Skull plot - order of events now we've seen the trailer

G-Man

The new Shia interview at MTV confirms he filmed in the Warehouse too.

This throws a spanner into my, and others, theory that the warehouse sequence is the opening 'end of a previous adventure' sequence.

Darth Vile

G-Man,

I agree totally. If Mutt and Marion are there, then those here that insist that the warehouse is at the start of the movie are incorrect. Saying that, being pragmatic... A) Just because we know Shia and Karen were on set doesn?t mean they actually filmed there in character. B) There is always a possibility that the warehouse/Area 51 scenes are two separate and distinct set pieces, which top and tail the movie i.e. we get to see them twice.

G-Man

Darth Vile said:
A) Just because we know Shia and Karen were on set doesn?t mean they actually filmed there in character.
After seeing the Vanity Fair pic of Mutt and Marion on the motorbike in the Warehouse, I felt the same, i.e. that they were on set, but not necessarily filming there.

However the MTV blog http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/02/22/shia-labeouf-confirms-raiders-link-apologizes-to-spielberg/ confirms Shia 'filmed HIS scene there'...

Darth Vile said:
B) There is always a possibility that the warehouse/Area 51 scenes are two separate and distinct set pieces, which top and tail the movie i.e. we get to see them twice.
I agree this is a possibility, it's looking like there is a lot more location switching than I first assumed.

God'sRadio

His scene - singular. That suggests some sort of coda to the movie to me, not the running jumping scenes - plural - that we see Indy involved in.

You know, I increasingly think we've seen the opening scenes (minus the mountain reveal): The first is the flag shot, establishing the trucks driving up the road to the base. That will lead to the Indy's silhouette on the car shot outside the hangar at the base. Missing in between is a shot in which his hat is seen to roll across the tarmac as the car arrives.

Last edited:

God'sRadio

Perhilion said:
Yes, but what about the stormy atmosphere in the trailer? That gives me an "end of the movie/world" feeling. But I do hope you're right.

I noticed Shia has a shovel in his hand in the trailer shot - digging for clues

jasperjones

I think that either Shia and Karen were just on set, OR, if they did film there, that they are returning something to the warehouse....or maybe the film does climax in area 51...

However, I think this cemetary info does fit with the theories some of us have had that Shia doesn't realize just how adventurous Indy is until he helps him out of a jam and they team up to enter the conquistador's tomb. I still think Hurt maybe one of the Cemetary warriors...we also now know where Mutt gets his sword from to fight with Spalko...

Unrelated - not sure if anyone has mentioned this...in the trailer we have the chase shots of the jungle cutter exploding and the blade spinning towards the truck...we also have the shot of Indy, Marion and Mutt ducking before impact: it would be absolutely classic Indy if Indy uses the rocket launcher against the jungle cutter, destroying it with that cocky grin of his, only to see the exploded blade heading right for them...grin wiped off his face...thoughts?

A_True_Believer

jasperjones said:
it would be absolutely classic Indy if Indy uses the rocket launcher against the jungle cutter, destroying it with that cocky grin of his, only to see the exploded blade heading right for them...grin wiped off his face...thoughts?

I think it's certain that this will happen. When they duck you can see that the grenade is no longer in the RPG, and the fact that the launcher is still on Indy's shoulder likely means he has just fired it.

Also, there was a spy photo on here a while back that showed a military truck sliced lengthwise. I think we now know how that happens.

Finn

Staff member
jasperjones said:
I think that either Shia and Karen were just on set, OR, if they did film there, that they are returning something to the warehouse....or maybe the film does climax in area 51...
Let's keep in mind that the warehouse set was seemingly built in a studio in LA... and likely wasn't the ONLY set built there. So even if they don't appear in the warehouse segment, nothing says they weren't there. Elementary.