New video at the Official site

No Ticket

ResidentAlien said:
I hear how great Shia is at this or how wonderful Shia did that! Shia, Shia, Shia!

(n)

I didn't think it was such a bad thing they showed a feature on Shia, he is basically the second main character behind Indy. The video pumped me up for the film actually. Ford looked really cool in the suit with the fedora on. And I liked how Mutt will apparently be using a switch blade knife, that was kind of cool actually.

I also think, based on Ford's action in the Comic Con video... that him and Spielberg are trying to help promote Shia more than themselves because they are already huge stars and they need no such promotion at their age. That and it appeals and captures the younger audiences.

But really, I think these videos are not so dissimilar to the stuff I remember getting during the making of the SW prequels. Random vids that have to do with set design, stunt training, etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure the movie will trade off screen time between Shia and Ford as much as LC did for Connery and Ford. Well, I hope at least.

deckard24

All kidding aside about his "macho man" outfit, Shia looked to be handling himself really well in that video as far as the physical stuff is concerned. I'm sure his fencing skills will be linked to his jumping from one prep school to the next, as was mentioned in an earlier post. The switchblade angle is kind of cool in my opinion, and Labeouf seemed to be very convincing with it as far as the doc went! Lastly, I don't think the video is some major indication of Shia's prominence in the film, more so just another web doc like with the SW prequels.

I don't know if they'll make ones for Spalko, Marion, Mac, and Hurt's character, because they are going to want to keep the surprises for the film. If anything I could see a very generic one for Allen/Marion with a back on the set/family reunion angle, and maybe a brief one with Blanchett/Spalko talking about how much she loved Indy as a kid, and showing her in costume walking around on set.

scifiwolf

I liked the video, and its implications for Mutt in the movie. I like the fact that Shia took it upon himself to learn to use the knife, regardless that it wasn't going to be in the movie originally. As for the fencing, commontone said what I was going to. We've heard before that he has a background in academia, so he probably picked up fencing there. I think we'll still see some clumsiness and luck from him in the fight, but he won't totally be clueless.

GlasgowChivas

triklops said:
I hope the Shia-pulls-Indy scene won't be too ridiculous.... a la R2 can fly... Indy can skate being pulled by a motorbike...I hope my eyes got that wrong !?!

I thought that that clip was a 'before they shout action' clip - previous behind the scenes videos showed Ford jumping on to the back of the bike from a wooden platform - he was in effect surfing alongside the bike until he jumps - this means his jump is onto a stationary object rather than a moving one, which has more potential to be ****etted up :)

Also it seems pretty clear that the protestors are after Jones..

Indy4fan

GlasgowChivas said:
I thought that that clip was a 'before they shout action' clip - previous behind the scenes videos showed Ford jumping on to the back of the bike from a wooden platform - he was in effect surfing alongside the bike until he jumps - this means his jump is onto a stationary object rather than a moving one, which has more potential to be ****etted up :)

Also it seems pretty clear that the protestors are after Jones..
The protestors are Raven members LOL:whip:

GlasgowChivas

Indy4fan said:
The protestors are Raven members LOL:whip:

I thought the clips showed Shia in a good light - honoured to be a part of the production, working hard to bring something to the role and genuinely LIKED by Ford......which Josh Harnett will attest is no mean feat.

I'll reserve judgement until the film but I predict VERY good banter between Mutt and Indy and Shia being accepted by the rabid Fanboys on May 23rd