• 26 - 35

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • 36- 49

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • 50 +

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Mickiana

I turned 40 4 days before CS came out. I saw Raiders when I was 13 on the big screen and was blown away. I live to see another Raiders-esque movie made but I don't think it will be, but ToD, LC and CS are definitely worthy follow-ups. I can understand why people are let down with CS but I don't agree with them. Raiders set the bar so high we are going to be let down unless something on par with Raiders is made. I think deep down in us is a prejudice led by the superiority of Raiders, but we have to let that go, at least as movie goers. The forces that go into making a movie - creative, economical and political - are tremendous and are probably beyond most fans ability to grasp them, mainly through inexperience. I think the way to purge this dissatisfaction with subsequent Indy flicks is to get our own inspiration and creative juices flowing and write stories and scripts that, at our amateur level, don't need to compromise. Who knows, they could even end up as a film.

I'm 25, and I've been a huge Indy fan since I was 5 and saw Temple of Doom (sans the heart ripping scene, which my brother fast forwarded through). As I've gotten older, I appreciate different aspects of the movies. That said, I was mildly disappointed with some parts of KOTCS, but overall, I really liked it both times I saw it.

Zorg

I'm 28 and I was giddy as schoolboy while watching KotCS. And also while waiting for it, mind you. :D

Legendary Times

Foxy Oxley said:
Ah, the internet tough guy. Every board has one.

Reminds me of that saying "Never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Thats ok though, your obvious hatred of a summer popcorn movie has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that you are much smarter then I am, and your quick and witty retorts are too much for me to handle so I'll bid you good day sir.

BEST reply. ...EVER! Hands down. :hat:

Foxy Oxley

ResidentAlien said:
The sweet smell of irony.

*Also, made the necessary corrections.

Internet rule number 1 - When you lose an argument, ALWAYS correct spelling and grammar mistakes. It soothes the sting of defeat.

Foxy Oxley said:
Internet rule number 1 - When you lose an argument, ALWAYS correct spelling and grammar mistakes. It soothes the sting of defeat.

Internet Rule Number 2:

When you lose an argument, always say you're done, only to come back and say something else stupid.

Woah, a 38 year old child. Awesome.

Foxy Oxley

ResidentAlien said:
Internet Rule Number 2:

When you lose an argument, always say you're done, only to come back and say something else stupid.

Ah thats cute, you're trying to keep up with me. I have a duckling like you. No matter how little forward movement he makes those little legs just keep on a paddlin'. Keep trying. You're a trooper!

Finn

Staff member
Children, Uncle Finn is very, very unhappy about what's he's seeing here...

Crack that whip

I turned 40 two days ago, about a month after taking my parents to see it; they're in their early 60s. We all enjoy the previous Indy movies and this one as well, though I should note they're not "fans" the way we are - more what one might term casual fans, perhaps.

martinland

Agent Z said:
I'm 36..and you can put me into the "Really Liked It!" group. :whip:
Put me in there too and add two years... ;)

Today was my fifth visit to the movie theater!
Became a bit nostalgic/misty-eyed at the very end of the credits during the finale of the music followed by the Paramount logo... ...thought of it as the last time to experience Indy on the big screen (in a nice old film palace to boot: with curtains, balcony, you name it).

But never say never again...

Last edited: