Where do all Indy's girls go?

Doctorjones

As some of you will know in some Indy novels indy has a wife called Deidre Campbell. Then in the Emperor's tomb video game there is Mei ying. And then there is Willie Scott. Then Marion, Elsa and Sophia. Does anyone know where they all go? Because how come he's in love with one girl, then he has someone else and then someone else again. Any thoughts? :whip:

Junior Jones

It seems that, for various reasons, things never work out.

***Spoiler alert***
Dierdre Campbell-Jones died...
***End Spoiler***

Mei Ying lives on a different continent.
Willie Scott really wasn't Indy's type.
Elsa turned out to be on the German's side.
Marion was really the only woman I could see Indy staying with long-term. I really wonder what happened to her.

I would guess that being a globe-trotting archaeologist who constantly faces death would make it hard for him to settle down for a long-term relationship with anyone.

Indyologist

Doctorjones said:
Can you tell me anything about sophia Hapgood. What happened to her?

She mostly likely went to doing what she does best-- scamming people and getting Nur-Ab-Sal to mess w/people's minds!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Junior Jones said:
It seems that, for various reasons, things never work out.

***Spoiler alert***
Dierdre Campbell-Jones died...
***End Spoiler***

Mei Ying lives on a different continent.
Willie Scott really wasn't Indy's type.
Elsa turned out to be on the German's side.
Marion was really the only woman I could see Indy staying with long-term. I really wonder what happened to her.

I would guess that being a globe-trotting archaeologist who constantly faces death would make it hard for him to settle down for a long-term relationship with anyone.

I know what happened to Marion!!! According to Marshall College at the Offical IJ website, she tried her hand at journalism for a while then opened up a nightclub (probably a reference to Marvel comics' The Raven's Nest). Apparently, it was commitment problems on both sides ;)

Finn

Staff member
Now, why doesn't anyone wonder where all James Bond's women go...

Indy's a player. Period.

IAdventurer01

Doctorjones said:
Can you tell me anything about sophia Hapgood. What happened to her?

Hey! According to the government that woman does not exist!

...yeah, she probably just kept working for the US government (Infernal Machine). Indy could never live with someone working for the government. :p

Webley

Doctorjones said:
Does anyone know where they all go? Because how come he's in love with one girl, then he has someone else and then someone else again. Any thoughts? :whip:
This is what I like to think Willie did.

After the events that took place in the movie" Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" Willie returned to the US and was one of the most famous singingers in the 1940s. She now has tons of monny and is sending a certian "Pint-sized sidekick" to a prestegious boarding school.

Finn

Staff member
Willie? P'haps, after her thing with Jones ended she got hooked with Short Round.

Magda

Indy is actually a homicidal psycho and does away with his lovers at the end of every adventure. Elsa died before he had the chance; Marion is lucky enough to escape the attempted murder every time.

Magda

Remember the scene where he pulls her into a kiss and the entire village is in the throws of jubilation? They're only happy because their next meal is the fair-skinned foreign woman as promised.

"Sure, I'll get your rock back, but only if you take the girl."

roundshort

qwerty said:
If you could choose, who would you rather be Indy or Bond
such a childish question

o h like we hadn't all thought of it . . .
I have to go with SGT. Troy of Rat Patrol, he was the man!

cruses on the person who introduced me to Rat Patrol!