HTS has TOD Figs NOW!!!

Dirk Pitt

thelaw said:
Yep. Not just them, but any IJ stuff that was out of stock seems to be gone, except Mola Ram.

Obviously, it's because nobody wants them. Since the TOD figs haven't been moving at all, HTS decided to finally just take them down off the site.

No sarcasm here. ;)

thelaw

Just called HTS customer service about the issue. They couldn't answer any questions. The usual "keep checking" response. So far, though, it only seems to be affecting Indy products so...I pray we haven't seen the last of this amazing wave. I had so many plans...:(

Arab Swordsman

They did this before with the Last Crusade figures and then they were put back up and made available again. I wouldn't worry too much about them taking them down.

thelaw

I worry only because EVERYTHING Indy that's sold out has been removed from the site (except Mola Ram, of course).

monkey man

I just called HTS and they told me that the TOD figures removed from the website are gone. He said they probably won't get more. He said that I should check my local stores now.
AARRRGGHHHH!!!! This is horrible news.
Hasbro has got to be kidding me. At this point in my my posting I just want to add a string of swear words but there isn't enough space for me to add as many as I'd like.
I guess I'm stuck with the secondary market. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
I'll try my local flea market before I use Greedbay. I hate Greedbay.
Now I'm just going to repeat over and over. Relax, they're just toys. I'll live. Relax, they're just toys. I'll live. Relax, they're just toys. I'll live.
I wish I could convince myself of this but I'm goofy collector and it'll take time to forget Hasbros shortsighted sales team.

inuvuwow

Thanks, Hasbro... you gave us just enough to get us hooked and then BAM!!!!! Nothing.

"That's usually when the ground falls out from underneath your feet."

monkey man

I guess I'll have to live with the ones I've gotten so far. I still like my vintage Kenner figures too. It still stinks though.
Hasbro won't get another penny from me from now on. One man boycott. Hasbro blows. That's about as nicely as I can put it without being sent on vacation.

monkey man

I just broke down and ordered a case of TOD figures from Entertainment Earth. So I guess I lied about giving the boobs at Hasbro more money. No guarantees but at least I gave it one last try. Can anybody give me an idea what kind of company EE is? Do I have a chance? Are they honest? Any info about experiences with EE would be helpful.
I also ordered the exclusive Sallah and Short Round Mighty Muggs. He said those were shipping in November.
Thanks for any help that I can get.

I need my head examined. I have an Indiana Jones collecting disease and I'm not looking for a cure.

I just ordered a 2nd case at EE myself. They're a great company and very reliable. But seeing how long they have them listed for preorder on their website just makes me wonder if they're going to be able to supply the demand.

monkey man

Mr.Skidmarks said:
I just ordered a 2nd case at EE myself. They're a great company and very reliable. But seeing how long they have them listed for preorder on their website just makes me wonder if they're going to be able to supply the demand.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
I was wondering the same thing about them covering all of the preorders. Not much to lose by trying. Thanks again.

Lambonius

Brianstoys has 12 figure cases of Wave 4 in stock on their site right now...for the utterly ridiculous price of $109.99 plus shipping. I'm holding out for my toyrocket order, but I thought I'd give a heads up in case some of you are desperate.

ChromiumBlue37

Hasbro's own figures are selling out on Hasbro Toy Shop. They cannot even see that as a means to get the supply to the demand. I love it!

UIMJ

I think it's that they know the demand is there, but it's not in the volume that it takes to sustain the line (I wish it were, too). So they've cut back on manufacturing to meet the current demand, so it appears that they are super hot sellers.

For example, if they make 200 and the demand is 100 then they have a surplus that doesn't move. But if they make 95 and the demand is 100 then they have a hot market that might grow a bit, and if not then they still aren't stuck.

The point is that the "Look they are sold out at Hasbro Toy Shop so there is your evidence for demand" argument is not entirely valid.

Unfortunately. -grumble-