Votes: 27 28.4%
  • 36- 49

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • 50 +

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Benraianajones

ResidentAlien said:
Like this thread for instance--How old are you if you like the movie. Very thoughtful topic, eh?

No, we aren't agreeing and you don't seem to see why.

This topic is not to segregate people that dislike CS to the ones that do..it is to see the age range of people on here that DO enjoy the movie, since it has been implied often only kids enjoy it. Not to "outcast" people that do not enjoy it. The thread isn't unthoughtful at all. It is made out of interest. Why would Indiana fans that do not like CS want to vote in a poll that is about ones "age/enjoyment"? Oddly enough, if a thread was made called "How old are you if you don't like CS" - I would not vote - as it does not apply.

We are agreeing...you are making a disagreement from nothing. I have said a few times now. Indiana fans that don't like CS = welcome to discuss why here. However, ones that do not discuss, but simply drop jibes and silly things in threads - not a discussion = therefore not interesting to read.

Benraianajones said:
This topic is not to segregate people that dislike CS to the ones that do..it is to see the age range of people on here that DO enjoy the movie, since it has been implied often only kids enjoy it. Not to "outcast" people that do not enjoy it. The thread isn't unthoughtful at all. It is made out of interest. Why would Indiana fans that do not like CS want to vote in a poll that is about ones "age/enjoyment"? Oddly enough, if a thread was made called "How old are you if you don't like CS" - I would not vote - as it does not apply.

We are agreeing...you are making a disagreement from nothing. I have said a few times now. Indiana fans that don't like CS = welcome to discuss why here. However, ones that do not discuss, but simply drop jibes and silly things in threads - not a discussion = therefore not interesting to read.

You aren't getting it--these pointless vapid threads of "I love Indy 4" are no different than what you deem vapid hatred of the film. If you tolerate one, tolerate both.

Benraianajones

It isn't a pointless thread of "love" - it is seeing what age range on this forum liked the film. It isn't hard to grasp.

A thread to see ones age/enjoyment ratio, holds more interest, than childish jibes and comments in threads rendering nothing but hate. However, discussions where fans that dont like KOTCS discuss why (without being childish) = enjoyable to read. There is a difference between accepting/tolerating a thread with some form of answer/knowledge factor (just what are the ages of peoplethat enjoyed it) as opposed to in a thread simply stating "indy sux" or "do not like it".

Bar chart of info as opposed to topics of hate and no info = not even the same thing. (Unless the comments of dislike were stated well, with reasons and explinations as to why, then that info, would be interesting).

Last edited:

fedoraboy

Benraianajones said:
if a thread was made called "How old are you if you don't like CS" - I would not vote - as it does not apply.

I suppose a separate 'How old are you if you hate KOTCS' thread would be useful in addressing the question this thread is attempting to answer. Currently, the majority of people who like the movie, according to this thread, are older (late 20's,early 30's), but perhaps this is skewered because of the mean age of Raven members. How many under 20's, and under 10's even, frequent here? i've no idea, and I'm sure we have some younger members, but I have a feeling this sort of poll would be shaping up quite differently if run elsewhere, the imdb for example...

Darth Vile

ResidentAlien said:
You aren't getting it--these pointless vapid threads of "I love Indy 4" are no different than what you deem vapid hatred of the film. If you tolerate one, tolerate both.

I agree that you can't have one without the other... But saying that, I think it's an interesting exercise to see if those who liked KOTCS are from a certain age demographic (and visa versa for those who disliked it). It may prove fruitless, but I understood Benraianajones' approach.

Agent Z

I think it's a fun thread, but like all these minority/majority polls, it's erred in that we don't know how weighted it is.

Do we have an equal mix of age groups at the forum? I am banking that most members are 25 and under, a lesser group getting into the 30's...and that we have just a few above 50 years of age.

So, it's not the most scientifically sound survey, but interesting and fun to do all the same.

Benraianajones

Oh definitley it would - but we are seeing the age range of people here that enjoy it right? Not trying to get the entire world populations age range, so even if younger ones do not frequent here is much, is not entirley important (though would be useful). Not important in the sense, it is just interesting to know what the age range of the fans that ejoy the movie that frequent this forum, are. However, this is obviously not a totally accurate way to do things. But it is for fun..right?

fedoraboy

Agent Z said:
I am banking that most members are 25 and under, a lesser group getting into the 30's.

If that is the case, then the poll is shaping up more interesting than i would have anticpated, with a significantly older fanbase enjoying the movie, contrary to the 'it's OK for the kids' suggestions we've been hearing. As i said above, I'd assume that the demographic here was maybe slightly older, but admittedly there has been an influx of new, probabaly younger, members in the past few months who've more than likely come here on the back of KOTCS.

Benraianajones

To be honest, you could assume most children enjoy the film - and the topic would still be interesting to read. Afterall, it is interesting to see what the age range of the "older" people are that enjoy it.

fedoraboy

Benraianajones said:
But it is for fun..right?

Of course, and being an older fan of the movie myself, it's good to see that others of my age group enjoy it. It's not the best in the series but it's the best action adventure movie I've seen in some time.

Foxy Oxley

Seems I've ticked off the sites resident curmudgeon. Bet he was one of those kids who screamed at his parents when they finally told him there was no Santa Claus.

Think critically, think objectively, but remember, its a movie. If you spend all your time on negative things such as a movie that let you down then you have deeper issues you need to deal with mister alien.

Foxy Oxley said:
Seems I've ticked off the sites resident curmudgeon. Bet he was one of those kids who screamed at his parents when they finally told him there was no Santa Claus.

Think critically, think objectively, but remember, its a movie. If you spend all your time on negative things such as a movie that let you down then you have deeper issues you need to deal with mister alien.

Thanks Doc Freud. Next session same time next week?

...***hole.

Foxy Oxley

ResidentAlien said:
Thanks Doc Freud. Next session same time next week?

...***hole.

Ah, the internet tough guy. Every board has one.

InternetToughGuy.jpg

Reminds me of that saying "Never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Thats ok though, your obvious hatred of a summer popcorn movie has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that you are much smarter then I am, and your quick and witty retorts are too much for me to handle so I'll bid you good day sir.

Foxy Oxley said:
Ah, the internet tough guy. Every board has one.

Reminds me of that saying "Never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Thats ok though, your obvious hatred of a summer popcorn movie has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that you are much smarter than I am, and your quick and witty retorts are too much for me to handle so I'll bid you good day sir.

The sweet smell of irony.

*Also, made the necessary corrections.

Indy~Annie

in the next 2 months will be 16.

ive been a Harrison Ford/Indy Jones fan for about 6 years.:eek:

i know short.well i could be an Indy fan for 11 years....cause i loved it when i was 6.:)

then i seen Harrison ford (heaven music plays.lol) :)