HTS has TOD Figs NOW!!!

Lance Quazar

vf wing said:
Or how about a preorder option??!

I count a full 6 minutes between Arab Swordsman's post about them being back up and monkey man's saying they were "sold out" again.

For me, it's just about having extras, so I'm not too dismayed. But it must be terribly frustrating for folks still without a set! :mad:

Me too. I REALLY want to army build Temple Guards and maybe have a few extras for customs (Willie and Mola Ram sans rigid plastic skirt), but I'm delighted to have the figures already and dismayed for my frustrated fellow collectors.

monkey man

Hasbro had their heads up their a$$e$ when they started this line.
They underestimated the selling power of the first 3 films. They made way too many Crystal Skull figures.
It's been tough finding the LC figures. Not to mention the TOD figures.
It's been said a million times on these threads. Hasbro should have started putting out figures from the first 3 films before KOTCS premiered. They would have gotten a better idea of the demand.
It's tough to get TOD figures on HTS but I'll keep trying. My cart was emptying as I was trying to check out. Son of a B. You have to be quick.

The hunt goes on. The TOD figures can't elude me forever. Ahhh, the thrill and frustration of the hunt.

bgiles73

I just wonder if Hasbro is making a note of just how fast these damn things are selling out. It p!@#$% me off that I probably won't be able to find Elsa, Vogel and the Grail Knight at retail and now in all likelyhood I won't be able to find any at all of the TOD wave! The wave I was wanting to get most of all! I hate Hasbro! I wish they would never have absorbed Kenner and Galoob. Monopolistic B!@#$%^ds!:mad:

Arab Swordsman

I think they went on sale both times between 3 and 4 in the afternoon too so that might be the time they update the site.

DrJones35

bgiles73 said:
I just wonder if Hasbro is making a note of just how fast these damn things are selling out. It p!@#$% me off that I probably won't be able to find Elsa, Vogel and the Grail Knight at retail and now in all likelyhood I won't be able to find any at all of the TOD wave! The wave I was wanting to get most of all! I hate Hasbro! I wish they would never have absorbed Kenner and Galoob. Monopolistic B!@#$%^ds!:mad:

hey i bought the grail knight from hts today, he's should still be there

vf wing

Arab Swordsman said:
I think they went on sale both times between 3 and 4 in the afternoon too so that might be the time they update the site.

Yeah, but you'd apparently have to do your purchase with a few minutes of them going live.

I strongly suspect Hasbro manipulates the market with this. It keeps people talking about their attempts to acquire the figures and generates its own hype. I'm not even calling them out for being evil or anything. At the end of the day, you gotta do what works. This particular tactic is pretty much ensuring that hts is the first site i hit whenever I log on.

Way of the dodo

I had ALL of them IN my shopping cart and it took SO EFFING LONG to order they were all gone by the time I finished entering my life story just to buy them!

Dirk Pitt

Same thing happened to me (again) with the cart fiasco.

I wonder if HTS employees are putting them online just to turn around and buy them for themselves? Or maybe it's only 1 or 2 boxes at a time? Seriously, they were online for maybe 3 minutes (I saw them the moment they showed up) and it did not give me enough time to go through Paypal checkout.

Something's fishy.

zero TOD figures in the Seattle area. I guess it's because nobody wants them? Yeah, that's it. What about all the other hasblow toy lines that just sit on shelves? Why aren't those lines cancelled? Ok take a deep breath. Ahhh that feels better. Now where's my MOLA?????? FIX IT!!!

Kevin

Way of the dodo said:
I had ALL of them IN my shopping cart and it took SO EFFING LONG to order they were all gone by the time I finished entering my life story just to buy them!

I find that if you have an account at HTS, with your credit card info and address saved, you will save considerable time at check-out.

iLUVINDY

HTS Sucks, i ordered my complete LC wave there but it took MONTHS to get!!!! So people who are ordering TOD figs expect them by like CHRISTMAS (n)

thelaw

I've usually gotten mine within two weeks of ordering, but sometimes it's a little confusing. On HTS, the page looks no different when you're preordering then when it's in stock. The fine print shows when it will start shipping. I've ordered many an item thinking it's in stock only to realize later that it won't begin shipping for another three weeks.

I was extremely lucky enough to get the ToD figs on HTS the last time they were up. Should be seeing them next week or the week after. CAN"T WAIT!!!!

Last edited:

KMcCallister

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the TOD figures have slowly been disappearing from HTS completely today. As of 5 minutes ago, Mola Ram is the only figure up there (though he still says "Out of Stock"). Wonder if this means anything...

...On another note, man, that HTS cart system is tough. I was able to get Indy, Willie, and Short Round yesterday, but the Chief Temple Guard and Mola Ram vanished from my cart mid-checkout.

However, seeing that they're being removed from the HTS site completely, I'm glad to have gotten what I did.