I don't even know what to say

Nurhachi1991 said:
I have less than 3 weeks to find another date for the prom........... what would Steve Do?

Have you watched the film yet?

Nurhachi1991 said:
Isn't asking a girl out face to face " growing a pair"

Not necessarily, you have to "be Steve" in your own way, not copy what some different Steve does!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4OnsFYG0aQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4OnsFYG0aQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Nurhachi1991 said:
Well I'm going to Senior Prom after all I'm driving 8 hours to go with an old girlfriend. Now thats a Steve

Well, I'm happy to hear that you're going. I do hope you enjoy yourself.

monkey

Hello Nurhachi,

I know the kind of pain you're feeling about this situation. I've been there before.

But just let me tell you one thing..........there are MILLIONS of girls out there who are looking for a nice guy like you.

I can tell you are a nice guy from your posts.

Let me tell you.....Girls like nice guys. If this particular girl chooses another guy instead of you......don't worry about it. There are a MILLION girls out there waiting for you.

Go and get them!!

Don't waste any more of your time on this girl.

Thanks,

Monkey

Dr Bones

Forget all the Stu and Steve BS. It's just beer swilling pizza loving trailer trash drivel.

You got played. She wanted a fallback date for the prom just incase this other guy didn't go out with her.

As for friends...meh...she probably knew how you felt but still had little regard for your feelings. You need friends like this?

Move on.

As for the prom....never understood this American obsession...sheesh no wonder you have so many therapists over there.

Go or don't...what's the big deal? It's all meaningless show.

Nurhachi1991

Thanks Violet and Monkey!

I dunno why us Americans hold the prom in such high regard Dr. Bones I guess it symbolizes the end of high school it's the last big thing we do as high school students.

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
I dunno why us Americans hold the prom in such high regard Dr. Bones I guess it symbolizes the end of high school it's the last big thing we do as high school students.
Not really, considering that Juniors (such as myself) can go as well.
I'm inclined to agree with Dr. Bones; it is simply "meaningless show."

Dr Bones said:
Forget all the Stu and Steve BS. It's just beer swilling pizza loving trailer trash drivel.

Trailer trash in your country must be exceedingly well read. See the flick then come back, surprisingly there's more to it then what's on any Wiki or youtube.:rolleyes:

Dr Bonehead I guess we talk about what we know...;)

Hachi...have a good time, there's a lesson to be learned in all this.(y)

HovitosKing

Nurhachi1991 said:

In that regard, it's hugely disappointing.

Nurhachi1991

Well I'm not going with this girl now due to a technacality. In order to go you needed to fill out paperwork if you were from out of state and the deadline for that was last week. What a **** load of ****

Oh well I give up

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
Oh well I give up
That's the spirit! :rolleyes:
If it matters so much to you, find a date for your prom. Or you could try to go to prom with your out of state friend at her school's Senior prom.
But don't give up so that years down the road from now you look back and regret it. That's the most important thing right now, I suppose. It might not matter to you now, but it might say twenty years from now.
But, if you know that you won't regret it, don't go. Go have a party with some friends who couldn't go or something. Just do something. Don't sit at home while everyone you know is at prom.

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
But I have got to do something
Oh, I thought you meant that you were going to take the out-of-state girl to your prom. I thought it was your school that wouldn't allow you to take her to your prom.
Could you just go to her prom then? In a different state? It's not your prom, per se, but it is, after all, a senior prom.
Could you do that?

Nurhachi1991

Sorry I dunno if I made myself clear.

After I knew I wasn't going to take the girl from my school to my prom I had the idea of going to NV and taking another girl but her school (my old school) said it's to late to register and we can't go. My only option now is finding a date to my school in CA

Only problem is I do not know many girls there and most of them look like they could play offense for the Oakland Raiders :p

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
...I had the idea of going to NV and taking another girl but her school (my old school) said it's to late to register and we can't go. My only option now is finding a date to my school in CA
So what's stopping you from taking her to your prom?
I'm afraid I don't understand.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Nurhachi1991 said:
Sorry I dunno if I made myself clear.

After I knew I wasn't going to take the girl from my school to my prom I had the idea of going to NV and taking another girl but her school (my old school) said it's to late to register and we can't go. My only option now is finding a date to my school in CA

Only problem is I do not know many girls there and most of them look like they could play offense for the Oakland Raiders :p

Why don't you just explain to the admin or what ever department looks after that (not in extreme detail) what happened. Surely they would listen and give you a chance. Bend the rules for once.

Nurhachi1991

Because I live 9 hours away WillKill4Food and I'm pretty sure she could not come up here.

I'm calling the school on Monday Violet I was a student there for 3 years and left on a good note so I don't see why they would do this to me.

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
Because I live 9 hours away WillKill4Food and I'm pretty sure she could not come up here.
And yet, you could go to her...

Nurhachi1991 said:
I'm calling the school on Monday Violet I was a student there for 3 years and left on a good note so I don't see why they would do this to me.
Persistence is the key. You're not their student anymore, so don't worry annoying them.

Personally, I don't see why it's such a trouble to you. Find a friend of the opposite gender who might want to go with you.