TOD figures revealed

Garfoot

Amen brother!
Speaking of Hasbro, I was looking through the new TOYFARE magazine looking for any Indy news, and saw some upcoming Hasbro lines for 2009.

I saw that they are coming out with a 3 3/4 Marvel Superheroes line. I think it said they would have something like 35 figures debuting in 2009. By the way they looked pretty good actually. Anyway, with all the Marvel characters at their disposal, I kinda see their issue with Indy. Don't get me wrong I want it to continue until we get all the characters we want, but the appeal to kids just isn't there.

Stack up Hulk, Iron Man, Spidey, and Fantastic Four against some unknown white dude in a suit, and it is no contest. The characters are known to every kid at an early age, but not a lot of kids no who Marcus Brody is. So for the first time I can kinda see why this line is dead. Took my son to Walmart, and he went for Spidey immediately, not giving Indy a looksee.

So Hasbro, thanks for what we got, but set up some sort of bonus figures with your Star Wars line. Online exclusives, whatever you need to do, but please help us collectors of Indy out!!!!

I saw what you have planned for Marvel (My son collects these), and I know the potential for greatest for Indy is still there. You're a great toy company, but you have let down a lot of collectors. Please don't kill off Indy just yet.
When you run out of figures, then stop, but not until then.

But if you do, I guess I can still relive my childhood years throgh your new line starting next year.(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

tnswman

My case of TOD figures just shipped from Entertainment Earth and the figures I got from eBay have shipped as well this AM :) Now I'm sad since I will be finished with the Hasbro Indy figure Collection :(

DIrishB

bonoferox said:
How much if I may ask?

Just under $16 each with shipping. Twice what I'd pay in stores, I know, but I'd easily spend that much in gas alone the first month looking for them, stopping from store to store, etc, and that doesn't even factor in the time I'll save. Its just easier with Ebay.

So I'm just waiting on my ToD figures and my Crystal Skeleton mail-aways, and my collection will be complete...unfortunately...I really wish this line would continue.

tnswman

DIrishB said:
Just under $16 each with shipping. Twice what I'd pay in stores, I know, but I'd easily spend that much in gas alone the first month looking for them, stopping from store to store, etc, and that doesn't even factor in the time I'll save. Its just easier with Ebay.

So I'm just waiting on my ToD figures and my Crystal Skeleton mail-aways, and my collection will be complete...unfortunately...I really wish this line would continue.

Amen Bro!!! Ebay will get you what you want ASAP!! When I want something, Money means nothing to me.

bonoferox

tnswman said:
Amen Bro!!! Ebay will get you what you want ASAP!! When I want something, Money means nothing to me.

Wish I could say the same :) Toyrocket says they'll ship within 1-2 weeks, but it's only paying 12.00 per figure which would guarantee saving money on driving everywhere.

vf wing

BBTS says mine have shipped as well. Much earlier than I expected. Had to buy 5 more Indianas and a Mutt, but that only breaks down to $9 a figure, so i can deal. Coming out this early makes me think they may be easier to find at stores than anticipated. I will definitely pick up more if i see them in person!

tnswman

bonoferox said:
Wish I could say the same :) Toyrocket says they'll ship within 1-2 weeks, but it's only paying 12.00 per figure which would guarantee saving money on driving everywhere.

Yeap...Some people simply don't understand how gas and time add up when you don't find anything at the stores.

UIMJ

tnswman said:
Yeap...Some people simply don't understand how gas and time add up when you don't find anything at the stores.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I've been buying cases myself. And the remaining doubles will make good eBay fodder somewhere down the line.

Billy Ray

bonoferox said:

With EE and BBTS shipping now, I bet we will hear something from Toyrocket soon as well.

I agree about the gas too, there are way too many Wal-Marts and Target in this city and when I am on "the hunt" I can't control myself. Ordering online will most likely SAVE me money in the long run, though I am still apprehensive about not seeing them before I buy them. The only figure is have ever ordered online were exclusives.

Another thing is, I won't have to stress over finding them. I just barely completed the TLC wave and that was by sheer luck. I only saw Vogel and Elsa once. I had to get an employee at Wal-Mart to open a case for me to secure Vogel.

Still haven't found Mutt on Motorcycle though...LOL, I should have ordered him too.

Lambonius

Billy Ray said:
With EE and BBTS shipping now, I bet we will hear something from Toyrocket soon as well.

Still haven't found Mutt on Motorcycle though...LOL, I should have ordered him too.

I hope so; I'm getting antsy! :)

He's around; the demand for him doesn't seem to be as high as the new basic figures. You should be able to easily find him online for retail plus shipping (last I checked, HTS had him in stock.)

Billy Ray

Lambonius said:
According to this poster on the toynewsi forums, TOD figs have started shipping from some online retailers.

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2057154

Here's hoping it's true and this means we'll start to see them in the US soon.

You know, I am beginning to doubt this guy actually has these in hand. First he says he has to return from a trip or something, then he claims camera problems, and today I looked up the company he ordred them from (Star Action Figures) and they are still in pre-order status and listed as shipping in October.

Not that I have any real reason to not belive the guy, I really hope he does have them...I just want to see the pics! I keep checking back in that thread numerous times a day...my time is precious you know ;)

Nurhachi1991

Wait a minate if everyone hates TOD so much than why the hell do they want the figures??? It doesn't make sense!!!!!!!

inky_skin

Nurhachi1991 said:
Wait a minate if everyone hates TOD so much than why the hell do they want the figures??? It doesn't make sense!!!!!!!

Simple - we don't all hate ToD :)

I ordered from Star Action Figures as well, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I mailed the owner direct with my concerns about the short production run on ToD figs, and he assured me that he's ordered plenty from 3 different wholesalers to cover his pre-orders. However - he gave no indication that any of his orders had been filled yet and stuck to the October shipping date. So, as for the TNI poster - believe it when you see it.

Last edited:

kevblee

I checked Ebay...seems all the figs are coming from 2 different people....one of which is in ID. I doubt the figures have started showing up at retail yet.

The Golden Idol

Nurhachi1991 said:

It's because the characters are visually cool despite the lacking quality of the movie (in my opinion).

That's my reason, at least.

Also, this may be the last Indy wave of figures, which is why many don't want to miss out on it.

kevblee

Does anyone know, or have , the DCPI code for the case that Target will get with the new figures? Even the UPC code on the case will help....if someone has that. I have scored lots of Star Wars and GI Joe goodies this way. Thanks!