TOD figures revealed

Marty Jones

The entire Temple of Doom wave has just flooded eBay. The prices are inflated as usual, but they are out there. If it wasn't for paint apps, I'd probably venture to buy them off of eBay myself, but I don't trust it.

ChromiumBlue37

Marty Jones said:
The entire Temple of Doom wave has just flooded eBay. The prices are inflated as usual, but they are out there. If it wasn't for paint apps, I'd probably venture to buy them off of eBay myself, but I don't trust it.

You're kidding! Time to have a look at old EVIL PAY.

After checking - Flooding is no understatement. My God, you can even buy an entire case of 12 figures. I want Short Round the most, but he has a Buy It Now price of $17.99. Shortie, can you wait a little longer? We have waiting 24 years already, what's another month?

Last edited:

Marty Jones

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Shortie, can you wait a little longer? We have waiting 24 years already, what's another month?

lol

Would've been a real shame if this time around had turned out like LJN and the line died just before he could be released.

ChromiumBlue37

I had those old LJN figures in my hands so many times, but I wanted them to be made by Kenner instead. I was expecting them to be made by Kenner.

Thank God, (and Hasbro) we are getting our TOD wave!! It's been a LONG wait!

Garfoot

Looked around on Ebay and was pretty excited to see that these have finally been released, I was getting impatient with all the talk of the Indy line being DEAD IN THE WATER.

A little pricey at $18 each, but at least I know that they are out, and my preorder should be coming soon. Can't wait for Ram and Round.

Let the hunt begin folks. These are the one we've been waiting for.

I wish everyone luck on their quest for the holy grail of Indy figures!!!!!!!!!!:whip:

phantom train

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I had those old LJN figures in my hands so many times, but I wanted them to be made by Kenner instead. I was expecting them to be made by Kenner.

Thank God, (and Hasbro) we are getting our TOD wave!! It's been a LONG wait!

I never had the LJN TOD figures, but based on the pictures, I'm glad I never got them - they were really poorly done.

ChromiumBlue37

Yep! Those are the figures that looked like an after-thought. Releasing at least the Short Round figure back then would have gotten the other three to sell better.

kevblee

Agreed, you can't have a TOD lineup without Shorty! Been waiting since 1984 to have one of these to run around with Indy!

tnswman

phantom train said:
I never had the LJN TOD figures, but based on the pictures, I'm glad I never got them - they were really poorly done.

You are out of your mind..They are FANTASTIC figures...The Indy comes with AMAZING accessories and looks just like Harrison.

I went ahead and ordered a few of the TOD figures off of ebay just to make sure I had extras for my warped mind..They should be here this week after talking to the seller and paying a little extra ;)

singsingjohnny

snake_surprise said:
What is the case breakdown for these ToD figures?

Also, does anyone know which figure(s) will be the rare one to find in this set?

HERE is the case breakdown:

2x Indiana Jones (Temple) 2x Indiana Jones in Shirt 1x Mutt Williams in Jacket 1x Indiana Jones with Sub-machine Gun 1x Indiana Jones 1x Chief Temple Guard 1x Short Round 1x Willie Scott 1x Temple Guard 1x Mola Ram

Thankk GOD there are 2 of KOTCS Rocket Launcher Indy and Temple Indy, because those are in short supply around here...:rolleyes:

iLUVINDY

Garfoot said:
Looked around on Ebay and was pretty excited to see that these have finally been released, I was getting impatient with all the talk of the Indy line being DEAD IN THE WATER.

A little pricey at $18 each, but at least I know that they are out, and my preorder should be coming soon. Can't wait for Ram and Round.

Let the hunt begin folks. These are the one we've been waiting for.

I wish everyone luck on their quest for the holy grail of Indy figures!!!!!!!!!!:whip:

there way to expensive, just give it a couple of weeks, and they'll be in stores everywhere (y) (y)

tnswman

iLUVINDY said:
there way to expensive, just give it a couple of weeks, and they'll be in stores everywhere (y) (y)

Are you smoking CRACK?

do you know how many LC figures are sitting on the shelves in many areas and that some areas NEVER saw the LC figures? Check into the REAL WORLD!!

Garfoot

Agreed, I have yet to see the LC figures here where I live in Iowa. Believe me I have checked nearly every day. I work by a Walmart so it's pretty easy to stop by each day. But every time I go, it's the same old dusty KOTCS figures that will never sell.

I'm glad I preordered from BBTS back in June, and got them for $59.99 for the set plus shipping. So it comes out to about $11 per figure. But to me it's worth it, because I would probably never see these figures here, and these were the ones I wanted the most.

I will be very excited to get these on Friday, but also kind of sad to know that these might well be the last new ones we get. Maybe we'll get a Christmas miracle and get the ROTLA series 2, but I won't hold my breath.:gun: :whip: :gun: :whip: :gun: :whip: :gun: :whip: :gun: :whip:

singsingjohnny

Garfoot said:
I'm glad I preordered from BBTS back in June, and got them for $59.99 for the set plus shipping. So it comes out to about $11 per figure. But to me it's worth it, because I would probably never see these figures here, and these were the ones I wanted the most.

Me too. With gas prices and the aggrevation of trying to piece together the whole wave (plus, who knows how limited these will be...), $11 a figure worked for me. At least it insured my getting them...as you said, these are the ones I'm looking forward to most. I never thought I'd ever see a Mola Ram or Short Round figure done this good! (y)

iLUVINDY

tnswman said:
Are you smoking CRACK?

do you know how many LC figures are sitting on the shelves in many areas and that some areas NEVER saw the LC figures? Check into the REAL WORLD!!

i know!!!! What was i thinking, just bought my whole set on EBAY...(y)
I want these BAD

gringo

My case is waiting in my pile of loot from BBTS along with some Joes. Gonna wait a little longer till some more Joes come in

UIMJ

gringo said:
My case is waiting in my pile of loot from BBTS along with some Joes. Gonna wait a little longer till some more Joes come in

I got my notice too. I just want my case shipped so that I can be done with it before Hasbro does something crazy and recalls the whole wave or something....