Indiana Jones the animated show

also, my favorite argument against the 'why did they call it Indiana Jones crowd' is that the whole concept of meeting famous/would be famous people falls incredibly flat with just some 'no name character'.

It falls perfectly in line with Indy's luck.

We already 'know' Indiana Jones. So to have some show about meeting famous people we'd have to have some really deep back story as to why this dude seems to always be so lucky.
It's all so perfect, yet they ignore all of it: Indy was born in 1899 to an upper-class family of intellectual types. This was before the population boom that took the world from 1 billion to 7 billion. Henry Sr. is a professor who has the connections to be able to mingle with all the movers-and-shakers of the time. So when the family goes on Mr. Jones's lecture tour, it's only natural for Indy to run into these people. And since Indy is a pulp character, he has plot armor that allows him to fight and survive BOTH World Wars, to experience supernatural event after supernatural event, and to survive the most ridiculously absurd situations involving Nazis, Soviets and a Hindu death cult.

Dr.Jonesy

I didn't have a lot of exposure to the Young Indiana Jones series as a kid. Wish I had. It's its own thing - and I appreciate that. It's way too Forrest-Gump-ian, for me and way too coincidental, often veers into 'educational programming' - but I still really enjoy it.

The only VHS of the series I had was Oganga: The Giver and Taker of Life. And I loved it.

To this day, I still love it. Such a beautiful story, the music is incredible, there's a lot to say about it. But it's always a standout when I think of the series. Something about it.

Speaking on an Indiana Jones animated show, one idea I always though would be cool is if it's told in a similar format to Young Indy... but instead of being told by an older Indy, it's told by Short Round to his own sidekick while on his own adventures, called "The Legends of Indiana Jones". I think a fun way to format the show would be to split it into story arcs/serials... not just telling new stories involving Indy, but also retelling previous Indy EU stories as well. Imagine an animated serial based on Fate of Atlantis, a serial based on the Genesis Deluge, or even an adaptation of one of the Holbien novels. And any continuity errors (such as the present of a golden city El Dorado in the German novel compared to its different appearance in KOTCS) could be explained away as it being Short Round's retelling of events he'd heard of Indy's exploits, which may have been slightly altered/misinterpreted in its retellings, really adding to the "Legends" part of the title. I bet Ke Huy Quan would love to voice an adult Short Round narrating these stories, and you could get reasonable sound-alikes for the rest of the voice cast.