"Sex" too hot for Indiana Jones at box office

Lynx

Mike00spy said:
Where is this bad word of mouth you talk about? Proof???

Mixed reactions is probably the best way to describe it. KotCS seems to have very varied word of mouth.

Eric Solo said:
That HAS to be an all-time record for drop in ticket sales.

Actually, it's better then usual. $50 million is considered pretty damn good for most opening weekends (Hell, look at Sex in the City!). Iron Man made about the same in it's second weekend, to put it into perspective.

Mike00spy

Lynx said:
Mixed reactions is probably the best way to describe it. KotCS seems to have very varied word of mouth.

Actually, it's better then usual. $50 million is considered pretty damn good for most opening weekends (Hell, look at Sex in the City!). Iron Man made about the same in it's second weekend, to put it into perspective.

If you look at the biggest movies from last year-
Shrek 3
Spiderman 3
Pirates 3
Potter 5
Transformers

Indy's second weekend drop percentage wise was better than all except Transformers.

splish-splash

Eric Solo said:
That HAS to be an all-time record for drop in ticket sales.(n)

Indy has only dropped 54% in its second weekend. A rather soft drop compared with movies as Pirates 3 (61.5%), Spider-man 3 (61.5%), Shrek The Third
(56.4%), and X-Men 3 (66.9%).

In addition, it is the 7th fastest film in movie history to hit $200 million ( In 10 days).

You were saying? ;)

IrishLuck1980

This is the 21st Century. Where you can go to the movies one night, and download the movie for a 2nd viewing when you get home. This was to be expected. I wouldn't be surprised if Indy takes #1 again by next weekend. Lord knows why, the movie sucked.

Avilos

IrishLuck1980 said:
This is the 21st Century. Where you can go to the movies one night, and download the movie for a 2nd viewing when you get home. This was to be expected. I wouldn't be surprised if Indy takes #1 again by next weekend. Lord knows why, the movie sucked.

Maybe not everyone agrees with you? There are many things in this world that I don't like or agree with. But guess what? I can acknowledge they exist. As a result I have a very good perception of reality.

tupogirl

I think the second week numbers are impressive, even with the drop. I know I was reading last week's figures and Indy was WELL ahead of the 2nd place movie.

Plus I remember years ago when it would take maybe a year for a movie to come out on DVD. Now the turnaround is *so* fast. I'm guessing a Thanksgiving or Christmas release. And they might as well do Thanksgiving and get the Black Friday shoppers.

ChromiumBlue37

Forbidden Eye said:
Is anyone other than middle-aged women and gays really anticipating this movie?

Indy appeals to both genders of all ages, something SATC does not have. I predict slightly big opening, but will go completely Cloverfield on it's following weekends.

Indy will certainly crush it.

All right, stop referring to people as "gays". I'm as human as the next man - you.

The Man

The defence of this film's shortcomings is reaching ludicrous levels of hilarity. Now it's all those "gays" faults that the film is weak.

Crusade>Raiders

Actually, Indy did really good for this weekend. SATC did win, but Indy made more money on Saturday and Today. It did really good, just about as good as Iron Man(which has continued to impress). SATC took a HUGE drop on Saturday and Sunday.

1 SEX AND THE CITY 55.74 1 55.7
2 INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM 46.00 2 216.9
3 THE STRANGERS 20.71 1 20.7
4 IRON MAN 14.00 5 276.6
5 CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE.. 13.02 3 115.7
6 WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS 6.85 4 66.1
7 BABY MAMA 2.22 6 56.1
8 SPEED RACER 2.14 4 40.6
9 MADE OF HONOR 2.00 5 43.0
10 FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL 1.04 7 60.5

|ZiR|

ChromiumBlue37 said:
All right, stop referring to people as "gays". I'm as human as the next man - you.

You may be human but you cannot deny that you are gay. It's okay; we forgive you for ruining Indiana Jones.

sandiegojones

The Man said:
The defence of this film's shortcomings is reaching ludicrous levels of hilarity. Now it's all those "gays" faults that the film is weak.
We're stating effeminate homosexual males are part of the "success" of SATC, not for any problems with Indy 4. $46 million is a very strong second weekend and I bet the film is in theaters longer than SATC.

ChromiumBlue37

|ZiR| said:
You may be human but you cannot deny that you are gay. It's okay; we forgive you for ruining Indiana Jones.

So far I have contributed $50 towards the Box Office sales of this movie KOTCS, plus $1300 in merchandise.

When did I ever deny I was gay? I'm the one who spoke up and said something!

Anywho, DOWN with Horse-face and her 3 slut friends, (I mean SATS).

ChromiumBlue37

After seeing Kingdom AGAIN, I absolutely LOVE it.

I have narrowed by cringes down to two scenes - Mutt swinging to catch up with the Russian convoy and the way the 13 crystal skeletons merge together and form a single alien. Are the skeletons now "spiritual" and no longer solid? I get the 13 individual bodies = one collective mind idea, but how does crystal blend into crystal?

The Man

ChromiumBlue37 said:
So far I have contributed $50 towards the Box Office sales of this movie KOTCS, plus $1300 in merchandise.

When did I ever deny I was gay? I'm the one who spoke up and said something!

Anywho, DOWN with Horse-face and her 3 slut friends, (I mean SATS).

SATC: Sarah Adores Those Carrots

32768400.horse14.jpg

sandiegojones

ChromiumBlue37 said:
After seeing Kingdom AGAIN, I absolutely LOVE it.

I have narrowed by cringes down to two scenes - Mutt swinging to catch up with the Russian convoy and the way the 13 crystal skeletons merge together and form a single alien. Are the skeletons now "spiritual" and no longer solid? I get the 13 individual bodies = one collective mind idea, but how does crystal blend into crystal?
The skulls merging is more of a vision that Spalko has. As the info she desired is being "transmitted" to her - the collective knowledge of all 13 are combined into one transmittal source (remember she says they are "hive minded") - she sees the single alien in a vision as they are spinning in the room around her. Remember that the aliens have no brain, but that their knowledge is stored in the crystal (much like a cell phone or computer uses crystal to store data). Hence why her brain fried. It was like using a power cable to supply power to water!

I have no explanation for the Tarzan swing. :hat:

Last edited: