Opening Shot/Reveal

Nerdpants

After the big mountain or whatever they decide to go with, I wonder where we will begin.

Present day in the 60s or something from WW2.

Except for TOD, the opening scene has been outside during the day.

I would prefer our first reintroduction to Indy be with an unpopulated Harrison Ford rather than a deaged one.

emtiem

Because of the way LC opened I feel like we're more likely to see the scene in the 40s first and then skip forward to the 'present day', but who knows.

Nerdpants

Yes, even though it's not my preference, it would make sense for the opening to be set in the past and then flash forward to present day.

JoeM

Because of the way LC opened I feel like we're more likely to see the scene in the 40s first and then skip forward to the 'present day', but who knows.
I agree. My best guess is we get the action piece from the 1940s with a de-aged Ford as the opening. Which will lead into 1960s Indy looking grumpy as we find him at his retirement celebration, he begrudgingly accepts his gold watch (clock?) shakes a few hands and steps outside to get some air. He's hating his stage in life and wants nothing to do with 'retirement' - he misses the excitement from his 'old life' and his old friends.

Then, out of nowhere some mishap occurs and he's thrown into a situation where he quickly gets over his head and on the run. And the adventure begins.

Yure

He's hating his stage in life and wants nothing to do with 'retirement' - he misses the excitement from his 'old life' and his old friends.

Then, out of nowhere some mishap occurs and he's thrown into a situation where he quickly gets over his head and on the run. And the adventure begins.
That's basically the role of Harrison Ford in Blade Runner 2049 😁

Randy_Flagg

If time is a theme of the movie (as has been speculated), I could imagine the opening sequence ending with a de-aged Indy saying something to Toby Jones’s character like, “Hey, relax, will you? We have all the time in the world…”, then there’s a transition to the 1969 retirement celebration where we hear the dean making a speech saying, “As your time here draws to a close…” and we see Indy looking a lot older and less chipper than he did just a moment ago in 1945.

Gobi-1

P

Paramount is not making or distributing the film.

Under the arrangement, Disney gains distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining the ownership rights it secured when it acquired Lucasfilm.

Paramount will continue to be responsible for distribution of the first four films in the franchise and
will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

Disney also had to buy the rights from Paramount to market and release “The Avengers” and “Iron Man 3,” which earned Paramount a considerable sum in return.
----------------------------------

The Avengers and Iron Man 3, although owned and distributed by Disney, both featured the Paramount Logo in the film, the marketing and home video releases. I believe we'll see a similar arrangement with Indy 5 and the Paramount Logo will be used in conjunction with the film.

IM3-Billing-Block.jpg

Kot-CS-Billing-Block.jpg

The billing will probably change from Paramount Pictures Presents A Lucasfilm LTD Production A Steven Spielberg Film to something like Steven Spielberg Presents A Lucasfilm LTD Production in Association with Paramount Pictures A James Mangold Film

If Paramount is going to be making money off of Indy 5 they're going to put their name and logo on it. They'd be foolish otherwise since they still control the distribution rights to the first four films.

Ender

Here's a thought: they add a mountain to the Lucasfilm logo just for this one film to make the opening shot work.

HiddenTemple

60s jazz/smoke club in NY would be cool! With some era appropriate music. Maybe a “new” 60s style fedora!?
It could be similar to ToD at the nightclub but 60s. What do you think of a 60s montage with swinger party reference? Also a new fedora would be cool addition

Nerdpants

I agree with you @Face_Palm that the Disney castle is unlikely to appear because it doesn't for Star Wars.

That said.. I don't think there is anything to stop Disney doing ehatever it wants. It's there property so they can put the castle at the front should they so desire.

So I don't think it can be 100% ruled out due to the precedence of another acquired works.

Face_Melt

I agree with you @Face_Palm that the Disney castle is unlikely to appear because it doesn't for Star Wars.

That said.. I don't think there is anything to stop Disney doing ehatever it wants. It's there property so they can put the castle at the front should they so desire.

So I don't think it can be 100% ruled out due to the precedence of another acquired works.
I just don’t think they would want to. It’s not a Disney studios film. To have it there would be a lie lol.

Gobi-1

Under the arrangement, Disney gains distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining the ownership rights it secured when it acquired Lucasfilm.

Paramount will continue to be responsible for distribution of the first four films in the franchise and
will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

Disney also had to buy the rights from Paramount to market and release “The Avengers” and “Iron Man 3,” which earned Paramount a considerable sum in return.
----------------------------------

The Avengers and Iron Man 3, although owned and distributed by Disney, both featured the Paramount Logo in the film, the marketing and home video releases. I believe we'll see a similar arrangement with Indy 5 and the Paramount Logo will be used in conjunction with the film.

IM3-Billing-Block.jpg

Kot-CS-Billing-Block.jpg

The billing will probably change from Paramount Pictures Presents A Lucasfilm LTD Production A Steven Spielberg Film to something like Steven Spielberg Presents A Lucasfilm LTD Production in Association with Paramount Pictures A James Mangold Film

If Paramount is going to be making money off of Indy 5 they're going to put their name and logo on it. They'd be foolish otherwise since they still control the distribution rights to the first four films.

Paramount Logo on the poster! Interesting that Disney is on the poster as well. A new winkle since they never put it in the billing blocks for their Star Wars films.

IJ_DOD_Payoff_1-Sht_v4_lg.jpg

Nerdpants

So if Paramount is on the poster.. does that mean their is a chance we will get the dissolve on the opening shot?

I imagine it would take a lot of convincing of the Disney executives from Mangold to convince them to let him have that..