Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pistol Whipped said:
Not to debate semantics here, but I didn't insult anyone. Misrepresenting someone in print is libel. However, if there's an insult there, then I didn't say it - all I did was quote Nurhachi, and therefore the negativity is clearly stemming from his words and not mine.

You posted a picture of a jackass, man. You don't have a case.

Look, the incongruity you point out is a valid one. And if you go through the archives you'll find that the member in question has certainly not gone without criticism. (It's also worth noting clearly that the particular behavior of his that you had a problem with has nothing to do with the rules of the forum. Inconsistencies and strange priorities aren't exactly actionable offenses. As an aside: haunting the forum is fine, but you can't expect your criticism of folks here to be taken kindly if you appear as a newcomer, and with the amount we've had a chance to hear from you, that's likely how you will be perceived.)

Look, you did something insulting, he did something insulting. Both of your posts got deleted. Let's learn from this, fellas.

Oh, and for everyone, since there's been a fair amount of this going around: funny little pictures preceded by an equals sign really don't count as argument, whether you're pointing at a Ravener or KotCS or whatever. We only get rid of them when they're insulting to other members or when they're flat out offensive, but they just make you look like you're not willing to discuss things like reasonable human beings. And that just brings us all down.

Pistol Whipped

Oh yeah, well I had forgotten about the jackass part. lol! It looks like I wasn't the only one who made good points here... ;)

It's all well and good... back to it.

JP Jones

Does anyone have some videos or screenshots of their created levels? I've been trying to make a level based on the hovitos temple, and I'm looking for ideas. I wish I knew how to post videos so I could show you guys.:(

Attila the Professor

Staff member
JP Jones said:
Does anyone have some videos or screenshots of their created levels? I've been trying to make a level based on the hovitos temple, and I'm looking for ideas. I wish I knew how to post videos so I could show you guys.:(

Have you managed to make a video? Because uploading to youtube seems relatively simple.

At any rate, I don't, no. I don't find the (rather limited) level editor all that compelling, to be honest, although I'm sure that with some effort some worthwhile things can be managed with it.

UIMJ

Attila the Professor said:
Have you managed to make a video? Because uploading to youtube seems relatively simple.

At any rate, I don't, no. I don't find the (rather limited) level editor all that compelling, to be honest, although I'm sure that with some effort some worthwhile things can be managed with it.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a game update soon that patches for multiplayer. I'd be really surprised if they didn't patch a way to share levels too.

RedeemedChild

Nurhachi1991 said:
Don't get the DS version.

Does anyone know where to go on the console version after you buy the jungle cutter in KOTCS act 2?

What? But why not? You guys did not give me a good game play difference between the DS and PSP versions.

The first LEGO Indiana Jones game was far more enjoyable than the PSP version which was simply a complete duplicate of LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures on the bigger consoles like PS3 and Wii. The DS version was original and far more interesting.

So if you can't provide a better reason beside "don't get the DS version" you can rest assured that I will pick up the DS version of LEGO Indiana Jones 2 sooner or later.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
What? But why not? You guys did not give me a good game play difference between the DS and PSP versions.

The first LEGO Indiana Jones game was far more enjoyable than the PSP version which was simply a complete duplicate of LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures on the bigger consoles like PS3 and Wii. The DS version was original and far more interesting.

So if you can't provide a better reason beside "don't get the DS version" you can rest assured that I will pick up the DS version of LEGO Indiana Jones 2 sooner or later.

So did you ever play the full version? Because if not, I don't see why you'd want the alternate edition put out on the DS.

RedeemedChild

So did you ever play the full version? Because if not, I don't see why you'd want the alternate edition put out on the DS.

Well I played the first LEGO Indiana Jones TOA game on both the DS and PSP and the DS version was really nice while the PSP version was like the same game on the PS3.

BTW Lonesome I did look up info on the DS version of LEGO Indiana 2 TAC and was unable to find anything except for people on Yahoo Answers and who kept telling me it was "cool". People today don't seem to know how to actually give you an answer of substance. "Cool" does NOT tell me much regarding actual game play quality. I suppose I'll end up buying both the PSP and the DS version afterall.

