So... what do you think of the full soundtrack?

MaxPhactor23

IrishLuck1980 said:
Well, that's it for me. This Forum has turned into Indy Haters.

What are we supposed to do...like something we dislike to appease you? We’re all entitled to an opinion, I suggest you grow up and accept that people won't always agree. Good riddance.

HawkEagleWolf

MaxPhactor23 said:
I can?t see myself humming Call of the Crystal Skull. That?s just it?is there a basic layout for the theme anyway? I listened to it twice and there isn?t really much of a theme there at all. It?s not memorable whatsoever. Not to mention the Mexican music is rather ridiculous?so much so it makes me chuckle. Highly disappointed overall. Great way to kick off the film.
Oy you're real music critic. John Williams, and other composers, have always said sometimes you don't need something that needs to be hummed when you're composing something for a movie If you want something hum worthy go back and hide under your Raiders blanket, listening to Raiders March as if it's the only thing that matters.

So was the Dinner is Served Track where it into a comedic Waltz for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. And yet the scene it was for made perfect sense regardless. The Score was great but people thought it was a bit Dark-ish.

You haven't seen the film yet so you don't know how the music goes along with it. That being said, I don't know either but at least I'm being open minded.

-HawkEagleWolf

MaxPhactor23

HawkEagleWolf said:
Oy you're real music critic. John Williams, and other composers, have always said sometimes you don't need something that needs to be hummed when you're composing something for a movie If you want something hum worthy go back and hide under your Raiders blanket, listening to Raiders March as if it's the only thing that matters.

So was the Dinner is Served Track where it into a comedic Waltz for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. And yet the scene it was for made perfect sense regardless. The Score was great but people thought it was a bit Dark-ish.

You haven't seen the film yet so you don't know how the music goes along with it. That being said, I don't know either but at least I'm being open minded.

-HawkEagleWolf

Of course I don't...but this entire thread is devoted to what we think of the score right now. I complied, I found it rather boring. What’s with people around here trying to beat others down for not agreeing on something? It’s maturity at it’s finest. I can’t see myself being overwhelmed in the theater, especially now that I know what to expect. It doesn't have to be hum worthy, though with Williams I've come to expect that, but it certainly should evoke some sort of feeling. I got nothing. If that makes you angry…I could really care less. :hat:

BTW…for someone so quick to ridicule those who enjoy the main theme, William certainly included it on the Crystal Skull score in mass quantity, huh? Pssh! It seems to be in there as much as it’s on flipping Raiders itself.

Last edited:

The Man

Forgive me for asking a possibly stupid question, but which is the main skull theme, The Call Of or The Spell Of?

IrishLuck1980

MaxPhactor23 said:
What are we supposed to do...like something we dislike to appease you? We?re all entitled to an opinion, I suggest you grow up and accept that people won't always agree. Good riddance.

I guess I can reply one more time to this nitwit who thinks he's cool because he joined this year and has enough posts to get his avatar. Aw, how cute. And it's not a question of not being able to agree to disagree. This forum has mostly been haters. And I for one come here to get excited, not bummed. So Max, good riddance to you.

MaxPhactor23

IrishLuck1980 said:
I rest my case. My money is on July when all the newbies stop coming.

You have a little more then 100 posts over me. Whoa! Slow down there Tex. You're impressive, most impressive. You’re a ye old veteran, eh? Your unprecedented amount of posts is nothing short of inspirational. My lord…did you do them all by yourself? I hate wailing infants much like yourself that feel the incessant need to whine about someone not mindlessly enjoying everything for “what it is.” Unfortunately to many what it is...is ****. A big steaming pile of corn filled alien ****. This is something as trivial as a film, people are more then entitled to enjoy it or bash it. Why do you feel the need to defend it like one of George Lucas’s lapdogs? Wouldn’t mother be so proud of her mindless zombie crybaby? So people aren’t liking Crystal Skull…is it really the apocalypse? Stop acting butt hurt. What on gods green Earth is it to you what others think? Everyone on this godforsaken planet could hate this film...as long as you like it, that should be all that matters. So honestly...what's it to you? Get out of your mothers basement and get a life, fan boy! Girls aren’t from a galaxy far far away.

Last edited:

spiralout

MaxPhactor, you've already made up your opinion of this film long ago. We already know that you'll hate it.

MattJones

MaxPhactor23 said:
You have a little more then 100 posts over me. Whoa! Slow down there Tex. You're impressive, most impressive. You?re a ye old veteran, eh? Your unprecedented amount of posts is nothing short of inspirational. My lord?did you do them all by yourself? I hate wailing infants much like yourself that feel the incessant need to whine about someone not mindlessly enjoying everything for ?what it is.? Unfortunately to many what it is...is ****. A big steaming pile of corn filled alien ****. This is something as trivial as a film, people are more then entitled to enjoy it or bash it. Why do you feel the need to defend it like one of George Lucas?s lapdogs? Wouldn?t mother be so proud of her mindless zombie crybaby? So people aren?t liking Crystal Skull?is it really the apocalypse? Stop acting butt hurt. What on gods green Earth is it to you what others think? Everyone on this godforsaken planet could hate this film...as long as you like it, that should be all that matters. So honestly...what's it to you? Get out of your mothers basement and get a life, fan boy! Girls aren?t from a galaxy far far away.

