy and star wars movies, and I feel lucky that I have been given 10 wonderful films that I enjoy very very much.

Flash Dixson

The Man said:
Who first used the immortal "George Lucas raped my childhood!!!" line? What a putz.
Probably the same guy who started the term "Lucas drone". I realy find it hillarious that no one around here can be a fan of the mans work, with being called a "Lucas drone" or a Lucas worshipper. Isn't posiible to just be a fan of him? I guess not.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Not remotely, no. I've got some issues with the film, but legacy-damaging? No.

And I'm not a Star Wars guy, and haven't even seen the prequels, so...

The_Raiders

Woah, all the Lucas haters just chill for a second, ok? Look, if you think about it, Lucas did nothing to you. Star Wars and Indiana Jones is not yours, he came up with both, and he made them and may continue making them the way HE wants them to be made, they are HIS movies and he has a right to use CGI or whatever else he wants, but you don't have to tear the guy to shreads and say "he raped my childhood" just becasue he's making something HE invisioned, not you or me. I have a respect for Mr.Lucas and am greatful he came up with these movies or we wouldn't have them in the first place. Look at attila, I respect what he said becasue he didn't rip apart Lucas or the prequals, unlike some people who do. So Mr.Lucas :hat:

Insomniac

NO!!! It was our parents choice to let us watch these masterpieces and they knew the consequences that they would have to drive us to the premier of every following Lucas/Spilberg film it's not like it's turned us into something where not it has rounded us, educated us and stretched are imaginations us and the lucky few who socialize about these movie and life on the raven are truly blessed. :eek: I'm glad I got that out.

eroc

Dust McAlan said:
That said, E.T., Gremlins, and Temple of Doom raped my childhood, but Temple gave me a bit of Stockholm Syndrome and I came back for more. Temple took my virginity and made me a man. :whip:

You are one twisted Mo' Fo.
Am I reading it correct that Temple kidnapped you, made you sympathize with "it", then stole your virginity which made you a man? Wow, that's heavy, twisted, but heavy.

BTW, I loved Gremlins!

Meh. It's easier and less stressful to just pretend it doesn't exist. Ruin my childhood? Nah. It's just a ****ty summer movie, not an Indiana Jones film at all. In the end, no broken bones.

Dust McAlan

eroc said:
You are one twisted Mo' Fo.
Am I reading it correct that Temple kidnapped you, made you sympathize with "it", then stole your virginity which made you a man? Wow, that's heavy, twisted, but heavy.
Yeah. Yeah, that's pretty much it. (y)

graz

Nurhachi1991 said:
Your really having fun with the whole nuke the fridge thing eh Spalko?

Its turning into an obsession, I'm quite worried about him. You gotta move on from the Nuke Spalko - try *****ing about the monkeys or the waterfalls or something for a bit. You can always go back to the nuke later! (y)

LOL! I didn't realise that was a forbidden word! Substitute a name for a female dog for the asterisks!