Indy kisses the blarney stone?

Stoo

Edward The Head said:
Indy's been to Ireland at one other time too. He was working at Newgrange in one of the Dark Horse Comics. I wish I could remember which one though.
You're thinking of "Spear of Destiny" #1. (Ireland also features in "Iron Phoenix".)
The Marvel comics must have an Irish location at some point. Now, I'm curious!
Ed The Head said:
The funny thing is that he came in through the top of the tomb, but there's no way to come in from the top as it's covered with stones. Plus they've known about the entrance for hundreds of years.
Ha! Just like in Marvel #4 when Indy is talking about being on dig in Montreal while
the subway system was being built. (Construction didn't start until the mid-'60s!)

Sorry to go off on another tangent but I love the closing bookend to the Irish episode
of Young Indy. Especially, the closing lines by Sean O'Casey to Indy as he's leaving,
"Old Ireland's changed!"

and then the dissolve to Old Indy:

"Changed...changed utterly...A terrible beauty is born...
Yeats wrote that, about The Easter Rebellion..."

Thanks for your insight on the Irish episode, Forrestal1972. I appreciate it!
(I did a check on De Valera and he's not in the show. Perhaps you're thinking
of Sean Lemass?)

Last edited:

The Man

The Irish castle element is most likely a merchandising add-in by whoever manufactures the game. It simply doesn't fit with anything we've heard before. It also sucks in general, IMHO.

Forrestal1972

Stoo said:
You're thinking of "Spear of Destiny" #1. (Ireland also features in "Iron Phoenix".)
The Marvel comics must have an Irish location at some point. Now, I'm curious!
Ha! Just like in Marvel #4 when Indy is talking about being on dig in Montreal while
the subway system was being built. (Construction didn't start until the mid-'60s!)

Sorry to go off on another tangent but I love the closing bookend to the Irish episode
of Young Indy. Especially, the closing lines by Sean O'Casey to Indy as he's leaving,
"Old Ireland's changed!"

and then the dissolve to Old Indy:

"Changed...changed utterly...A terrible beauty is born...
Yeats wrote that, about The Easter Rebellion..."

Thanks for your insight on the Irish episode, Forrestal1972. I appreciate it!
(I did a check on De Valera and he's not in the show. Perhaps you're thinking
of Sean Lemass?)

Opps, it was Lemass. The ole mind is going... sorry Stoo.

Kernunnos

I could live with Indy drinking a pint of Guinness, but if he starts drinking Magners with ice, I swear I'll walk out of the cinema.