So, who to respect?

Someone who joined in 2004 but sparingly posts? Or someone who has posted a lot since February?

I have a problem with people who come on an Indiana Jones forum, spewing hatred for a movie that THEY HAVEN'T SEEN YET. Here we are, getting very excited for the week to come, and you feel the need to post things like that. No thanks, Mr. Wet Blanket.

As for the topic at hand, I actually didn't mind the South American vibe in Journey to Akator. I loved it and the track has simply become one of my favorites.

MaxPhactor23

spiralout said:
MaxPhactor, you've already made up your opinion of this film long ago. We already know that you'll hate it.

You know, I've actually been trying to be a bit more open-minded. I know I?m not going to be blown away by this flick. I think it?s very different. I think that?s undeniable. But I?m trying to view this as more of a 50?s inspired film as opposed to an Indy film. I?m not especially fond of the aliens?but I?m trying to give them a chance. I honestly am. But no...all I ever get is attacked. Even people that agree with me attack me now. People INSIST on making me think the way they think. It's like freaking big brother. I MUST like the film to be worth something. If I don't I'm some sort of idiot, as if film preferences determine intellect. I'm some sort of moron apparently because I don?t agree with aliens. I can't have my own opinion, instead I must enjoy this or I'm worthless. I'm sick and tired of this Third Reich mentality that people seem to support here. I?d like to think I?m a reasonable man, but I do have a temper. I can agree to disagree. I?m more then happy to do that. But once someone feel the need to insult me, specifically over something as completely trivial and absurd as an opinion, I get angry. It's disgusting and to be quite honest?I?ve never hated more people. I thought Prequels fans were bad. Sheesh!

Darth Vile

I thought the new score was rather good myself. I understand that people will perhaps want something a little more memorable within the new score, but I find Williams' music to be rather progressive i.e. he's moved away from his more "popular" type themes and his work is largley classicaly atuned as opposed to soundtrack themed. I think that's why he's incorpoared much of the 'Raiders March', as that familar tune gives him more leeway to experiement with the rest of the score...

His best work (IMHO) will always be the score for 'Superman: The Movie'. So many rich themes in one soundtrack.

MattJones

MaxPhactor23 said:
You know, I've actually been trying to be a bit more open-minded. I know I?m not going to be blown away by this flick. I think it?s very different. I think that?s undeniable. But I?m trying to view this as more of a 50?s inspired film as opposed to an Indy film. I?m not especially fond of the aliens?but I?m trying to give them a chance. I honestly am. But no...all I ever get is attacked. Even people that agree with me attack me now. People INSIST on making me think the way they think. It's like freaking big brother. I MUST like the film to be worth something. If I don't I'm some sort of idiot, as if film preferences determine intellect. I'm some sort of moron apparently because I don?t agree with aliens. I can't have my own opinion, instead I must enjoy this or I'm worthless. I'm sick and tired of this Third Reich mentality that people seem to support here. I?d like to think I?m a reasonable man, but I do have a temper. I can agree to disagree. I?m more then happy to do that. But once someone feel the need to insult me, specifically over something as completely trivial and absurd as an opinion, I get angry. It's disgusting and to be quite honest?I?ve never hated more people. I thought Prequels fans were bad. Sheesh!

MaxPhactor23 said:
Pssh! Your mom should have aborted. :gun: :gun: :gun:

:hat:

metalinvader

|ZiR| said:
Well, it's against the rules to post a link to a direct download of the OST, but I uploaded 'em all onto youtube.

Dude,What happened? They just got deleted!!!

Damnit! I was three songs into it too!Loved what I heard though.

|ZiR|

metalinvader said:
Dude,What happened? They just got deleted!!!

Damnit! I was three songs into it too!Loved what I heard though.

Wittmann said:
they deleted it already

Eep. To be honest, I was expecting this, so I don't know why I'm so surprised. But I still have all the files I made, and I could try uploading them all again... Should I?

Wittmann

|ZiR| said:
Eep. To be honest, I was expecting this, so I don't know why I'm so surprised. But I still have all the files I made, and I could try uploading them all again... Should I?

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

The Man

|ZiR| said:

You're probably better not to. They may already be on their way to your house to "talk" to you.

|ZiR|

The Man said:
You're probably better not to. They may already be on their way to your house to "talk" to you.

Ahh, don't freak me out!!! Now I'm all paranoid.

The OST has already leaked and is released in only five days. Do they really care at this point?