KOTCS up for People's Choice Award

The Man

Darth Vile said:
Having not looked at the site, I wouldn’t know who the other nominees are… but what is the inference, that Ford isn’t nominated because KOTCS was inferior to the other competition??? Even if it were (which I of course wouldn’t agree with), that shouldn’t preclude his strong performance being recognized should it?

Well, he's up for Male Star against Downey Jr. and Smith, but absent from the Action slot, which is filled by the two above and Christian Bale...

It could be that Skull's action sequences offer flattery to none involved or/and that Indiana Jones takes a derisory backseat during the centrepiece Jungle Chase...

Benraianajones

The Man said:
Well, he's up for Male Star against Downey Jr. and Smith, but absent from the Action slot, which is filled by the two above and Christian Bale...

It could be that Skull's action sequences offer flattery to none involved or/and that Indiana Jones takes a derisory backseat during the centrepiece Jungle Chase...

Yes, whislt Harrison does do a lot of action at the start, and he does a fair bit of fist flinging in the jungle, he does tend to vanish out of view for awhile. I still wish there was a bit of a fight between Indy and Spalko, but saying that the only major villan Indy has ever fought with properly is Mola Ram.

James

The Man said:

As opposed to Robert Downey Jr., who spent most of his action sequences with little lights projected upon his face? :D

It's definitely odd, considering the level of physicality that was invested by Ford. But I think they just wanted to fit Christian Bale in there as well. Let's face it, Ford and Smith are really the only two who qualify to be in both the "Movie Star" and "Action Star" categories.

Niteshade007

I voted Ford for best star, I'm pretty sure that's the only category I voted Indy in. I don't remember exactly who I voted for, but it was definitely DK for best movie, Downey Jr. for best action star, and DK again for best overall cast.

I think I may have voted for Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for best onscreen match-up, but only because they probably don't stand a chance and I love me some Tina.

Forbidden Eye

The Man said:

I'm very sure they didn't put that much thought into it. Will Smith is a favorite of the media and the public so that automatically put him on both lists. They probably just wanted both on Harrison and Christian Bale respectively on one of the lists and put Harrison on the "Best Actor" list as he's a film legend with far more experience than Bale, while they put Bale on a more elaborate list(the real :confused: being Robert Downey Jr. as he did almost zero physical work on Iron Man(and Tropic Thunder?) quite pitiful on the "People's Choice" part). Of course, having two categories are really redundant as the actor they choose are "action stars" in the first place, one of the many flaws of the way this ceremony is set-up.

Still, it's quite an accomplishment Ford was able to get on the list. How many senior citizens can you say are popular with the current generation(as well as the old)?

Darth Vile

The Man said:

Very strange. To echo some of the other posts... where exactly in Iron Man does RDJ do "action"?

Dr.Jonesy

I'm a die hard Batman fan and a die hard Indy fan. I got a real treat this year with double films. (y)

But, I do admit that it took me a while to warm up and love Indy 4 b/c I hated it when I saw it. Now, I believe that TDK was a more well crafted, much better film overall and one I kept good track of during production, I now have alot of love for KOTCS and it's my 3rd favorite Indy film.

Nobody can deny TDK was a bigger success critically and financially. And I see no reason of how it could lose at the PCA. I love both films, TDK more, but I see no reason in lying and saying it's hype is gone b/c that argument is false and sucks in general. You can't compare the two films! I just don't see Indy beating TDK at the PCA. I don't know how some fans can.

TDK- 5 stars
Indy 4- 4 stars

I voted TDK b/c I thought it was a much more well crafted film. I still love Indy 4 alot though. It just wasn't as good as TDK.

Get over it people and just enjoy this film and hope for a 5th soon.

And Indy fans should accept the facts.

Indy still rocks though! :whip:

JimmyPSHayes

I voted and it made me realize how out of touch I was with pop culture. Of the TV shows they listed, I'd only heard about 5% of them!

StoneTriple

caats said:
Joosse said:
Indy all the way....

Batman for me will always be Adam West!

The true caped crusader!:gun:

(n) ...:sick: ... :eek:

For those of us crowding 50, Adam West's TV Batman was all there was for decades. He's no longer the definitive Batman for me, but he certainly holds a special place in my world. I was in front of the TV every week - same Bat time, same Bat channel.

BatmanTV.jpg

Last edited:

caats

all there was for decades except the comics which came out multiple times a month. but whatever, i get it.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I totally agree and as much as I loved the film and Heath Ledger's Joker -- wonder if he had lived would it have recieved so much praise for his performance? I hate to say that -- but Hollywood is such a PR driven town -- its all about hype...