Indiana Jones as a girl???

muttjones

Ok so I've almost finished writing a script for a short Indy adventure based on Indy's search for the Fertilitiy Idol in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It is called:

Audriana Jones
and the
Skull of Cortez

Audriana you might ask? Well this film is different to any usual Indiana Jones film because Indy is being played by a young girl named Audrey (hence Audriana).

This film is mainly girls playing the usual male characters.
Rene Belloq is being played by a girl named Estelle. She plays a cross between Belloq and Irina Spalko.
Also a girl named Meg plays the Marcus Brody type but also a mixture with the recurring girl sidekick character.

It is to be a short film 10-15 minutes in length and jam packed with action.

The story is a mixture between the first scene of Raiders with aspects of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in there.

I am in preproduction this week and should begin principal photography next week.

I thought I should get the opinion of other Indy fans before I go ahead with it so does this sound like a good idea? Or am I completely insane?

Last edited:

The Man

muttjones said:
Ok so I've almost finished writing a script for a short Indy adventure based on Indy's search for the Fertilitiy Idol in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It is called:

Audriana Jones
and the
Skull of Cortez

Audriana you might ask? Well this film is different to any usual Indiana Jones film because Indy is being played by a young girl named Audrey (hence Audriana).

This film is mainly girls playing the usual male characters.
Rene Belloq is being played by a girl named Estelle. She plays a cross between Belloq and Irina Spalko.
Also a girl named Meg plays the Marcus Brody type but also a mixture with the recurring girl sidekick character.

It is to be a short film 10-15 minutes in length and jam packed with action.

The story is a mixture between the first scene of Raiders with aspects of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in there.

I am in preproduction this week and should begin principal photography next week.

I thought I should get the opinion of other Indy fans before I go ahead with it so does this sound like a good idea? Or am I completely insane?

Could be fun. One suggestion, though: how about calling her 'Arizona Jones'?

Who could play such a feisty lady?

muttjones

The Man said:
Could be fun. One suggestion, though: what about 'Arizona Jones'?

Is "Arizona" a reference to something?

I only picked Audriana because when I was talking about this with my actors Audriana was the name that fit the best.

The Man

muttjones said:

I only picked Audriana because when I was talking about this with my actors Audriana was the name that fit the best.

'Arizona Jones' has a certain ring to it. No particular reference to anything...

muttjones

The Man said:
'Arizona Jones' has a certain ring to it. No particular reference to anything...

cool

I can give you a story snippet if you like to get a better idea of this film. Yes?

muttjones

Audriana Jones, the famous female archaeologist is trekking through the South American jungles accompanied by Museum Curator Meg Brody and long time friend and fellow adventurer Jonathan "Max" Maxwell.

In the jungle they find that Audriana's arch rival Rene Belloq has beaten them to the spot. With the help of Belloq's hired thugs she digs up the prize they have been searching for and that collectors will pay hansomely for.

It is the mysterious Skull of Cortez.
The Aztecs feared it as the Rain God's ultimate weapon. It created chaos and destruction to all. So the Aztecs hid it away deep within a walled fortress to protect their people.
The skull lay their for many years until Spanish Conquistador Hernan Cortez came over to the Americas in the 16th century and took the skull from the Aztecs. He thought this skull was worthy only to the King of Spain and so he loaded it onto a ship about to depart for Spain. But that day a storm came over the Spanish dock and the skull emitted its destruction. The entire dock was destroyed before Cortez's eyes so he took the skull and hid it deep with in the jungles so it could never harm his people again.

Belloq held the skull up and examined it, unbeknownst to the true power of the Skull of Cortez.

Audriana must act fast for the skull is already in the wrong hands...

The Man

muttjones said:
Audriana Jones, the famous female archaeologist is trekking through the South American jungles accompanied by Museum Curator Meg Brody and long time friend and fellow adventurer Jonathan "Max" Maxwell.

In the jungle they find that Audriana's arch rival Rene Belloq has beaten them to the spot. With the help of Belloq's hired thugs she digs up the prize they have been searching for and that collectors will pay hansomely for.

