• 26 - 35

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • 36- 49

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • 50 +

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

fedoraboy

There is a lot of talk about this film being most popular among young kids, with it's allegedly toned down violence and cheesy humour most poular among the very young, while being off putting to many, older, fans of the original movies.

So, this poll is ONLY for those that really like or love the movie...how old are you?

Foxy Oxley

I'm 38, saw it twice. Loved it both times.

Frankly, there was less *****ing from SW fans when Phantom Menace came out.

I find the whining on this board about this movie childish and foolish.

Benraianajones

I am almost 22, and have viewed all the films over and over since I was small, so my entire life has been about Indy. I hated the SW prequels, and when they came out, they were pretty much directed at my age range.

Foxy Oxley said:
I'm 38, saw it twice. Loved it both times.

Frankly, there was less *****ing from SW fans when Phantom Menace came out.

I find the whining on this board about this movie childish and foolish.

Yes! How childish to think independently and critically! How dare people have a mind of their own! At last someone understands how foolish all this hate is!

Be mature; like the new movie without compromise!

Benraianajones

ResidentAlien said:
Yes! How childish to think independently and critically! How dare people have a mind of their own! At last someone understands how foolish all this hate is!

Be mature; like the new movie without compromise!

Oxley wasn't saying it is childish to have your own opinion, but that is simply is to keep whining on about it as some do.

Benraianajones said:
Oxley wasn't saying it is childish to have your own opinion, but that is simply is to keep whining on about it as some do.

Yes. So then it's also childish to say how much you like the film... if you keep harping on about it as you do.

;)

No, it's not childish either way and it's stupid to say so. Opinion is fine and discussion is fine. It's those that try and censor one way or another that guilty of being "childish."

Benraianajones

ResidentAlien said:
Yes. So then it's also childish to say how much you like the film... if you keep harping on about it as you do.

;)

No, it's not childish either way and it's stupid to say so. Opinion is fine and discussion is fine. It's those that try and censor one way or another that guilty of being "childish."

Well, not really, since it is an Indiana Jones fan site, and fans tend to harp on about what they like, since they are fans. And no one has said discussing likes/dislikes is bad - people have just stated that people that keep whining why they don't like it or stating other indivduals "should not like it", with no real detail are annoying (especially so when they spend more time doing that, as opposed to putting their minds in to interesting posts, which would be nice to read, regarding the trilogy they do love - on the original trilogy forum).

Last edited:

Indy&HanFan

i'm 13 and i liked it. i've seen it 2 times now. it would have had been extremely terrible for me not to like since a such a big indy fan. it wasn't my favorite or anything, but i still liked it.

Benraianajones said:
Well, not really, since it is an Indiana Jones fan site, and fans tend to harp on about what they like, since they are fans. And no one has said discussing likes/dislikes is bad - people have just stated that people that keep whining why they don't like it or stating other indivduals "should not like it", with no real detail are annoying (especially so when they spend more time doing that, as opposed to putting their minds in to interesting posts, which would be nice to read, regarding the trilogy they do love - on the original trilogy forum).

And so what? One must not be a fan if they'd prefer to discuss how they disliked it?

Man, this argument has been around since the damned film hit and you guys still don't seem to get it; it's a movie. It will be discussed favorably or poorly and it's not for anyone to call it wrong one way or another.

Benraianajones

ResidentAlien said:
And so what? One must not be a fan if they'd prefer to discuss how they disliked it?

Man, this argument has been around since the damned film hit and you guys still don't seem to get it; it's a movie. It will be discussed favorably or poorly and it's not for anyone to call it wrong one way or another.

Erm nope..I stated in my last post fans of Indy that dislike it are welcome to DISCUSS why..but it is the whinging with no discussion and small jibes in every thread that gets boring. I am agreeing with you, if you didn't notice...

Last edited:
Benraianajones said:
Erm nope..I stated in my last post fans of Indy that dislike it are welcome to DISCUSS why..but it is the whinging with no discussion and small jibes in every thread that gets boring. I am agreeing with you, if you didn't notice...

Like this thread for instance--How old are you if you like the movie. Very thoughtful topic, eh?

No, we aren't agreeing and you don't seem to see why.