Hasbro mail away mystery figure revealed

IrishJedi

They haven't even cased any of my checks yet. :mad:

However, I know they're coming soon because a friend of mine got a comp (i.e. free) ARK from Hasbro 2-3 weeks ago. (BTW, it's quite awesome. Can't wait to get mine! (y) )

fixer79

You get the free Ark by collecting the stickers found on the large Indiana Jones dolls.

Six or four, I'm not sure...

BlackSleep

fixer79 said:
You get the free Ark by collecting the stickers found on the large Indiana Jones dolls.

Six or four, I'm not sure...

Sounded like you were talking a FREE ark...this one costs you stickers, which equal money spent on other figures. Not totally free I guess. I thought there was another deal going on I didn't know about. But thanks for answering the question.

fixer79

BlackSleep said:
Sounded like you were talking a FREE ark...this one costs you stickers, which equal money spent on other figures. Not totally free I guess. I thought there was another deal going on I didn't know about. But thanks for answering the question.

Oh, I see ;)
Well, nothin's for free, right?

DetectiveFork

IrishJedi said:
They haven't even cased any of my checks yet. :mad:

However, I know they're coming soon because a friend of mine got a comp (i.e. free) ARK from Hasbro 2-3 weeks ago. (BTW, it's quite awesome. Can't wait to get mine! (y) )

Just to point out, his friend got a complimentary Ark, seemingly not by sending in any stickers. I was wondering what connection the friend has with Hasbro.

fixer79

DetectiveFork said:
Just to point out, his friend got a complimentary Ark, seemingly not by sending in any stickers. I was wondering what connection the friend has with Hasbro.

ooh, that way... I see...

Well, it could be just an error. I remember receiving two seperate ThunderCats Berbils by mail back in the day when I only sent points for one.
Maybe his friend just got lucky :)

"Bellosh"

Has anyone gotten the skeleton/throne yet? If not I bet they're coming soon, too...by the end of the month if not sooner...it took forever but I think my check was finally cashed by Mr. Hasbro!

BTW, not to further burst the bubble of the Ark receipient but doesn't hasbro ask for a check for something like $5.99 as well as the 4 stickers from 12" figures???

Just clarifying for all :)

Bellosh said:
Has anyone gotten the skeleton/throne yet? If not I bet they're coming soon, too...by the end of the month if not sooner...it took forever but I think my check was finally cashed by Mr. Hasbro!

BTW, not to further burst the bubble of the Ark receipient but doesn't hasbro ask for a check for something like $5.99 as well as the 4 stickers from 12" figures???

Just clarifying for all :)

my records show that they cashed my check some time ago...but i bet they'll hold true to the 10-12 weeks to delivery

vf wing

Technically they're being promoted as mail-away figures, as opposed to free figures. Arks included!

I'd like to get 13 of them ideally, but 78 single-carded figures is a whopping amount! Hopefully the promotion will last through enough waves of figures that i get to that goal. But realistically i'll probably be settling for a lower number. It looks to be a great figure, but not worth breaking the bank for!

Nurhachi1991

vf wing said:
Technically they're being promoted as mail-away figures, as opposed to free figures. Arks included!

I'd like to get 13 of them ideally, but 78 single-carded figures is a whopping amount! Hopefully the promotion will last through enough waves of figures that i get to that goal. But realistically i'll probably be settling for a lower number. It looks to be a great figure, but not worth breaking the bank for!

just buy stickers off of ebay....

I got an Ark sticker for 5 bucks

vf wing

Nurhachi1991 said:
just buy stickers off of ebay....

I got an Ark sticker for 5 bucks

That's a great idea! However there's only one showing up in my search for IJ mail-in, and it's BIN for 24.99 :(

Just did another for "relic stickers" and found six stickers going for much cheaper! Too bad i avoid the 'bay like the plague ;) The whole auction experience just leaves me cold. Can't stand waiting around to see if i won an item or not. And then if you lose you have to do it all over again if you still want it!

Despite the iconic status of the Ark, i can't see too many people needing more than one of them. But the skeleton, well there were 13 in the movie, so i'm guessing lots more demand for them. Even if i don't end up with that number, i'm sure multiples are on my horizon!