Indy kisses the blarney stone?

Forrestal1972

Does Indy visit Ireland in KOTCS? One blurb for an upcoming kids Indy themed educational book professes that Indy and his newly discovered son Mutt Williams brave perilous catacombs deep beneath an Irish castle.
Anyone else ever here this?
Mods, this is not the same thread as the Leapfrog post. Please do not close. Many thanks.

The Man

I'm Irish and would personally squirm if Indy visits the country - all that "s'ur-be-gorahh" and fiddle-music bullsh*t. Besides, as Kent Brockman tells us, Leprechauns are long extinct.

Forrestal1972

Hi The Man
I'm Irish too. Really worried if Indy and his offspring are biking around th bog. I dread the Darby O'Gills they'll bump into.

Slan

Stoo

Have either of you seen the episode of Young Indy in Ireland?
If so, I'm intereted to know your take on it.

My great-grandparents (mother's side) moved from Ireland to Canada in 1906.
They used to live in Dublin.

Anyway, if the movie goes there or not, I hope more globe-trotting is in store!:whip:
Nice find, Forrestal1972.

The Man

Stoo said:

Anyway, if the movie goes there or not, I hope more globe-trotting is in store!:whip:

I haven't seen the Young Indy episode.

Last edited:

Forrestal1972

Stoo said:

Hi Stoo

Yep I saw it. Actually it wasn't half bad. The protrayal of Devalera was slomwhat through rose tinted glasses and there was the usual quaintness as in most American protrayals of Ireland. The Ireland of 1916 was probably a much more brutal and certainly more complex place than in Young Indy, but on the whole I think they did a more responsible and respectful job than say the Remington Steel episode when they went back to Ireland. That was unbelievably bad and Pierce Brosnan is from Navan for God's sake, ha, ha, ha. I always liked Young Indy. It was ahead of it's time.

Forrestal1972 said:
Hi Stoo

Yep I saw it. Actually it wasn't half bad. The protrayal of Devalera was slomwhat through rose tinted glasses and there was the usual quaintness as in most American protrayals of Ireland. The Ireland of 1916 was probably a much more brutal and certainly more complex place than in Young Indy, but on the whole I think they did a more responsible and respectful job than say the Remington Steel episode when they went back to Ireland. That was unbelievably bad and Pierce Brosnan is from Navan for God's sake, ha, ha, ha. I always liked Young Indy. It was ahead of it's time.

That would be interesting considering there has ever been any mention of an Irish castle anywhere else.

The Man

mindy muffles said:
That would be interesting considering there has ever been any mention of an Irish castle anywhere else.

It is very strange indeed. Love your forum-name.(y)

Darth Vile

I think an Irish castle would be great as long as it's not like the ghostly intro of the Monkey King script - which was pretty poor.

Forrestal1972

mindy muffles said:
Personally, I think it must be a mistake. I don't really see it fitting into what we know of KOTCS.

ElsaFan

Yeah, there's actually a scene where Indy digs up the remains of former Irish actress Alison Doody.

Forrestal1972

ElsaFan said:
Yeah, there's actually a scene where Indy digs up the remains of former Irish actress Alison Doody.
That makes sense. Her dead corpse would probably give a better performance than in LC!

ElsaFan said:

Well, flap me sideways! I never thought I'd see a comment like that from ElsaFan.

MattJones

I just read the Leapfrog blurb. I'm not sure whether or not I've gone crazy, but I just started laughing...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Son, ireland, rapids, hahahahahahahaha! The movie was confirmed for me by a synopsis for a PRESCHOOL GAME.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I need to go be alone with my hysterics.

Indy's been to Ireland at one other time too. He was working at Newgrange in one of the Dark Horse Comics. I wish I could remember which one though. The funny thing is that he came in through the top of the tomb, but there's no way to come in from the top as it's covered with stones. Plus they've known about the entrance for hundreds of years. I'll have to look up which comic it was in when I get home.

xVendetta17x

It's probably just a level for the game
Everything we've heard about the sets and spoilers and stuff hasn't really shown an Irelend esque set
So I doubt we'll we see him in it in the film
Bit if he does, as an Irish-Canadian, I have no problem with him in Ireland

Zorg

Forrestal1972 said:
Personally, I think it must be a mistake. I don't really see it fitting into what we know of KOTCS.

It would fit as the opening sequence. Remember, "end of another adventure"?