I don't even know what to say

Agent Z

Violet Indy said:
All I have to say is: the girl ain't worth the trouble! If she couldn't be honest with you when you told her the first time you liked her, then she isn't trustworthy. You paid for everything at the dates? Damn, then what's the problem with guys down here?!!!

But I told you before Nurhachi, you could still enjoy the prom and just go for a bit for the sake of going. Why can't you go with a group of friends instead? Don't they do that over in the States, coz we do that over here all the time? Then again, how soon is it? I can understand if it's a couple of weeks away and not wanting to go but if it's a bit longer than that, you might be able to get over it in time.

If I were you, I would do my best to not be around her for a little while, just to give yourself time to heal. If you keep talking to her upset and distressed, it will continue to make you feel hurt and will continue in a downward spiral.

Remember like the other guys have said, there are plenty of girls out there.

Quoted for Truth! (y)

As one of the old timers on the board, and I know you won't realize this now and it's not discounting the pain you are in at the moment, but this sort of thing is almost expected with "dating" at your age.

A blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things, and you will look back on it and understand it better from a distance.

Hang in there! :)

Nurhachi1991

I have given this alot of thought and I think the reason I have been so upset is not the girl so much but the fact of having a normal life. Growing up I have had plenty of crushes on girls and I have always gotten turned down so this was nothing new to me. As a kid I was moderetly overweight and did not really take a serious look at eating right and excercise till about a year ago but after I slimmed down and started eating right still nothing happened than I figured because it was because I did not have a liscense and could not drive so I got my drivers liscence and still no girlfriend I don't know if I'm to nice maybe I should start being a douchebag to girls because it seems like I'm always the " friend" and that is a horrible boat to be in and this time I actually thought I might have a chance to have a girlfriend and everything would balance itself out and to see that chance go out the window really hurt because it has happened all of my life.

Niteshade007

First of all, periods would make that a lot easier to read.

Secondly, being a douchebag isn't the answer. Yeah, right now, it seems like girls only seem to date the jerks. And then they complain that there are no nice guys out there. Well, we are here, they're just not interested in us.

Mostly what you need is time. You will find someone, so why be in such a hurry? This doesn't mean let opportunities go by, it just means that if it doesn't work out, there is still the rest of your life to get it right. You're young, in high school, I'm assuming, since you're talking about prom.

I just wouldn't get too worked up over it. It sucks, believe me, I've been turned down too, but you pick yourself up and move on.

Nurhachi1991 said:
I finally worked up the courage to talk to her and shortly after we became friends. We went to a movie together I paid for everything and she let me so I figured she liked me. We got along great had so many things in common and a few weeks ago I asked her to prom she agreed to go with me and I felt great I honestly felt fantastic like nothing could touch me. I was wrong.......... There was another guy who liked her to he did not know her nearly as long as I did and they started talking and began going out. Only thing is I did not know this. I soon asked her out and she told me that I was a really good friend and still wanted to go to prom but she said she had past relationships where the guy ends up being a jerk. I was sad but I figured I'm still going to prom and who knows maybe she end up liking me. Well today I found out that she was going out with the other guy he straight up told me they were going out. I felt horrible I wasn't even mad they were going out I was just shocked and very very hurt. I told her today that I don't think we should go to prom together and that killed me inside. I was really looking forward to my Senior Prom........ Getting all dressed up driving her there and sharing a very important event with someone I really did care about and just liked being with but I can forget it. It was very embarassing to tell my Father I wasn't going to prom and to have tears in my eyes well I did it.I just wanted to share this with everyone because I consider you guys my friends and I know I have been annoying in the past so if you want to make fun of me go for it.):

Well well well, what do we have here, a loser!

No, I'm kidding of course...but you have to get over the poor me phase...and quickly. Don't waddle in the mud!

The first good thing you did was get up your courage, felt good didn't it? Well once is not enough, you have to maintain! You have to get that courage up over and over again. Good news is the more you do something the easier it gets, bad news it doesn't mean you're not going to take more lumps!

Give her new guy some credit, he's telling you like it is, not just denying it. If anything, she'll drop him when something better comes along so good riddance! At least you found out before you dropped REAL money on her, (you didn't DID YOU?).

Rule Number 1: Money is a poor substitue for charisma. Sure it'll get you what you want but was it enough? Stop wasting your money, save it.

Rule Number 2: Don't show weakness. You save confessions like that for a time when you know her better.

Rule Number 3: (Warning, sterotype) You have to approach whatever you do as an opportunity. Hell in this season for the Irish remeber they have fun at FUNERALS. Nothiing attracts others like the promise of fun. Smile, laugh, try to make girls laugh! Don't look for the long term, long term should involve your education...REALLY, and saving money!

Rule Number 4: Pay attention to your instincts, don't blindly trust them.

Here endeth the lesson...go forth and have fun!

