NO Gun for Indy??? Is it official?

tnswman said:
GUYS and GALS You are missing the point.. .Indy has already appeared in the 1950's WITHOUT the Gun....In The Mystery of the BLUES...It's clear as day..( even on the youtube video ) However, that did NOT keep him from using a gun at the end.

So, I think this is just part of Indy in the 50's He will use one I'm sure but he won't wear one.

I'm about ready to put money on it because NOTHING we have seen shows the holster and we have seen enough Promo stuff to be able to tell if you ask me (SDCC book and video)

Oh wow, quite the conspiracy theory--yes, Spielberg and Lucas had this clearly thought out all the way back in 1992... no gun for Indy in the 50s! Ah yes! Makes sense! They knew all along that they'd wait 19 years to make a 4th film just so they could have Indy with no gun in the 50s! So clearly premeditated! :rolleyes:

No Ticket

This is a pretty stupid topic. Of course Indy will use a gun. Whether or not you've seen a picture of him with it in the like, 3 or 4 photos of Harrison on the set doesn't mean diddly. Yeah, diddly.

There's at least one scene in every Indy movie that prominently displays the use of the gun. Like Raiders (he shoots the swordsman), TOD (the car chase), LC (horseback tank chasing fun)... not to mention he blasts away Nazis with a machine gun.

They're not going to take it out now. People are gonna probably shoot at Indy so I imagine he'll have a gun at some point or another. You gotta give Spielberg more credit than that. Get over the E.T. thing.

Chill people.

tnswman

No Ticket said:
This is a pretty stupid topic. Of course Indy will use a gun. Whether or not you've seen a picture of him with it in the like, 3 or 4 photos of Harrison on the set doesn't mean diddly. Yeah, diddly.

There's at least one scene in every Indy movie that prominently displays the use of the gun. Like Raiders (he shoots the swordsman), TOD (the car chase), LC (horseback tank chasing fun)... not to mention he blasts away Nazis with a machine gun.

They're not going to take it out now. People are gonna probably shoot at Indy so I imagine he'll have a gun at some point or another. You gotta give Spielberg more credit than that. Get over the E.T. thing.

Chill people.

WOW!! it's obvious you did not read any of this LOL!

We ALL AGREE that he will USE a GUN.. But in the 50's Indy probably will NOT CARRY A GUN as a part of his costume.

UhmmmmmAs far as if it was pre-determined....Why would it have to be decided in the 80's? What dioes that have to do with it? Maybe SS & GL do not want their hero to wear a gun now....That does not mean that he will not USE one.. I know that is a HARD concept to understand but there is a difference ;) LOL!

CaliforniaJones

The ComiCon vide got me worried about this. Somebody went through the trouble of attaching the whip to his web belt, when they could have just strapped on his holster/belt/whip holder. I had a 10' bullwhip, I would not want it hanging on my hip supported only by a web belt. Indy's gun is part of who he is(even if it is just visually with the look of the holster/belt). Indy is "cautious". Who would go out into a Nazi/Thugee/Communist infested world without a gun? I can understand if he loses it or it is taken from him at some point in the movie, but it needs to be there. If it is absent with no good explanation, then it just wreaks of anti-gun sentiment. As for YIJC MOB, no disrespect but it is not canon. I refuse to believe that Indy turned into a wussy in his older years, and is afraid of guns.

Mike00spy

So, when the film comes out are we all going to take credit or blame for all of these wild speculations? Really, we've had multiple pages about missing props and costumes and comfort. We do not know either way until some either reads the script or has seen the finished film.

I'm sure we can find better topics to get extreme in the nit-picking.

joelwatts

Everybody has missed the most obvious source of information on this topic- set photos and clips from the previous films. To be comparable, they have to be of Indy on the set, but not acting in the middle of a scene (of course he'd have his gun then).

I haven't looked at everything, but quickly looked through the "making of" feature on the DVDs. I found one on-set clip from Raiders, where some set person is putting the holster around Harrison's waist. He already has the bag and whip on, so you might assume the prop master brought out the gun right before shooting the scene.

I think it is quite plausible for Indy to have the whip and bag on in the ComicCon video, but not the holster. The apperently had a special place set up to shoot the video. They probably wanted to Ford to look as "Indy" as possible, so they had the whip, etc. But it's quite possible that the prop master or weapons master had the pistol at a location that made it inconvenient to have for the video.

tnswman

Mike00spy said:
So, when the film comes out are we all going to take credit or blame for all of these wild speculations? Really, we've had multiple pages about missing props and costumes and comfort. We do not know either way until some either reads the script or has seen the finished film.

I'm sure we can find better topics to get extreme in the nit-picking.

Dude, It's a forum about a fictional character...He can stand up to the nit-picking.. .what else do we have to do?

Vendetta08

jeenkies now that i thunk about it i thunk it is oficial that indinan will not have teh gun but o while thats to bad maybe he wil n the nex movie!

No Ticket

tnswman said:
WOW!! it's obvious you did not read any of this LOL!

We ALL AGREE that he will USE a GUN.. But in the 50's Indy probably will NOT CARRY A GUN as a part of his costume.

UhmmmmmAs far as if it was pre-determined....Why would it have to be decided in the 80's? What dioes that have to do with it? Maybe SS & GL do not want their hero to wear a gun now....That does not mean that he will not USE one.. I know that is a HARD concept to understand but there is a difference ;) LOL!

WOW!!! It's obvious you didn't get that I mean, YES, he will carry a gun! LOL ;)

San Holo

The gun and flap holster are just as important to Indy's character as the bag and whip. I really think Indy will be strapped with his trusty Smith & Wesson because we all "know what a careful guy" he is.

JimmyPSHayes

Man, what a heated debate!!! I'm throwing my hat in the "he'll have one, just not in the promo pics" camp. I don't think SS has gone THAT soft!! :D

indy34

I've only read a about 5 of the posts above but some one has probably already mentioned this but when they did that broad cast at com icon or what ever the hell its called Indy had his whip in his other belt and there was no leather belt or holster so maybe but I don't think Indy would go without his gun:confused:

Finn

Staff member
JimmyPSHayes said:
Man, what a heated debate!!! I'm throwing my hat in the "he'll have one, just not in the promo pics" camp. I don't think SS has gone THAT soft!! :D
Actually, according to the recent rumor, Spielberg opted that instead of gun, Indy will be carrying a Swiss Army knife...