Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

michael

RedeemedChild said:
Online multiplayer game play?
I don't think so because in the press release, multiplayer mode is not mentioned. So I doubt that's it, or else that is some horrible marketing, why wouldn't you mention it, ya know?
If you look at it, Mola Ram doesn't have a stud counter, that's what makes it more confusing/interesting.

JCC1004

Mola Ram could be like Anikan in the Darth Vader level in LSW1. Who ever the other player is they become the boss.

RedeemedChild

michael said:
I don't think so because in the press release, multiplayer mode is not mentioned. So I doubt that's it, or else that is some horrible marketing, why wouldn't you mention it, ya know?
If you look at it, Mola Ram doesn't have a stud counter, that's what makes it more confusing/interesting.

Yes, that's true. I guess the LEGO games will never over have online multiplayer.

I was in GameStop the day before yesterday and I purchased my sister LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga and the clerk told us that there will be a LEGO Prince of Persia Video Game and that there are rumors of a LEGO Toy Story 3 game. I'm excited about the Prince of Persia LEGO experience but I think the latter is simply a bad idea.

I hope and wish that there will be a LEGO G.I. Joe (based on the classic GI Joe and not the new movie) video game as well as a LEGO Alice in Wonderland video game tie-in to the upcoming Tim Burton's sequel "Alice in Wonderland."

Crack that whip

I doubt we'd see a LEGO G.I. Joe game, since I doubt we'll see actual G. I. Joe LEGO sets - it'd be a toy company licensing another toy company's toys, something they probably wouldn't do (though never say never, but...). And LEGO Rock Band notwithstanding (since it's not actually based on a specific narrative / character license), I doubt there'd be a LEGO video game based on a theme that doesn't / hasn't exist(ed) as actual LEGO sets (Indy, Star Wars, Batman, Harry Potter and Prince of Persia are all, have been and/or will be real LEGO themes for actual, physical LEGO sets, as well as bases for videogames - they haven't done or announced any LEGO videogames based on character licenses that aren't actual LEGO themes).

michael

RedeemedChild said:
Yes, that's true. I guess the LEGO games will never over have online multiplayer.

Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga is playable online though. Heck there's even an achievement for the 360 version, "finish a level online with another player"

RedeemedChild

Crack that whip said:
I doubt we'd see a LEGO G.I. Joe game, since I doubt we'll see actual G. I. Joe LEGO sets - it'd be a toy company licensing another toy company's toys,

That's exactly what the gentlemen in Game Stop said was going through his mind when he learned about the LEGO Story Story 3 Lego sets and video game adaption. If LEGO goes forward with that then it would seem more likely that we could get LEGO G.I. Joe sets and a LEGO G.I. Joe video game.

However LEGO might simply do the unexpected and license a LEGO Halo franchise as I've noticed a lot of fanboys on different online forums and blogs clamoring for LEGO Halo and LEGO Star Trek, howbeit LEGO might ignore the latter as they seem to be quite happy with Star Wars right now. To bad Square-Enix and Disney won't let LEGO get near Kingdom Hearts.

The Drifter

Am I the only one who wants to see a Lego: Evil Dead?
Man, we have a whole trilogy there to work with also. And, it would be awesome.
I wanna fight mini-Lego Ashes and a Lego severed hand.

Crack that whip

RedeemedChild said:
However LEGO might simply do the unexpected and license a LEGO Halo franchise as I've noticed a lot of fanboys on different online forums and blogs clamoring for LEGO Halo and LEGO Star Trek, howbeit LEGO might ignore the latter as they seem to be quite happy with Star Wars right now. To bad Square-Enix and Disney won't let LEGO get near Kingdom Hearts.

LEGO competitor Mega Bloks has the Halo license for actual physical construction sets, so a LEGO Halo videogame is very very very unlikely (at least until Mega's license expires).

That said, Mega has some Disney stuff right now but LEGO will be doing Disney next year, so of course the license duration isn't a permanent barrier. I'd imagine the more "adult" skew of Halo is a more likely obstacle to ever seeing Halo sets (similarly, LEGO had licenses like Dora the Explorer and Spider-Man that got picked up by Mega, so...).

As for LEGO Evil Dead... yeah, it's fun to think about, but don't hold your breath waiting for that one. It's not going to happen. :p ;)

RedeemedChild

mr.kotcs said:
While we're at it, let's make lego versions of pirates of the carribean.
I've been campaigning for Lego POTC sets and a video game for at lest 3 years. I even e-mailed The Lego Group regarding POTC, Halo and the revival of the Lego classic's Johnny Thunder and LEGO Island 2.

The Drifter

I still say an Lego: Evil Dead would be the best game ever. I know it would never get made because the franchise is marketed toward the kiddies. But, how cool would it be to see the following in Lego form?

scene12.jpg

scene14.jpg

scene19.jpg

scene11.jpg

scene13.jpg

scene27.jpg

scene28.jpg

scene18.jpg

scene13.jpg

scene08.jpg

Also throw Within the Woods in as some bonus levels.