One last bit of advice, don't even worry about going to the Prom with friends, (if you can...do), you should go to the Prom at any cost even alone. Be happy for this girl, your presence will be a constant reminder of her shallowness, and believe me she thinks about you paying for your date and misleading you (if she in fact did) as much as you. As was mentioned earlier don't take it as an opportunity to be a douchebag, but go. Bring a cousin or something, a friend's sister, an older girl, or whatever, just not your mom. Don't obsess on this chick. Don't even look at her. If you do run into her smile and say something nice and move on.

Living well is the best revenge...show whoever you go with a good time, be fun and you'll have fun.

GO RENT THE TAO OF STEVE...NOW!

DON'T BE A STU, (sorry stoo) BE A STEVE!

Eliminate your desires.
Do something excellent in her presence, thereby proving your worthiness.
Retreat, for as Martin Heidegger said, "We pursue that which retreats from us".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UefQYjG7rM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UefQYjG7rM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

WillKill4Food

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Hey, I live in West Virginia! :mad:
Just kidding, man. Some of my family is from there. Just a little friendly stereotyping.

But clearly you get the point.
Don't take your cousin to prom.
Period.
Incest is frowned upon in most of civilized America.
Find a friend or someone like that if you can't find a date.

The Drifter

WillKill4Food said:
Just kidding, man. Some of my family is from there. Just a little friendly stereotyping.

Period.

I know you were kidding. I poke fun at my state's stereotype all the time.

WillKill4Food said:

Period.

Really, you needed to clear that up? Sort of like having a law against necropheliac beastiality? Your honor, I wouldn't have sex with a dead cat! What kind of a person do you think I AM? Do you think a dead cat scratched me like that?

She's bait for the prom...

I'm not talking about kissing her, sheesh dude.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Thanks Rocket Surgeon thats great advice (y)

Oh, and change your Avatar, Satipo was a Stu.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
But, could you imagine if his school-mates found out!? Wow, he thinks his life is bad now. . .

See, it's that kind of thinking that gets you into trouble...you can't pull a scam like that if you're affraid of falure!

You've got to brave the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...take arms against a sea of troubles! Be a Steve!

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Oh, and change your Avatar, Satipo was a Stu.

See, it's that kind of thinking that gets you into trouble...you can't pull a scam like that if you're affraid of falure!

You've got to brave the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...take arms against a sea of troubles! Be a Steve!

Why even pull a "scam"? Why not just stay home on the night of the prom? Who said he had to go anyway? I would rather sit at home than pretend I had a date who secretly was my cousin.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Why even pull a "scam"? Why not just stay home on the night of the prom? Who said he had to go anyway? I would rather sit at home than pretend I had a date who secretly was my cousin.

Could be a friends sister...use your imagination, it's starting point. Sheesh.

You go ahead sit home and wallow in your pity, I don't live in an area where everyone knows me and my extended family from Cabellas or Shoney's.;)

If you read on you might see the "you should go to the Prom at any cost even alone."

I mean, with all the offensive stuff in my post THAT one catches your ire?

Be a Steve

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Could be a friends sister...use your imagination, it's starting point. Sheesh.

You go ahead sit home and wallow in your pity, I don't live in an area where everyone knows me and my extended family from Cabellas or Shoney's.;)

If you read on you might see the "you should go to the Prom at any cost even alone."

I mean, with all the offensive stuff in my post THAT one catches your ire?

I never said you caught my ire, so don't flatter yourself. I just thought it was a stupid idea for him to go with his cousin/sister/friend's cousin and parade them around to be his genuine date.
Yes, he should go alone before he sinks that low or he should stay home or go catch a movie.

Rules 1-2-3

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I never said you caught my ire, so don't flatter yourself. I just thought it was a stupid idea for him to go with his cousin/sister/friend's cousin and parade them around to be his genuine date.
Yes, he should go alone before he sinks that low or he should stay home or go catch a movie.

you're sharing your ID with your wife again aren't you?

Anyway back to the fun...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWGSEBdyhn4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWGSEBdyhn4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XeVXdIzDM34&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XeVXdIzDM34&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ix52LldhtfQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ix52LldhtfQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WillKill4Food

I'm going to have to agree with Lonsome on this...

Taking a friend is okay if you can't find a date (or, as in my own complicated case, if your friend you are taking is the person you want to date...), but in such a case you must acknowledge that you are only taking a friend.

Parading around like you actually have a date is dishonest and distasteful (and generally lame), and if none of this bothers you because you insist on approaching the situation nihilistically, you must at least consider that there is quite a possibility that you will be found out.

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
you're sharing your ID with your wife again aren't you?

Leave my wife outta this; she has her own account here.

WillKill4Food said:
Parading around like you actually have a date is dishonest and distasteful (and generally lame), and if none of this bothers you because you insist on approaching the situation nihilistically, you must at least consider that there is quite a possibility that you will be found out.

I could not have said it better myself.