Skull plot - order of events now we've seen the trailer

barranca

the-chuckle-brothers_001761_2_MainPicture.jpg

Comic Genius Par excellence !!

oki9Sedo

trippweeder said:
I'll give Supershadow this much: he's dedicated to his delusions but, alas, he remains a putz.

You say "he's dedicated to his delusions" as if its a good thing.

trippweeder

oki9Sedo said:
You say "he's dedicated to his delusions" as if its a good thing.

It's clearly not a good thing, but, Jesus, I've never known anybody to purposely humiliate himself with such tenacity. This guy's energy could really benefit society if he was of sane mind.

jasperjones

OK, now that we've all seen the trailer (if you haven't , what is wrong with you?!) it's speculation time. I'm posting this in here because I'm not sure that the non-spoiler crew will appreciate a spoiler filled analysis. If this has been discussed then apologies and no doubt I'll have earned a sarky comment from the mods...

Anyway...

I'm thinking more and more that the warehouse sequence is from the opening adventure. Here we'll meet Indy again, Mac, Spalko and the McGuffin. Marshall mentioned that Mac and Indy both worked together for the British and US secret service. Maybe this is something to do with that. I'd guess that Mac is driving the Army car with Indy in the trunk as they try to sneak into Roswell/ area 51/ the warehouse. They get caught. I think the sihouette may well be our first great re-intro to Indy.

Then the Warehouse sequence kicks off. Are they after the Ark? Maybe. Perhaps Indy stops them from getting it. Indy will stop them getting their hands on it. I think it's probably also here he is his first fight with Dovchenko perhaps (in the control room) which ends with him kicking him through the window. During the Warehouse sequence Spalko will learn about the Roswell crate (unless this is teh reason they are there and not the Ark).

Perhaps the Ark is triggered or something else is which results in an enormous bang (the big bang from the AICN reports) to end the sequence.

Spalko gets away with the Skull/ knowledge of the skulls. At this stage Indy is maybe not aware of this. It seems that he goes back to teaching after this. Maybe he figures he is getting past it and the time has come for him to pack it all in.

While he's teaching, Mutt finds him and asks him for his help in finding Marion. They get chased from the college. Indy goes with Mutt to South America.

Once they get there though, I think they have a disagreement and split up. We've already seen pics of them separating. I think Mutt arrogantly believes he can do without Indy's help and goes off into the jungle to find Marion alone.

We see the shots in the trailer of him digging on his own. Looking round at the Warriors. Looking scared.

I think Indy saves him. Scares off the warriors.

This leads to: I thought you were a teacher.

Part time.

From then they are together. We have the campfire scene. Mutt and Spalko end up fighting. Indy ends up dealing with the ants. Indy, Mutt and Marion escape. From here it's a race against the Ruskies to find the kingdom first. They'll find Abner and also come across Mac who is also after the same McGuffin. From here on in the famous 5 are together.

I think the shots of everyone fleeing the temple are as the Temple becomes the starship we've heard rumoured.

What do you think? Thoughts?...

Finn

Staff member
Your idea of not posting it in the non-spoiler section was good progress. However, if some of you still somehow succeeded in getting it through your thick skulls that in 95% of the cases, there is an earlier (and more importantly, recent) thread that could still be useful should it get some new content.

Finn

Staff member
jasperjones said:
Thanks for calling me thick...
Don't mention it. Just a minor dent to your pride, nothing to be worried about. Now back on topic...

agentsands77

jasperjones said:
This leads to: I thought you were a teacher.

Part time.

From then they are together.
That's pretty clearly a good-bye sequence. If you look at the first shot of that scene (they've edited out of sequence), Indy is starting to pull back. So Indy's going on his own, for whatever reason.

I'm bothered about Indy's outfit in the trailer. If the temple scenes and the warriors scenes are to climax the movie, howcome Indy's clothes look very pristine? Unless, the warehouse scenes are toward the end? Indy looks more battered in these scenes.

IndyJr.

I believe the Ark part of the storyline is a good idea, however, that picture of the "exploding Ark" that sends soldiers flying right before the picture of the plane is not the Ark...

It's just a carefully placed video mixed in with the rest to start conversations on that topic. What is it really? Simple: as the boxes "explode" you see at the very end of the clip two headlights showing... so what is it really? One of those trucks coming in at high speed and crashing through boxes... watch it again and think of that instead. ;)

Darth Vile

herr gruber,

I agree... All the pictures/images so far indicate that Indy's attire is more dishevelled in the warehouse scenes (which usually indicates the latter part of the movie). We have little to go off... so I'm very happy to be proven wrong, but I think the general outline will be this...

Reel 1) Intro (not sure of content)
Reel 2) Retired Indy teaching at school/college and subsequent motorcycle chase with Mutt
Reel 3) South America/Jungle/Temple (Indy in costume)
Reel 4) Roswell/Area 51 finale

Also - Indy Jr. I agree. It's a truck/jeep ploughing through the crates.

spiralout

herr gruber said:
I'm bothered about Indy's outfit in the trailer. If the temple scenes and the warriors scenes are to climax the movie, howcome Indy's clothes look very pristine? Unless, the warehouse scenes are toward the end? Indy looks more battered in these scenes.

He can have a change of clothing, can't he? And at some point he's going to be in the water, so it'll wash the dirt off.

spiralout said:
He can have a change of clothing, can't he? And at some point he's going to be in the water, so it'll wash the dirt off.

Will the water also wash off the bruises and beatings or the torn clothing?

TYTAN

I can see now how KOTCS is more in line with Raiders. If, in fact, the wharehouse scene is the opening adventure, then KOTCS marks the first time since Raiders that the opening adventure has introduced us to our main villian. Spalko is going to be introduced in a similiar fashion to how Belloq was introduced.

rogelio

Darth Vile said:
Reel 4) Roswell/Area 51 finale

I think the finale has to do with the power of the Crystal Skull and in the temple, much like the end of raiders, showing what the skull is capable to. So I think the climax will be in the temple as the finale.

Ska

herr gruber said:
Will the water also wash off the bruises and beatings or the torn clothing?

Maybe he made a deal at the end of LC with the old Knight to install a healing water supply system in his house.

jasperjones

All the shots from what I would say are the end of the film have Indy in his jacket . The film is going to end with the temple going skyward I'd bet money on it. The classic shirt look during the warehouse sequence is all from the opening. He's clean at the start because he hasn't really gotten dirty again. Why would Shia be surprised at him having said he was a teacher at the end of the film? That's the sort of remark he should be making the first time he realizes Indy's not some old codger. Almost the reverse of Crusade. You can bet that Mutt will have been cocky as hell to Indy from the start