Hasbro Playset - The Lost Temple of Akator

ChromiumBlue37

Anyone who has seen the trailer knows what the KOTCS playset will be all about - quicksand and moving obelisks! Hopefully Toy Fair will have a sample on display.

From the Hasbro Indiana Jones Press Release -

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾? THE LOST TEMPLE OF AKATOR PLAYSET
(Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2008)

This fantastic 3 ¾? scale playset allows kids to reenact what is sure to be one of Indy?s most fantastic adventures, as seen in the upcoming Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. As he enters the dangerous Lost Temple, Indy finds himself confronted with the most devious series of traps and puzzles he has ever encountered. Kids help Indy navigate boulders blasts and quicksand traps! Solve the obelisk puzzle to reveal the entrance to this mysterious kingdom! The playset includes INDIANA JONES and UGHA WARRIOR figures.

Billy Ray

Awesome news! I wonder if this is the $39.99 playset mentioned in the yesterday's press release over at Cominsoon...or are we getting TWO playsets?

ChromiumBlue37

We may know as early as tomorrow night!

It's so interesting that Hasbro will do a playset now for this line and then continue to vow against making them for the Star Wars lines. We should be grateful for the one we know we are getting, I suppose. It would be mind blowing to see a new Well of Souls, Temple of Kali Ma and Grail Shrine with the 3 trials. One from each would be good enough for me.

inky_skin

The playset I saw at the UK Toy Fair looked to be a re-hash of the Mustafar playset from the Star Wars line. Instead it was moulded in a dark brown / tan colour, the 'boulder' was larger to reflect the Raiders opening scene, and it included exclusive Indy (jacket) and Narzca warrior figures. No doubt we'll see it this weekend - so I've got nothing to loose by telling you about it now...

Maybe.Not Today

A rehash of the mustafar playset is fairly dissapointing.

The mustafar set was pretty bland to begin with.

I really hope we get some creative playsets from the first three films. I understand Hasbros aversion towards playsets, but I honestly dont think reusing the mold from a boring playset will make anyone happy.:confused:

Billy Ray

inky_skin said:
The playset I saw at the UK Toy Fair looked to be a re-hash of the Mustafar playset from the Star Wars line. Instead it was moulded in a dark brown / tan colour, the 'boulder' was larger to reflect the Raiders opening scene, and it included exclusive Indy (jacket) and Narzca warrior figures. No doubt we'll see it this weekend - so I've got nothing to loose by telling you about it now...

Wow, I don't see how they can pass THIS off as the temple seen in the trailer, no matter what color it is :confused:

ChromiumBlue37

I agree!

The only thing I can really see the is mountainous base becoming the Fertility Idol Temple from Raiders. Entrance could be modified to look brushy, the inner hallway maybe have a spike trap added. The Boulder Chase could be excecuted with the "volcanic top", maybe carve a slop into the side for the boulder to roll down. Of course not sure where the blow dart passage and Altar would be incorporated.

metalinvader

inky_skin said:

HasbrologoRepaint.jpg

Didn't Hasbro do the same thing with their Episode 2 playset with the GI Joe Line? If I can remember correctly the GI Joe playset still had Battle Droid parts on the base of the playset.

MaxPhactor23

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Well, we really don't know anything yet. I will wait to pass judgement until I see the pictures from Toy Fair.

I guess that's wise. But I can't help but dislike where this seems to be going. It's very unfortunate. A modern Indiana Jones toyline has been on my wish list for years. Playsets fit this line perfectly. Hasbro says they dislike doing playsets because they tend to sell poorly?but I can?t see Indy sets clogging the shelves. To truly display Indiana?s archeological side?you need play scenes. I?ll be very saddened if we don?t get classics like the Well of Souls and the Temple of Doom.

Billy Ray

Yeah, I'll wait for Toyfair to pass final judgement, but this really smacks of something Hasbro would pull. They did rehash the Geonosian Arena playset from AOTC in the GI-Joe line...they are masters of the rehash, heck, they are still recycling old Kenner molds from back in the day! Of course, Kenner themselve rehashed the Ewok Village in their Robin Hood line:rolleyes:

KOTCS

Even if the playset does suck, at least we're getting a buttload of figures. Many of which (if the rumors are true) I would have never have expected to see in toy form.

tnswman

OH MY GOD!! This was EXACTLY What I asked for HASBRO THANK YOU!!

46103.jpg

It is a GREAT use of Mustafar Plus... I told Everyone My Adventure Hero figure was from Indy 4 LOL!

ChromiumBlue37

Well, kids, it IS a rehash, but a darned good one. I love it! Look how other smaller playset components can be added to create one large scene!!

Playsets are back!!

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Well, kids, it IS a rehash, but a darned good one. I love it! Look how other smaller playset components can be added to create one large scene!!

Playsets are back!!

AMEN Brother!! this is what we needed to show Hasbro there is interest in the line.. If this sells good.. The sky is the limit!!

ChromiumBlue37

We always believed you, TNSWMAN!!!

Isn't this fantastic? I am extremely excited. Count me in to purchase 2 of these playsets!!

Last edited:

Maybe.Not Today

For a rehash, they did a great job. Lets just hope that the sand pit doesn't still have half of anakin sticking out. haha.

I wish I didn't already own mustafar since these sets will be so similar. But I'll have to buy one. My main concern is that they go on to make original playsets from the first three films..everyone buy this set so they make more!