Phoebe Waller-Bridge

emtiem

It's a good hero name; way better than 'Mutt Williams'! :)

Three-syllables, one-syllable. One-syllable surnames are often nice and punchy for your heroes.

The Man

I'm not overly-familiar with her, to be honest. How would such a script have panned out?

It’s certainly not Waller-Bridge’s fault that the goofiness of the movie gets in the way of her performance really being everything you’d hope. She looks alive and romps through it. But it feels like a missed opportunity for her, in a role that’s not far from clicking rather well: maybe her own writing skills should have been harnessed sooner or more extensively, to iron out the problems?

emtiem

It does seem to be a bit of a repeated criticism that the script is a touch free of the sparkling dialogue it needs, and also that her performance is a real highlight of the film. I've seen several reviews comment on how good she is.

Certainly sounds like they could have done with her giving it a polish (although I guess we don't know for sure if she didn't).

DARTH ZOIDBERG

I think Dial Of Destiny is a very underrated movie, it's right up there with the first three Indy movies! And I loved Phoebe Waller-Bridge she was fantastic in this her acting her sarcastic nature comedic timing she was charming sweet and had a glow and a twinkle in her eyes! Besides Harrison she was the best part of the movie and I would love to see her headline future Indiana Jones movies! I still can't get over the flak this movie is getting still to this day although I think the fans generally liked it but the media hated it mostly for the time travel aspect because they had no idea of the time travel the first time they saw it. Most Fanboys like us new of the time travel because we followed production so it wasn't big news or a shock to us!

michael

Yeah she was good.

I was under the assumption people enjoyed the time travel part (even the so-called haters)

antonb

Phoebe was the best thing about the movie I agree. Problem is the movie was a terrible Indiana Jones movie.

Forbidden Eye

After roughly a year of reflection later I think Phoebe Waller-Bridge did a good job bringing Helena to life. Helena Shaw was a more interesting character than Rey was, as she had faults, she wasn’t perfect(or a “Mary Sue” as is the popular phrase these days) but she had good chemistry with Indy and had some interesting depth to her. Her theme of course was the best music John Williams did for the movie.

I certainly don’t need to post the picture showing Indy saved her more times in DoD than she did Indy.

Ultimately I don’t quite think she’s strong enough of a character to carry a spin-off, but that seems to be the ultimate curse of this series: Indy is far and away the most interesting character thus the side characters don’t seem to quite develop as strong a fanbase, which limits what they can to expanding this series as an “IP” unlike Star Wars.

That said at the off chance such a series got made I would check it out.

Spiked

After roughly a year of reflection later I think Phoebe Waller-Bridge did a good job bringing Helena to life. Helena Shaw was a more interesting character than Rey was, as she had faults, she wasn’t perfect(or a “Mary Sue” as is the popular phrase these days) but she had good chemistry with Indy and had some interesting depth to her. Her theme of course was the best music John Williams did for the movie.

I certainly don’t need to post the picture showing Indy saved her more times in DoD than she did Indy.

Ultimately I don’t quite think she’s strong enough of a character to carry a spin-off, but that seems to be the ultimate curse of this series: Indy is far and away the most interesting character thus the side characters don’t seem to quite develop as strong a fanbase, which limits what they can to expanding this series as an “IP” unlike Star Wars.

That said at the off chance such a series got made I would check it out.
Rey--not knowing her origin--was more interesting to me. Shaw will always be a side character and a spin off would just be "Tomb Raider."

Walecs

Rey--not knowing her origin--was more interesting to me. Shaw will always be a side character and a spin off would just be "Tomb Raider."
Would have been much more interesting if the arc hadn't dragged for three entire movies and retconned each time. At least Helena's story was complete.

antonb

You're one of the folks that would never, ever be satisfied no matter what they did
That’s a bit personal, surprised you haven’t been banned. No hard feeling from me. I would have been satisfied with a good movie.

FordFan

We got one? Nothing but positive reviews all around.
The Disney PR team, hard at work. "She was adored by all!"

I didn't care much for the character. She was supposed to be mysterious and alluring and I don't think PWB added that.

michael

IF ANYONE here works for Disney....

TELL THEM TO RELEASE THE COMPLETE EXPANDED SCORES

but do it nicer than i can....please!!!!!🥲