Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The most quotable Indy movie. Whats your favorite?

jasperjones

Yeah, Mac's lin...ugh. What annoys me about that part about the jungle chase is that on 3rd viewing, It actually does have tension. With the 2 vehicles going at it is pure Indy (if only you could edit out the Tarzan swing) but that line really pulls you out of the movie. It's weird because It's such beginner stuff. I'm a screenwriter, and if I submitted that I'd be ashamed (in Koepp's defence I love a lot of the other banter).

The more I see the film (or think about it) the more I dig Spalko. I think she's one of the better villains, probably second to the Raiders bunch. She's really off kilter, in a good way. Dovchenko's also on of the best henchmen. Love his flying tackle to nail Indy and Ox.

I also think Mac and Ox fit in really well with the whole Indy universe.

Particularly like Mac's line as Marion is racing towards the cliff - Mum, slow down!

jasperjones

Not yet, but deals are currently being signed. Watch this space. And what I'm talking about is beginner stuff. That's what is so weird about it.

nezobiwan

jasperjones said:
I also think Mac and Ox fit in really well with the whole Indy universe.

Particularly like Mac's line as Marion is racing towards the cliff - Mum, slow down!
Mac pretty much was the only character I absolutely loathed. And I don't mean loathed in the way we're supposed to loath him. I mean to say he's a terribly constructed character. He's so cardboard cutout, stereotypic. He reminded me of a poor excuse for Benny from The Mummy... except Benny was actually funny and his relationship to O'Connell made sense.

And Mac's relationship with Indy is... for lack of a better descriptor... stupid. I've seen the movie twice and I wanted to yell in Indy's face at the end: "The dude screwed you over twice; leave his @ss to die!"

I mean seriously... the love of his life and newfound son are in danger and he's worrying about some jerk. There just wasn't enough "history" between them to make Indy's sympathetic feelings for him believeable... now if it was someone established, like Sallah or maybe even a grown up Short Round, I could totally, unquestionably understand Indy's hesitation in letting that betrayer die.

... And back on the topic of quotes, it makes me sick to my stomach everytime Mac sputters "Jonesy!" :sick:

bonoferox

Love Ray Winstone, but the movie could have been carried fine without Mac.
However, if they made him the big bad that Indy would have had one of his classic fistfights with (say on the jungle cutter?), it would have made the character awesome.

The more I think of a fight on the Jungle Cutter the more I long for it.....so many possibilities.

Anyways, "They weren't you, honey." is still my favorite.

Agent Z

nezobiwan said:
.. And back on the topic of quotes, it makes me sick to my stomach everytime Mac sputters "Jonesy!" :sick:

Every time Mac says that, I keep expecting the cat from Alien to pop into frame......and perhaps throw out a defensive hiss because of the dialogue.

Mac does feel very stock, like a character lifted from one of those 80's Indy clones (Firewalker, King Solomon's Mines, etc etc).

Forbidden Eye

After reading through all 12 pages of this thread, surprised no one mentioned the hilarious Star Wars reference:

"I have bad feeling about this!"

:whip:

Benraianajones

Lol, I like when Indiana says something like "I believe sister, that's why I am standing over here" or something to that effect.

Ray Winstone annoys me anyway. I can just aboutstomach him in Indiana - he doesn't say much..., but he seems like any other character he has played on British TV. I still think of that episode of One Foot in The Grave he was in when I see him.

jasperjones

Oh, I like Mac, and Jonesy always makes me smile.

Agree with that - Oh I believe sister, that's why I'm down here.

Good stuff!

Couldn't agree more with the fight on the jungle Cutter. Man that would have been so awesome.

IndyCon

"Dam, I thought that was closer" I love this line.

"Hi Mac" Then Indy punches him in face, classic.

"Wait...wait...wait...sure, great, don't wait for me." I laugh every time at this line.

"Looks like you brought a knife to a gun fight" Instant classic.

I can't remember the exact line but when Indy calls Mutt "Junior" I love that and I love the whole movie.

Last edited:

TheMutt92

"Damn I thought that was closer!"

"Looks like you brought a knife to a gun fight"

"They all had the same problem... they weren't you"

"Help!"

"I like Ike"

And a bunch of others I know I'm forgetting!

Agent Z

Agent Z said:
I busted out laughing at the diner scene when, wouldn't you know it, Indy still says "ma-thical" (instead of "mythical") in the final print! I was like "Damn, so much for the bad editing of the trailers/tv spots theory." :p

Watched it again in the same theater. Sorry, but he said "ma-thical" again! :p

This is going to end up for me like the ROTJ scene, when Luke leaps up from the bottom of the Rancor pit and grabs onto the grate above. Everyone is going to think I made it up... :D

indyrcks

Scoot over will you son then Mutt says Don't call me son, don't

this won't be easy not as easy as it used to be

You got it pal

They weren't you honey

Why the hell did you make him finish school

vf wing

The main man had a few classic lines in this outing.

"Ouch." Plus his laughter at Spalko.

and of course

"Saucermen... from Mars."