No Shia for Indy

sarah navarro

SZNUR said:
indyshredsyn8ww4.jpg

Only INDY can play guitar and kick commies a$$
yah!!!!!!
haha ,that shia indy marion thing in the truck is awesome!

deckard24

JerryKing said:
Another set of photographic reasons - trying to act tough:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/01/06/shia-labeouf-shotgun/

I really cannot recall such an unintentionally hilarious sight in a film since cringing at C. Thomas Howell's attempt to play a film noir detective in some movie that he also directed in the 90s...

(Harrison Ford never had to try, by the way... he just switched the range)
Yeah, I don't know if he's ready yet for the role of a badass. He's still such a kid. Ford didn't start playing that role until he was in his 30's, so Shia needs another 10 years or so of maturing before he can play tough! You watch Ford in all his roles, and he's never unconvincing. He always comes across as a seasoned vet. at whatever it is he's doing, whether firing a gun, riding a motorcycle, or flying a plane!

I've used the comparison before, but Shia reminds me a lot of a young John Cusack, who didn't take on a role with serious action until Grosse Pointe Blank(when he was in his 30's), and even then it was a comedy! There's too much of a rush in Hollywood, to push young actors into roles they aren't ready for. I'd say give him another 5 years at least before he plays the role of a hardass! Just my two cents though.
LaBeouf_HG011960_150x200.jpg
FILM_SHIA_LABEOUF.jpg
shia2.png
johncusack.jpg
Cusack19.jpg
Cusack7.jpg

Miss_Jones

deckard24 said:
I've used the comparison before, but Shia reminds me a lot of a young John Cusack, who didn't take on a role with serious action until Grosse Pointe Blank(when he was in his 30's), and even then it was a comedy! There's too much of a rush in Hollywood, to push young actors into roles they aren't ready for. I'd say give him another 5 years at least before he plays the role of a hardass! Just my two cents though.

I had never noticed the similarity with John Cusack! I like Shia but he is of course NEVER in the same league as Harrison... Definitely not an action hero. In fact my favorite Shia expression is «amazed/scared» which is basically his expression during the whole movie Transformers, LOL :rolleyes: and when he says «you're a teacher?!» in the trailer :p . After seeing the trailer I don't think his character is presented as a potencial replacement.

What Truck?

Narrative Purpose of Shia's Character

I feel that Shia's character was added to the script to:

1. Provide a link to the Indy character for a younger generation

2. Act as the voice of the audience concerning an older Indy. I mean, it has been 20 years since everyone's favorite Doctor has been on the big screen, so there are bound to be some changes. I believe Shia's character will help ease that tension by providing both humor concerning Indy's age as well as amazement over how much @ss he can still kick.:whip:

Indy_Chic

What Truck? said:
I feel that Shia's character was added to the script to:

1. Provide a link to the Indy character for a younger generation

2. Act as the voice of the audience concerning an older Indy. I mean, it has been 20 years since everyone's favorite Doctor has been on the big screen, so there are bound to be some changes. I believe Shia's character will help ease that tension by providing both humor concerning Indy's age as well as amazement over how much @ss he can still kick.:whip:

Those are good points! I think that would make Shia's character quite an interesting one overall in the series.:)

A_True_Believer

MovieLover152 said:

Maybe Tinker Bell helps Indy find the Crystal Skull in this one?;)

That's a great grab from the trailer. Do you have a version without the fairy? :)

Also, I noticed that there is broken glass on the sled next to Indy. This leads me to believe that this part of the fight happens after the scene in the trailer where Indy kicks the Russian through the window.

God'sRadio

Yes, it's a reverse angle on the scene where Indy boots the guy through the control room window. A few second later - Indy on his return swing must land on the rocket sled (which is where he is in that screen grab)

A_True_Believer

Moedred said:
Thanks, but I've never posted there in my life. Don't know how.

Ah. In that case, you still have my gratitude for posting the link.

So who is the creator? I'm guessing it's someone who has read this thread (unless it's one heck of a coincidence). Please come forward to receive praise from your peers! ;)

Gear

Wuh the.......

I have to say that "Shia" looks really good as a greaser. (y)

Sometimes I wish I had been born around 1945 so I could have been a grease rock n' roller. :cool:

Michael24

Hey, the picture of Shia is different now.

In any event, I think Shia would have been cool in a Wolf Man remake. Too bad they got Benicio del Toro instead. :(

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
You guys just don't know when to quit on making fun of him, do ya? :rolleyes: Fanboy jealousy perhaps? :p