It is the mysterious Skull of Cortez.
The Aztecs feared it as the Rain God's ultimate weapon. It created chaos and destruction to all. So the Aztecs hid it away deep within a walled fortress to protect their people.
The skull lay their for many years until Spanish Conquistador Hernan Cortez came over to the Americas in the 16th century and took the skull from the Aztecs. He thought this skull was worthy only to the King of Spain and so he loaded it onto a ship about to depart for Spain. But that day a storm came over the Spanish dock and the skull emitted its destruction. The entire dock was destroyed before Cortez's eyes so he took the skull and hid it deep with in the jungles so it could never harm his people again.

Belloq held the skull up and examined it, unbeknownst to the true power of the Skull of Cortez.

Where do you plan to film this? Do you live rurally or close to it?

muttjones

In the jungle they find that Audriana's arch rival Rene Belloq has beaten them to the spot. With the help of Belloq's hired thugs she digs up the prize they have been searching for, but dark secrets are held in the Skull of Cortez.

Last edited:

The Man

muttjones said:

In the jungle they find that Audriana's arch rival Rene Belloq has beaten them to the spot. With the help of Belloq's hired thugs she digs up the prize they have been searching for, but dark secrets are held in theSkull of Cortez.

The Aztecs called it the Rain God's ultimate weapon. It created chaos and destruction to all. So the Aztecs hid it away deep within a walled fortress to protect their people.
The skull lay there for many years until Spanish Conquistador Hernan Cortez came over to the Americas in the 16th century and took the skull from the Aztecs. He thought this skull was worthy only to the King of Spain and so he loaded it onto a ship about to depart for Spain. But that day a storm came over the Spanish dock and the skull emitted its destruction. The entire dock was destroyed before Cortez's eyes and in fear of it causing more damage to his people he took the skull and hid it deep with in the jungle. He drew a map locating the spot he hid it and took this secret to the grave... until Dr. Jones opened up Cortez's tomb centuries later.

So the skull has the power to summon storms?

Dr. Wolfwood

muttjones said:

I think Arizona might be nice, since it is another State name, just like Indiana is. But since Indiana Jones didn't exactly get named after a state, this doesn't really apply... :hat:

The Man

Dr. Wolfwood said:
I think Arizona might be nice, since it is another State name, just like Indiana is. But since Indiana Jones didn't exactly get named after a state, this doesn't really apply... :hat:

Perhaps she was named after the cat...;)

muttjones

The Man said:
Could be fun. One suggestion, though: how about calling her 'Arizona Jones'?

But then there is no nickname for Arizona.

With Indiana Its Indy.
And with Audriana its Audry.
But there isn't one for Arizona.

muttjones

Just finished the script. It may need some fine tuning to fit the capabilities of what we can film (even though I kept that in mind) and it is probably too long still.

The Man

muttjones said:
Just finished the script. It may need some fine tuning to fit the capabilities of what we can film (even though I kept that in mind) and it is probably too long still.

Do you have a good location for the jungle sequences?

muttjones

The Man said:
Do you have a good location for the jungle sequences?

Well there is a creek in Melbourne, Australia called the Merri that runs through the East Central suburbs of Melbourne where I live. On both banks of the creek are a lot of foliage and trees that is kind of jungle like. This is the most likely location but time constraints may be an issue cos it is a fair walk from my house to there.

muttjones

So i've started preproduction on the film with my primary school. So far the year 5 and 6 class along with their teacher has been making props and costumes in the hope that we film in a fortnight.
Meanwhile i'm writing it again because the story has dramatically changed:

Now Audriana Jones is the granddaughter of Indiana Jones and while looking around in her attic she finds this out. She also finds Indy's gear, his diary and a thumb sized crystal. Audriana reads the diary and discovers that Indy failed to recover a skull from the jungles of peru. The skull has an undefined power (that i havent decided on yet because i dont have an ending thus far) that lures Audriana to travelling to Peru with her friend Maxwell "Max" Davies. But when she arrives she has gotten more than she bargained for because an old family rival has beaten Audriana to the skull...

I'm liking this version alot better because there will be a scene similar to the "hocus pocus" scene with Marcus and Indy at Indy's house in Raiders. Also the school i'm working with has greenlighted me to use a jungle-like location quite far away from the school.

I'll be designing a poster once i type up the script and finish the storyboards.
I'll then makeup a trailer to entice you guys so you'll be waiting in anticipation for my fan film.

If you guys have any ideas for things that should happen in the film just tell me.
I'm trying to sneak in lines and bits from the other films that us indy fans can smile at when we see it.:D