Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Festivities? Or. Original Trilogy Movie Marathons?

No Ticket

I was just wondering how many of you guys are planning on having an Indiana Jones party and/or Movie Marathon the day before Indy hits theaters? Or the day of if your planning on going to the midnight showing it will no doubt have. I know I am! I'm going to watch all three AND throw a party... possibly an Indy-themed costume party. I wouldn't go as Indy though, I'd go as Mola Ram and have a bloody heart or something. lol.

Anyway. Just wondering what kind of festivities you guys might be planning. I mean, it's a new Indiana Jones movie! Hoo-rah! (wait, why am I shouting like I'm in the marines?)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I did the marathon on New Year's, actually. Probably won't see the trilogy again until the new one comes out. (Although, long way, Delhi, &c.)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I would love to so do a party but with no other Indyfans locally, kinda pointless. Maybe after the movie comes out, everyone will be like, "yeah, I'm so an Indyfan" like after Transformers came out. So it might work out then. :cool: Any excuse for a party will do me really. (y)

Johnny Nys

I'd like to do something like that, but probably won't. If it does happen, it'll probably be stretched out over the entire week. Like "Raiders" on Monday, "Temple" on Wednesday, "Crusade" on Thursday and then go see "Kingdom" on Friday. But I think by the time we go to the theater, everyone here will be so sick of Indy the enthusiasm will be gone.

Bjorn Heimdall

It's a cool idea. If I manage to fix up a couple of rooms in the house and get a new TV and such as planned, before may, I might just throw an INDY marathon.:)

Katarn07

I'm doing the marathon for sure, but no party. Just me and my family. And most likely then, just me and my dad. lol

Arab Swordsman

I'll probably watch all three movies the few days before the new one comes out. I already made plans to go with my Mom (who works third shift) to go see KOTCS at midnight and then I'm taking off of work the next day and I'll probably go with other family and friends twice that day. I've been watching the other three movies so much the past month already to start getting ready!

trippweeder

If they release the soundtrack before the movie - like they did with Revenge Of The Sith - that would be mood music for the days before May 22nd.

oki9Sedo

Attila the Professor said:
I did the marathon on New Year's, actually. Probably won't see the trilogy again until the new one comes out. (Although, long way, Delhi, &c.)

Thats probably the most inspired use of an Indiana Jones quote I've ever heard. Especially since you did it in that sardonic, lazy "you get the joke" style.

:hat:

davros72

My wife is starting to come around to the idea of allowing me to go to the midnight showing in full costume. Initially she was very reluctant, only going so far as to allow the jacket, but now she's open to the idea. I'm sure she'll be shaking her head most of the night but what the hey. I know I don't really look like Harrison Ford, but at least I've lost a decent amount of weight so I don't look *too* pathetic and sad. :) We're hoping to go to the ultra-super-deluxe-brand-new Majestic theater in the Milwaukee area, so it should be a big night!

Cheers!
--Kevin

Attila the Professor

Staff member
oki9Sedo said:
Thats probably the most inspired use of an Indiana Jones quote I've ever heard. Especially since you did it in that sardonic, lazy "you get the joke" style.

:hat:

Hey, I've got to look myself in the mirror every day. Heh, thanks.

Rayder

All three in one day, with lots of popcorn
But I will probably be alone in the viewing, my brother doesn't like them (I know, how could he? He still can't give me a good reason why though, probably doing the well known brother "everything you like is stupid" act) and my parents will not be home, so guess what, top volume on the surround sound. LOL.:D

Rhys135

Watched them all last month, so I'm going to take a break now until th beginning of May.

If a cinema around here is planning on showing the originals before the 22, I'm defintley there!

Adamwankenobi

As each box set is released, I've been showing the YIJC to several of my family members. Then on May 18, we'll watch Raiders. On May 19, we'll watch Temple of Doom. On May 20, we'll watch Last Crusade. And on May 21, we'll go to a midnight showing of Kingdom of the Crstal Skull. (y)