Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The most quotable Indy movie. Whats your favorite?

nitzsche

James said:
"Oh, I believe, sister. That's why I'm staying down here."

I loved Ford's delivery of that line. It reminds me of a similar moment in the trilogy, but I can't quite place it.

With Elsa...

Elsa: I knew it was you. You have your father's eyes.
Indy: And my mothers ears - but, the rest belongs to you.

That's what it reminded me of, but I don't know why.

Crusade>Raiders

nitzsche said:
I had help to clarify the line, but this is one of the best in the film.

Spalko: You fight like a young man, eager to begin -- quick to finish!

;)

I didn't even catch that line the first two times I saw it. LOL indeed.

Although not a quote, the image that really struck a chord was seeing Indiana Jones running through the clothesline in the Doomstown backyard.

To see a rustic Indy running through a pastel, squeaky-clean neighborhood was such a weird dichotomy...

You'd never picture the two together, but there it was.

Michael24

Yeah, definitely one of the best yet. (y)

It really took me by surprise. I thought for sure it would be from one of the Russians much later in the film, perhaps during the jungle chase.

jasperjones

It helps with close up geek shot.

Also, did anyone else think the priest who married them looked really weird? He must be related to someone or be part or the production. He's the last guy I'd ever cast as a priest lol.

nezobiwan

jasperjones said:
Also, did anyone else think the priest who married them looked really weird? He must be related to someone or be part or the production. He's the last guy I'd ever cast as a priest lol.
I thought the same thing. Not a v.g. actor either.

James

During the scene where Indy tries to communicate with Oxley, I liked Indy's line, "They're going to kill Marion, Ox. Do you understand? They're going to kill Abner's little girl."

Somehow, it just added a little poignancy to the moment.

SterankoII

Spalko's line to Mutt during the duel.

"You fight like a young man! Eager to start, quick to finish!"

Sad but true. :gun:

Indy actually has more tough guy lines in this one than in the others I think.
My favorite is "Nice try kid, but I think you brought a knife to a gunfight!"

Shark_Blade

SterankoII said:
Spalko's line to Mutt during the duel.

"You fight like a young man! Eager to start, quick to finish!"

Sad but true. :gun:
At first I thought Spalko was talking about young men sex drive lmao. Eager to start, quick to finish...

Indy Byrd

I had several lines I thought was great in thee movie. Although a couple of them was used in the trailers,the one when Indy was swinging for the truck Spalko was driving and came crashing into the second truck, " Dam#! I thought that was closer!!", I really enjoyed that one. Another one was when Indy and the gang was in the temple at the end and Mac pulled the gun on them and Indy says "What...you're a triple agent now?!" I really enjoyed that one. I also liked the snake scene when Mutt says "Grab the snake!" "Would you quit calling it that!"

jasperjones

Pretty much for me that whole quicksand scene was gold.

Watching it again yesterday, I think the line that is memorable for all the wrong reasons is Mac's during the jungle chase (looking right at camera) - this is very dangerous. I have zero idea how it made the cut and in my mind is actually worse than the Tarzan scene. We know it's dangerous!!!!!!!!! Show don't tell!!!!

Back to the positives though - I love Spalko's opening description of the crate - contents of box, mummified remains.

Hanselation

James said:
I liked Mutt's reaction when he first discovers Indy is a teacher: "You're a teacher. Well, that's great. Yeah, that's gonna be really helpful."

I also thought Marion's "Well I thought we were going to die!" was pretty funny- particularly the way she delivers it with the gag in her mouth.

"Not as easy as it used to be" is a fantastic Indy line, and kind've reminds me of that same "May be...but not today" world-weary attitude.

And of course:

"Siafu."
"What?!"
"Big damn ants!"

"Not as easy as it used to be" -that seems also to be the line told by the old people Steven and George when they did KotCS. It's seems that they left their kind of story telling esprit in the past years. Also John Willams did'nt the soundtrack as easy as it used to be. (n)

But, thanks to Harry, he made the best job in that movie. (y)

Agent Z

jasperjones said:
Pretty much for me that whole quicksand scene was gold.

It gets flack, but I love it. It was silly, but a silly that I could deal with.

jasperjones said:
Watching it again yesterday, I think the line that is memorable for all the wrong reasons is Mac's during the jungle chase (looking right at camera) - this is very dangerous. I have zero idea how it made the cut and in my mind is actually worse than the Tarzan scene. We know it's dangerous!!!!!!!!! Show don't tell!!!!

When the director resorts to having the characters tell the audience how exciting the events happening are, more times than not, the events aren't exciting. It's a lame gimmick to amplify the moment. I have yet to see it work.

See street crowd comments during finale of Spider-Man 3 for more evidence of this.

jasperjones said:
Back to the positives though - I love Spalko's opening description of the crate - contents of box, mummified remains.

Agreed. She is all business, down to the nth detail. Fits perfectly with her character.