New video at the Official site

G-Man

xVendetta17x said:
I really don't think that the creatures are going to be giant
Moderalty sized, and of course it has to be CG because you can't really train those things
I kinda meant giant, relatively speaking. So yes, slightly larger than your average six legged creepy crawly...

inky_skin

-Jones- said:
BTW - Shia looks like a gay biker in one scene /where he wears a goofy cap/.

Are you kidding me ? That look is pure Brando. Have you never seen seminal biker/rebel movie "The Wild One" ? Shia's costuming fits right into the 50's context.

-Jones-

inky_skin said:
Are you kidding me ? That look is pure Brando. Have you never seen seminal biker/rebel movie "The Wild One" ? Shia's costuming fits right into the 50's context.

Of course I've seen these kind of movies ;). Nevertheless, Shia looks gay in this cap.

metalinvader

Not bad.A little to short though.Those were some pretty cool knife tricks Shia was using especially bouncing the knife on his boot.

MattJones

Finn said:
There ya go. Ripped from the site and re-encoded to a format WMP can play.

Thank you kindly, Finn!

All through watching this video, I couldn't help but find that I was as giddy as a schoolboy. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that I have no reservations about Shia being in this movie anymore.

Adamwankenobi

inky_skin said:

Exactly. Brando wasn't a gay biker. He was a bi biker. ;)

TheLastCrusader said:
You and your negative comments... No offence, but are you even a fan?

No, clearly I'm not a fan. Because, you know... fans are obligated to like every piece of **** Lucasfilm pulls out of its ass and slaps a trademark on.

barranca

Sorry about this, is it just me or does there seem very little reason or logic in a '50's biker' being able to 'fence'. The 'switchblade' I understand but fencing, especially being proficient enough to take on a seasoned pro, (which spalko clearly is, as she carries a sword, with the likely years of experience she has) just dosent ring true to me.
I can suspend my disbelief as well as the next person, but to just accept that Mutt is 'gifted with a rapier' is pushing it a lot, I feel several awkward, cringeworthy moments approaching.
Could this all be down to Lucas' love of sword play from the 'prequels' we wonder?
Or did the man say, ''well, Indy has the whip! his Son should have a gimmick too''.

Joe Brody

Sorry but the swords are ghey as well. I just don't see that working. And the switchblade is too cliche. The sad thing about the trailer and these videos is for everthing that looks good, there's something that's off.

Adamwankenobi said:
Exactly. Brando wasn't a gay biker. He was a bi biker. ;)

Ha! I was reading through the thread with every intention of making that exact post.

ResidentAlien said:
I hear how great Shia is at this or how wonderful Shia did that! Shia, Shia, Shia!

(n)

Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Adamwankenobi

barranca said:
Sorry about this, is it just me or does there seem very little reason or logic in a '50's biker' being able to 'fence'. The 'switchblade' I understand but fencing, especially being proficient enough to take on a seasoned pro, (which spalko clearly is, as she carries a sword, with the likely years of experience she has) just dosent ring true to me.
I can suspend my disbelief as well as the next person, but to just accept that Mutt is 'gifted with a rapier' is pushing it a lot, I feel several awkward, cringeworthy moments approaching.
Could this all be down to Lucas' love of sword play from the 'prequels' we wonder?
Or did the man say, ''well, Indy has the whip! his Son should have a gimmick too''.

Well, it's not very practical for Indy to wear a leather jacket in a rainforest either. But he does. And he always assumes he's going to need a whip and revolver everywhere he goes. And... he does. :p

barranca

Adamwankenobi said:
Well, it's not very practical for Indy to wear a leather jacket in a rainforest either. But he does. And he always assumes he's going to need a whip and revolver everywhere he goes. And... he does. :p
We arent really talking about ''clothes'' are we. I WAS referring to Mutt having the abillity to fence, it isnt something one just 'picks up'. I promise you. If someone were to pick up a foil and brandish it at someone with experience, they wouldn't last long.
The whip and gun Indy has used since his teens, if Mutt has trained in fencing, something that of course is commonplace in the education system (ha!) then fine, Ok, I can live with that.
I do doubt that though.

triklops

I hope the Shia-pulls-Indy scene won't be too ridiculous.... a la R2 can fly... Indy can skate being pulled by a motorbike...I hope my eyes got that wrong !?!

Adamwankenobi

barranca said:
We arent really talking about ''clothes'' are we. I WAS referring to Mutt having the abillity to fence, it isnt something one just 'picks up'. I promise you. If someone were to pick up a foil and brandish it at someone with experience, they wouldn't last long.
The whip and gun Indy has used since his teens, if Mutt has trained in fencing, something that of course is commonplace in the education system (ha!) then fine, Ok, I can live with that.
I do doubt that though.

We won't know the details of the Mutt character until the film is released. Maybe he has had training. But I don't see the big deal with it anyway. There are a lot of unrealistic elements to the IJ films, so this never really crossed my mind. Compared to a magic cup that grants eternal life and makes bullet wounds disappear, I don't think swordfighting is a biggie. ;)

bergstrom

I'm not really into the whole fencing thing, why doesn't Indy just shoot Spalko or have Shia just pick up a rock and stone her. Easy.

And am I the only one worrying that the swords could actually be turned into lightsabers in post production? Nah, it's probablu just me.

On a serious note, for the love of God, hurry up with the marion webdoc will ya. And can we make these webdocs longer. Some of the SW Ep3 webdocs hit over 4 mins and didn't give the plot away.

berg

commontone

Nobody ever seems to reference it anymore, but didn't the kids book that was on Amazon UK say something about Mutt like..."bouncing from one prep school to another" because he's too much of a rebel.

Most prep schools have a course structure similar to college..hence the "prepatory" part of it. And most major colleges have fencing programs. The UW-Madison where I live has it; UM-Twin Cities where I went to school had it. And certainly the Ivy League schools have fencing.

So if Mutt was indeed bouncing from prep school to prep school, he could easily have experience fencing. And given his penchant for the switchblade, it's not a stretch at all, since he apparently has a thing for blade fighting (he is a greaser).

They're not just going to have Mutt pick up a sword and be an expert out of thin air with no explanation. He almost certainly picked it up at prep school, and that will probably be referenced somehow.

lynchpin

Shia =/= Zorro

Who says he's gifted? Lucky, maybe. Making it up as he goes? Probably.

For example, getting an actor trained to handle firearms doesn't mean the character will be a good shot.

Just because Shia's getting some sword skills doesn't mean his character will suddenly wield some Errol Flynn magic with the pointy things.

barranca said:
The 'switchblade' I understand but fencing, especially being proficient enough to take on a seasoned pro, (which spalko clearly is, as she carries a sword, with the likely years of experience she has) just dosent ring true to me. I can suspend my disbelief as well as the next person, but to just accept that Mutt is 'gifted with a rapier' is pushing it a lot...