BTW Lonsome Drifter, you're not an ass. You're a nice friend!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
Well I played the first LEGO Indiana Jones TOA game on both the DS and PSP and the DS version was really nice while the PSP version was like the same game on the PS3.

Speaking, my friend, of answers of substance...did you actually play the PS3/PC/full version, or is it an idle objection? Because so far I still can't tell.

Nurhachi1991

RedeemedChild said:

Well I dropped 30.00 bucks on it I hated it. I got the console version and I really like it.

DOnt listen to me than and waste your hard earned money:p

RedeemedChild

Speaking, my friend, of answers of substance...did you actually play the PS3/PC/full version, or is it an idle objection? Because so far I still can't tell.

I've played the PS3 version of LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. Not the PC version.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Well I dropped 30.00 bucks on it I hated it. I got the console version and I really like it.

DOnt listen to me than and waste your hard earned money

Thanks man.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
I've played the PS3 version of LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. Not the PC version.

Well, I mean, they're largely one and the same.

I suppose that changes things, then. Though I'd still argue that the second one offers a compellingly different enough version to give it a whirl, if possible.

RedeemedChild

Well, I mean, they're largely one and the same.

I suppose that changes things, then. Though I'd still argue that the second one offers a compellingly different enough version to give it a whirl, if possible.

Okay! Thank you Attila. I'll be sure to try the PC version than. BTW are you on Twitter?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
Okay! Thank you Attila. I'll be sure to try the PC version than. BTW are you on Twitter?

Fair enough. And nah, I'm not. Haven't found a compelling reason to do so yet, though I'm sure there's some things I'm missing on it - just maybe not enough of them.

chr0n0naut

Hi guys,

Thought I would ask this again since not one seemed to notice the first time. Has anyone had the xbox360 version of LEGO Indy 2 lock up on them.

The whole game freezes and requires a reboot of my elite. Am I alone in this?

It worries me as it could be my 360 but all my other games work fine. :confused:

The Tingler

If all of your other games are fine (TRY THEM NOW) and your 360 isn't acting oddly or freezing up, then there's probably something wrong with your game. Take it back and get a replacement.

michael

chr0n0naut said:
Hi guys,

Thought I would ask this again since not one seemed to notice the first time. Has anyone had the xbox360 version of LEGO Indy 2 lock up on them.

The whole game freezes and requires a reboot of my elite. Am I alone in this?

It worries me as it could be my 360 but all my other games work fine. :confused:

It's just the game. There have been many reports of the game freezing. I wouldn't worry about it.

chr0n0naut

The Tingler said:
If all of your other games are fine (TRY THEM NOW) and your 360 isn't acting oddly or freezing up, then there's probably something wrong with your game. Take it back and get a replacement.

Trust me, the amount I play MW2 and/or Halo I woulda noticed if it was my 360. The disc is virtually unscratched. :whip:

michael said:
It's just the game. There have been many reports of the game freezing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks. Was hoping someone would say that. :cool:

DocWhiskey

So I downloaded the 360 demo tonight and was a bit disappointed.

Not so much with the gameplay (I like what they did with the whip and gun), but the retelling of the opening of KOTCS. I'm all for taking liberties here and their, I thought the original Lego Indy did a good job with presenting the trilogy, but as an Indy faboy I guess, I thought the demo was a bit much.

The opening with Mac and Indy digging, Indy wearing his jacket throughout, Indy dragging that random guy with him throughout most of the scene, a giant robot blasting crates (?!), and no nuking the fridge? What the hell, man?! Imagine building the fridge out of legos as you hear the voice counting down to the bomb. What a missed opportunity.

Like I said, it was only the demo, but if the rest of the KotCS portion is that warped then this Indyfan isn't sold. And from what I've seen of the retelling of the retelling of the original trilogy that looks pretty strange too. Unneeded really.

Like I stated numerous times before: they should've waited a bit and just combined both games.